Stocks

Should there be a MCCities stock market?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
T

Trump15024

We all know this is an economy server. There should be a way to buy and sell stocks. But I guess it's rather like gambling, making people very rich or very poor. But nevertheless, I think it should be added.
You can invest stock in companies like Apple and Microsoft that would be cool

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
I'm agreeing with stocks right, but I have no clue to what they are XD
Think if it as buying a VERY VERY small percentage of the company. If the company does well, that small percentage goes up in value. When it goes up in value (since you bought it) you can sell it and make a profit. Usually things like stocks are bought in large amounts.

Reactions: Jo3512 and acfuffy

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
We all know this is an economy server. There should be a way to buy and sell stocks. But I guess it's rather like gambling, making people very rich or very poor. But nevertheless, I think it should be added.
This would actually be great and cool, but there is no way to tell the value of a company in order to determine the value of the stock. The only way to determine the value of a company is their capital and bank, which are limited. Company A could keep the (max amount of) 500k in their company bank and become a top notch company in seconds.

Also, what would happen if the company was disbanded? All previously bought stocks would be worthless.

I love the idea and I'm all for it, but the current idea has flaws.

Reactions: Powerfull

Marshmallowsmalk

Marshmallowsmalk
Marshmallowsmalk
May 19, 2017
Ireland
Think if it as buying a VERY VERY small percentage of the company. If the company does well, that small percentage goes up in value. When it goes up in value (since you bought it) you can sell it and make a profit. Usually things like stocks are bought in large amounts.
Okay, thanks. Along with your other point made on how it can all just depend on how a company has in its account. It could possibly be exploited, say if someone bought a large amount in stocks but the company was disbanded, the owner or CEO could possibly take that money.

Marshmallowsmalk

Marshmallowsmalk
Marshmallowsmalk
May 19, 2017
Ireland
Okay, thanks. Along with your other point made on how it can all just depend on how a company has in its account. It could possibly be exploited, say if someone bought a large amount in stocks but the company was disbanded, the owner or CEO could possibly take that money.
@cp42 and @PurpleTurkey I'm really getting worried as you seem like you're plotting something evil....

Marshmallowsmalk

Marshmallowsmalk
Marshmallowsmalk
May 19, 2017
Ireland
Evil? If you are referring to something company-wise ... I would never. I have invested too much time and money into Banana/Microsoft to let it be some big evil scamming company. I assure you that I am not evil xD
Ik but it's just the omnious "Oooo I'm going to like this to keep in mind, I can scam this whole company of half a million if I get bored" kinda thing.... sorry

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
*cough Even though Apple and Banana advertise the most doesn't mean other large companies don't exist cough*
Sicken Ind. Is still the largest company... Due to the owner and ceo both being inactive for a short time, we have not been advertising...

Reactions: Powerfull

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Sicken Ind. Is still the largest company... Due to the owner and ceo both being inactive for a short time, we have not been advertising...
Who's owner and CEO of Sicken?