Slimefun Suggestion

T

Trump15024

Recently I have seen some players talking about how low sf pricing has gotten etc. So here is my suggestion: Everyone on the server right now has access to /sf guide. I will use an example companies irl like Apple, Samsung, and Google and the main companies who make tech. On McCities the only large market companies can sell is Slimefun. With the new company plugin, most of the companies sell slimefun. My suggestion is to restrict the slimefun command to only companies and or a job rank only accessible to 1. Those who have a company and 2. Reach the Executive/Rich rank. This will allow companies and business to have a wider market to sell instead of just 1 person selling slimefun for very very low hurting companies and in return hurting the employees of the companies and in the end hurting consumers. If slimefun is not restricted to only distributors then there will be no consumers because everyone will be distributors.

Reactions: laggynab and Minty

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Recently I have seen some players talking about how low sf pricing has gotten etc. So here is my suggestion: Everyone on the server right now has access to /sf guide. I will use an example companies irl like Apple, Samsung, and Google and the main companies who make tech. On McCities the only large market companies can sell is Slimefun. With the new company plugin, most of the companies sell slimefun. My suggestion is to restrict the slimefun command to only companies and or a job rank only accessible to 1. Those who have a company and 2. Reach the Executive/Rich rank. This will allow companies and business to have a wider market to sell instead of just 1 person selling slimefun for very very low hurting companies and in return hurting the employees of the companies and in the end hurting consumers. If slimefun is not restricted to only distributors then there will be no consumers because everyone will be distributors.
Well that is good but seems extreme, also restricting to people with company sucks, I dont even have a company or an official one yet I supplied a lot of sf, as well as the majority of the player base who does sf and are advanced dont work in companies.
Slimefun is fun to play with experiment and have fun creating stuff limiting this from the newer player kills the fun. I remember how happy i was when i first made slime boots it felt great jumping so high to my hearts desire. Besides this ‘us’ developers as you speak of while have a monopoly in the economy. The company workers and companies also should own up to their downfall on slimefun, they were the ones who caused the outburst of sf and the insane lowering of prices which influences the economy right now. As much as your intention is good its process of taking the freewill of making slimefun away from players is wrong. This is how the economy is you try to influence it you don’t people have already broken it with trends like dust farms. If slimefun prices die so be it its how the economy went, and know that these same major companies were the ones who made a major impact on the lowering of prices. I played my role trying to increase prices slightly but it was intercepted by external forces I couldnt control.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Its simple supply and demand. Maybe you can search for a new plugin that can be used in this economy and then will have a higher demand. Staff can simply prepare the plugin and make it hard to get so its worth more.

The worth of sf is determend by the amount of slimefun dusts availeble. Sf us hard if you have to go around and make copper dust manually. But then more and more people got dust farms and sold it. Easy as that. No reverse on that thing.

We need to make food worth more. Cuz slimefun food is worth so less these days. Should be way more

Reactions: laggynab and Minty

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
Problem with this is, what about the players who enjoy playing solo ? they may not want to join a company and may want to make their own sf, simple or complex and its unfair to be restricted to . only companies so that solo player can not participate in sf

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Problem with this is, what about the players who enjoy playing solo ? they may not want to join a company and may want to make their own sf, simple or complex and its unfair to be restricted to . only companies so that solo player can not participate in sf
Ikr, everything isnt business

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
One of the main points of slimefun is for everyone to be able to check it out and have fun with it. Also, the server relies on a free market economy, so anyone can sell things for whatever price they want (idk, never taken an economy course). Restricting it wouldn't be beneficial to all players, just companies looking to reduce competition and turn a profit.

T

Trump15024

The point is slimefun is the only major industry of items to sell. When we allow people who don’t care about sf pricing in the market it lowers prices a lot and decreases demand. In decreasing prices it hurts the employees of companies and businesses. Auto enchanters use to be 30k and only advanced players made sf now they are 5k. They would sell the item for 30k and give their employees parts of the money. In allowing slimefun prices to continue to drop we are allowing the biggest market to collapse the slimefun market will be gone just like if everyone was able to make iPhones at their houses the company Apple would be destroyed, and employees would lose their jobs.

Reactions: laggynab

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
As I said, suggest a new way of making money, a new job/market. People get more advanced over time, the only way is to upgrade and expand your business to not go out of the market. Apple's phones are upgrading every new edition. So why shouldn't companies on cities?

Death

Mar 18, 2017
As I said, suggest a new way of making money, a new job/market. People get more advanced over time, the only way is to upgrade and expand your business to not go out of the market. Apple's phones are upgrading every new edition. So why shouldn't companies on cities?
Cause theres only a limit to how much we can make in cities, there isnt some hidden super secret sf guide of super advanced technology.

The point is slimefun is the only major industry of items to sell. When we allow people who don’t care about sf pricing in the market it lowers prices a lot and decreases demand. In decreasing prices it hurts the employees of companies and businesses. Auto enchanters use to be 30k and only advanced players made sf now they are 5k. They would sell the item for 30k and give their employees parts of the money. In allowing slimefun prices to continue to drop we are allowing the biggest market to collapse the slimefun market will be gone just like if everyone was able to make iPhones at their houses the company Apple would be destroyed, and employees would lose their jobs.
Gabriel you got a good intention but its not right. Part of the reason slimefun prices dropped was cause of companies who said giving them a monopoly will only make the situation better. Also ‘employees/workers’ are’nt really needed. Plus no one solely relies on making money being a worker for a company that does sliemfun. Or rarely atleast. As much as I want to fix the slimefun market thats really how it is, sometimes you win sometimes you lose, sometimes things go good sometimes things go bad. But clearly your idea is irrational. If players were restricted from doing slimefun, what makes being in a group better. Is it the common status quo we need to follow that companies come in big groups? Don’t solo entrepreneurs or people who don’t even need companies can be successful. That also makes selling dusts/ or any other product madein between useless as the only ones who can use it are the companies. I mean if I were honest not even the company owners of mccities are the most successful if your counting how long they have been and how much they only were able to make from it. Im not complaining cause I don’t have a company but, I enjoy discovering and doing slimefun and restricting it isn’t right. Giving a player or a company a monopoly over something is wrong but in the end the companies were the ones who started the price drop anyways, funny how theyre aiming to fixing it now.

T

Trump15024

Cause theres only a limit to how much we can make in cities, there isnt some hidden super secret sf guide of super advanced technology.

Gabriel you got a good intention but its not right. Part of the reason slimefun prices dropped was cause of companies who said giving them a monopoly will only make the situation better. Also ‘employees/workers’ are’nt really needed. Plus no one solely relies on making money being a worker for a company that does sliemfun. Or rarely atleast. As much as I want to fix the slimefun market thats really how it is, sometimes you win sometimes you lose, sometimes things go good sometimes things go bad. But clearly your idea is irrational. If players were restricted from doing slimefun, what makes being in a group better. Is it the common status quo we need to follow that companies come in big groups? Don’t solo entrepreneurs or people who don’t even need companies can be successful. That also makes selling dusts/ or any other product madein between useless as the only ones who can use it are the companies. I mean if I were honest not even the company owners of mccities are the most successful if your counting how long they have been and how much they only were able to make from it. Im not complaining cause I don’t have a company but, I enjoy discovering and doing slimefun and restricting it isn’t right. Giving a player or a company a monopoly over something is wrong but in the end the companies were the ones who started the price drop anyways, funny how theyre aiming to fixing it now.
The slimefun market was ruined by players who sold cheap sf items individually. Companies could not compare with the amount of private sellers who would sell their products at below market value. Companies on McCities continue to have the set prices.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
The slimefun market was ruined by players who sold cheap sf items individually. Companies could not compare with the amount of private sellers who would sell their products at below market value. Companies on McCities continue to have the set prices.
I said partly but thats how the economy works before there was a low supply of it now theres a high supply of it. Cant really change that. Thats how the economy works, and messing with how nature flows isnt good most of the time.

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
So? Not everyone has to care about slimefun pricing. If the value is lowered, it can simply be attributed to supply in demand. Artificially changing the pricing to benefit large companies doesn't really make any kind of sense, except for of course make the company executives richer. Also, keep in mind that slimefun items cost a lot of stuff and take a lot of time to make. So people will still buy, just not as much. Honestly, that's not much of a problem in my book, both economically and logistically.

T

Trump15024

So? Not everyone has to care about slimefun pricing. If the value is lowered, it can simply be attributed to supply in demand. Artificially changing the pricing to benefit large companies doesn't really make any kind of sense, except for of course make the company executives richer. Also, keep in mind that slimefun items cost a lot of stuff and take a lot of time to make. So people will still buy, just not as much. Honestly, that's not much of a problem in my book, both economically and logistically.
No value=No market.