Staff Bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
Hello everyone! I am making this post to hear your thoughts and share my opinion on some of my experiences with staff. For the most part, the staff is wonderful, always helpful and kind, but sometimes I feel they can be biased towards and against certain players. I mean, I was on yesterday and I think it was @DaReff who was upset about that new players that were a staff members friend received exclusive/free stuff that regular players who worked hard would never get. I also find that Police Officers are kind of treated as a Tier 2 staff, even though they're really just normal players, and they can be biased too, like not jailing someone because "he's my son," and stuff like that (it doesn't happen often tho.) I feel that the staff also trusts them more/listens to them and treats them better than normal players. I mean one cop didn't like what I was doing so he private messaged a staff member IRL and got them to come on and ban me for a week without warning (also 4 days more than what the rules state how long I should be banned for.) After making an appeal with valid points, none were addressed and you can see that the staff member doesn't like me, since what they say they banned me for is not against the rules and not true. I mean even looking at ban appeals, you can see most are denied, while yet some are accepted when they apologize, while others aren't when they apologize. I don't know, I just feel that some staff can be extremely biased with the way they treat/punish players. Thoughts?

Acer

Bpacer
Bpacer
Mar 4, 2018
Hello everyone! I am making this post to hear your thoughts and share my opinion on some of my experiences with staff. For the most part, the staff is wonderful, always helpful and kind, but sometimes I feel they can be biased towards and against certain players. I mean, I was on yesterday and I think it was @DaReff who was upset about that new players that were a staff members friend received exclusive/free stuff that regular players who worked hard would never get. I also find that Police Officers are kind of treated as a Tier 2 staff, even though they're really just normal players, and they can be biased too, like not jailing someone because "he's my son," and stuff like that (it doesn't happen often tho.) I feel that the staff also trusts them more/listens to them and treats them better than normal players. I mean one cop didn't like what I was doing so he private messaged a staff member IRL and got them to come on and ban me for a week without warning (also 4 days more than what the rules state how long I should be banned for.) After making an appeal with valid points, none were addressed and you can see that the staff member doesn't like me, since what they say they banned me for is not against the rules and not true. I mean even looking at ban appeals, you can see most are denied, while yet some are accepted when they apologize, while others aren't when they apologize. I don't know, I just feel that some staff can be extremely biased with the way they treat/punish players. Thoughts?
I understand, but 1 thing you have to understand is that Staff treats everyone equally, some staff may be having a bad day and may not have to best positivity but all staff treats everyone the same including banded players. Now cops are only doing their jobs, they may seem *Tier 2 Staff* but they're actually protecting McCities and even though someone says "He's my son" that still means he's getting arrested if not the officer gets a warning or demotion but besides that everything seems normal. Now I understand the reason that one staff member gave their friend some exclusive items, but there's no reason to become upset just because it's unfair. Staff members have the right to give whatever they want as normal players.

Reactions: Atlair

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
I don't think you meant what I said, the officer did not jail him because he was her son, but I don't really care enough to report or anything, I just wanted to point it out. You say that staff treats everyone equally but I just don't see that from my experiences. Yeah, staff can do what they wish with their items, it just feels bad to see new players get a bunch of perks and rewards just because they're friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.