Step One and Done, Step Two... Where's My Shoe?

Robert DeVries

Zero_Industria
Zero_Industria
Sep 11, 2019
Akkalah
In my quest to become an Architect I have decided that my application build will be a retro-modern quartz office building with a twist (more on that later). I cannot stress enough how much I wish I had Worldedit when making this thing. It. Was. Agony. It took me forever to get the exterior to a point where I could even begin to think of doing the floors. However, I persevered, and I'm very happy with the result. It's not quire finished yet but here are some screenshots of the above-ground portions.

As you can see, these poor office workers are up to their necks in paperwork. Too bad all of it is merely to keep up the illusion that it's an office building, they don't know any better. Bless their hearts. I also did not skimp out on safety, there's an emergency exit on every level leading to a fire escape around the back of the building, and four, thick, steel beams hold up the multi-megaton quartz building (which are, in reality, cooling vents for something far more interesting). I also included proper ventilation on the roof.

As you may have guessed by now, there's something else going on here. The office building is merely a mask for an experimental large-scale nuclear reactor hidden underground, using the Earth's crust as a heat sink and venting what the crust won't take into the atmosphere like a regular reactor. This pressurized deuterium oxide-cooled nuclear reactor is going to be my pride and joy of this build. I have a deep-seated love for all things technology, and nuclear technology tops the list of my most revered sciences (just above all the super awesome things carbon can do). It's not ready to show off just yet, but when it is I'll be showing it off as my Architect application. So for now, enjoy what you see! :D

~Robert DeVries, Director of the Department of Energy and Technology, and Executive to the Akkalah Unitary State

Attachments