Stock Suggestion

T

Trump15024

With the stock plugin I suggest making a new job called Stock Broker and people would get XP and pay for stocks they buy just like if you mine you get paid for how many diamonds you mine and you get XP @nibble could this be done?

Reactions: BootsieBear
T

Trump15024

Useless? I mean.. the job broker doesn't need a real job for it. As you earn money from stocks anyway (or lose). A job for it would not change a thing on the server.
1. It would make it more realistic and 2. You earn very little from stocks the point of stocks is to have them in the market for years and then you can make a fortune but players don’t play on cities for 10 or more years so it would be nice to have a job where you earn instant money and XP from doing this just like with the realtor job

Reactions: BootsieBear

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
You don't earn money from Realtor?
Like you can ask a fee sure,
There are ways to make more money from stocks, wich require specific skills, as I know from real life.
Also, Stocks were created as a money sink by Nibble. They add more realism. The brokers are the 2 villagers selling stocks. It is not a player ment job.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
1. It would make it more realistic and 2. You earn very little from stocks the point of stocks is to have them in the market for years and then you can make a fortune but players don’t play on cities for 10 or more years so it would be nice to have a job where you earn instant money and XP from doing this just like with the realtor job
Thats what you think some players made over 10mil from stocks

Reactions: Powerfull

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
Before they do this they should prolly fix the miner job so you actually get money from mining...

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Stock trading is a real job, honestly i find it as a good learning experience some days you win some days you lose. In stock trading a lot of risks are taken but u also get the chance for bigger rewards. The more you risk the more you will get if your stocks go up. Not even the owners can decide who the stock market will go its free flowing. And its actually good to have a real professional job
in cities that isnt just the status quo job aka mining. The common people job (not being offensive) but other people have their own methods of earning and thats what sets them apart.

It wasnt meant to benefit everyone. It was meant to be a money drainer and a mony earner. Can you honestly sleep knowing you just lost 2.5mil dollars of being so reckless? Money is hard to earn and stock trading can be a.up and down.

T

Trump15024

Stock trading is a real job, honestly i find it as a good learning experience some days you win some days you lose. In stock trading a lot of risks are taken but u also get the chance for bigger rewards. The more you risk the more you will get if your stocks go up. Not even the owners can decide who the stock market will go its free flowing. And its actually good to have a real professional job
in cities that isnt just the status quo job aka mining. The common people job (not being offensive) but other people have their own methods of earning and thats what sets them apart.

It wasnt meant to benefit everyone. It was meant to be a money drainer and a mony earner. Can you honestly sleep knowing you just lost 2.5mil dollars of being so reckless? Money is hard to earn and stock trading can be a.up and down.
I am saying players who enjoy investing stocks it should be a job and get some money + xp. It wouldn't be like you get lots of money from this job, but it would be a job where you get some money for investing and xp and after investing you would have wins and loses.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I am saying players who enjoy investing stocks it should be a job and get some money + xp. It wouldn't be like you get lots of money from this job, but it would be a job where you get some money for investing and xp and after investing you would have wins and loses.
So.. I get money for investing? So by spamming /stocks buy and sell I get money? I mean lol.. easy money even if it is just 1 dollar for each trade

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Restrictions
You cant force restrictions on stocks, for example you bought a stock and it goes up like in 5 seconds, you have all the right to sell it and repeat if the trend ends up going like that for like 30mins or something. So still its easy to spam the buy and sell

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
You cant force restrictions on stocks, for example you bought a stock and it goes up like in 5 seconds, you have all the right to sell it and repeat if the trend ends up going like that for like 30mins or something. So still its easy to spam the buy and sell
Or it means that by getting the job you can't invest in stocks well anymore xd

Neilio_Xtreme

Neilio_Xtreme
Neilio_Xtreme
Oct 10, 2017
It's just a hard thing to implement. Since anyone can access /stocks in the same way, there's not quite the need for a stock broker like there is irl.

But let's assume there was a Stock Broker job made. How would it work?

Things like miner are quite obvious in how the money & xp is gained. Break X block(s), get X amount of $$ and XP per block broken. Simple.

The realtor is a little less direct in how they make money, i.e. their income doesn't come immediately after they put forth input. They take the action of buying the house, but don't necessarily get X amount for buying and whatever they will make in profit comes later, at the consumer's discretion. To make the realtor job worth getting, they are allowed extra access in the form of /find and an increased plot limit.

Now let's think about the Stock Broker. With the aforementioned jobs, this new job could go one of two ways. Either the Broker gets income directly based on their actions or they don't & get extra access instead.

Direct: In my opinion this wouldn't work from a mechanics standpoint. Getting a set amount of money/XP per trade is too easy to abuse, especially since there are times when the stock market is closed and prices don't change. Buy at $5 ea. just to turn around and sell it for $5 ea. for $$ and XP? Too easy, free money. Even if there's a limit on what you can earn, say 1 trade per min results in extra $$ and XP, that's still free money and doesn't require any skill. So let's rule out direct income.

Extra Access: This option is more plausible because of the similarities it has to the realtor in terms of money making. Both jobs invest in something and have to wait on an outside force to determine when and how much income they may or may not make. Stocks are just a little different because while they don't need another player to buy, there is a random chance to lose quite a bit of money. Not to say that isn't possible with houses, but let's stick to principle ideas. This means that to make the Stock Broker job worth getting, you would have to make it better than just using /stocks. Problem is, /stocks is already completely accessible by anyone. And my guess is not everyone is even using it, only a handful of people are. So to make a Stock Broker relevant, you would have to restrict everyone else's access to /stocks, in some way or another. While this worked for real estate, because just about everyone on the server was getting involved one way or another, it wouldn't work for stocks. Not enough people use them regularly, so restricting access just to force those who do use it to get the job isn't worth the effort put in to integrate the job onto the server via plugins.

tl;dr In my opinion there isn't a good enough mechanical reason to implement a stock broker job. While you could certainly roleplay a stock broker/investment manager and make some money doing it, there isn't a need or a good way to create a server job that fits.