Should the Goldenmall be re-opened?

Should the Goldenmall be accessable for everyone?

• Yes! Make it a warp.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No! We don't want another mall.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It should be moved and made in to a warp!

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Boss

Jan 23, 2019
NOTICE! This is a personal opinion, and the admins are not involved. It's done just because i want to see if people are genuinely interested in the golden mall.

Well so we have the mall right now, and it's all good and dandy. But sadly it's not used all too much, the stalls are owned by new players every month and it's hard to commit to a store you like. We, lostintheworld, Theboss2011, Shakaar12 are starting a shop and would like others to do so as well, where you can always get the Slimefun items or rare items that you want without having to spam the chat or contact a hundred people for it, at fixed and reasonable prices. (Considering what you are getting)

Right now the Golden-mall is a player owned mall, meaning it's creator Delicatebean took the rent from its occupants, but now it seems that nibble owns it. This would mean that nibble would earn quite a lot of cash passively from anyone who decides to rent. So the predicament is that creating a warp there would give a single person an advantage over others. So in practice there would be two options, 1. Set up a warp at the current lot and have nibble earn money from it. Or 2. Create a new golden mall/ move the existing one and make it a server owned lot, where the money is taken out of the game when players are renting.

Please select your opinion down in the poll below!
Thanks! - Boss.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
well I do think that giving official companies that have proven their worth a special, bigger and nicer place to sell is a very good idea, I hope tue new city makes places for the already beautiful build from Bean (rebuilding a smilar space would be wastefull, unless you need new feautures added)
and then it can be used as a motivator for people to start up big companies! :)

Reactions: Boss

pengyy

Verified
Pengy2552
Pengy2552
Millionaire
May 20, 2018
my messenger pigeon
It sort of defeats the purpose of the normal mall, the stalls should be in moderately high demand, and bigger companies eventually move on to set up their stores in actual plots instead of the mall space. I don't see what is the purpose of having another mall which would just result in everyone having a mall. It isn't hard to get a mall space in the current mall anyway. Plus either way money is being taken out of the economy whether the rent goes to nibble or the server.

Boss

Jan 23, 2019
It sort of defeats the purpose of the normal mall, the stalls should be in moderately high demand, and bigger companies eventually move on to set up their stores in actual plots instead of the mall space. I don't see what is the purpose of having another mall which would just result in everyone having a mall. It isn't hard to get a mall space in the current mall anyway. Plus either way money is being taken out of the economy whether the rent goes to nibble or the server.
Well its more about having the option to excell from the mall, and having a shop thats not only bigger but is also guaranteed to be there with a niche thats special to that shop.

You mentioned player owned lots with shops, they are hard to find for the players, and without the owner of the store being online... they are unable to get there or figure out that the store exists.

Having a warp to a more serious venture will allow players to discover the shops much faster, and it will make it harder for monopolys and huge markups on the merchendise due too single location price competators.

This also gives meaning to the company plugin as its quite challanging to run large operations alone.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
he said mostly what I would have said.

Also adding that it makes for the first official company permission other than the smart watches to be added to the server bringing joy for all players, more roleplay and more activity.

Reactions: Boss
T

Trump15024

A little history here. The gomall was regioned when 123jackattack and I made a deal with nibble we would take care of the mall. However, since at the time our personal lives got busy and we sold it to bean. Nibble now owns it since he was the server owner and took it for obvious reasons.

Boss

Jan 23, 2019
A little history here. The gomall was regioned when 123jackattack and I made a deal with nibble we would take care of the mall. However, since at the time our personal lives got busy and we sold it to bean. Nibble now owns it since he was the server owner and took it for obvious reasons.
Interesting, lets hope we can make it low maintenance like the current mall. So that it can continue to play a role on the server. :)