Story Contest Winning Story! || @Laurel

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
Heyyoo lovelys, this is the lovely story written by @Qwikie ^-^ I love it so so so much <3 @Qwikie your such an amazing writer <3 I hope everyone enjoys it as much as i do

‘LAUREL GET DOWN HERE NOW’ yelled a cruel raging voice
‘Not again..’ thought laurel.
‘WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT DRAWING THESE… THINGS?! IN YOUR BOOK. WHY AM I PAYING FOR YOUR EDUCATION FOR THIS STUFF’.
You see Laurel was a very creative girl who had wondrous dreams for the world and she often drew them down.. on paper… in her English book.
‘sorry mum’ she sighed..
Now this wasn’t unusual for Laurel. She often got yelled at by her mother. And it had gotten even worse since her dad left, Which wasn’t a surprise. Every evening she heard her mum and dad yelling at the most idiotic things. After her dad left Laurel changed. She thought differently about the world and she wanted things fixed.

*Bring Bring, Bring Bring* Rang the school bells. It was Monday morning. Everybody’s least favourite day of the week. Laurel walked into her classroom with her books ready for the day. ‘Hey Laurel!’ Yelled a classmate. ‘How’s it going Laurel.’ Yelled another.
‘Hi! Good! Thankyou!’ She replied. Then seeing someone in the corner, someone new, unknown the her, she stopped but then teacher hurriedly entered the room and she sat down and pulled her attention to the front of the classroom.

‘Oh look there’s Willow.’ Laurel thought to herself. ‘Hey Willow! How was your morning?’
‘Great Thanks!’ cheered Willow. ‘Nice to have finished most of our tests ins’t it?’ Asked Laurel. ’I KNOW RIGHT!’ Willow yelled. She seemed to be in a happy mood today. ‘This afternoon we are goi-‘ started willow before she was interrupted. ‘HEY YOU’. The two girls turned around. ‘Ohno its jonno’ whispered Laurel. ‘Yea but who is he walking towards?’
‘Oh it’s the new kid I saw in class earlier, he didn’t seem very happy, lets go help him out.’
‘Aight.’. The girls walked over to Jonno and yelled at him, quite furiously indeed. ‘Hey Jonno, leave the kid alone’ shouted Willow. ‘Pick on someone your own size!’
‘ugh I’ll get u two girls one day.’ grumbled Jonno.

‘er.. um.. thank you for helping me.’ Mumbled the new boy. ‘It’s a pleasure!!’ said willow
‘So I’m laurel and this is willow, what’s your name.’ Asked laurel. ‘Oh I’m joey.’ The young boy replied. ‘It’s great to meet you!’ said the girls together. ‘Would you like to come home with us after school and play some games?’ Asked laurel. ‘Oh yea for sure! Thx for being so friendly to me.’ Said joey. ‘No problem we love making friends.’ Said willow.

That afternoon the 3 kids had a great time playing board games and having fun.
‘Well thank you so much for inviting me over.’ Said joey. ‘Oh it was great fun!’ replied willow. ‘Oh isn’t laurel leaving yet?’ asked joey. ‘Oh er no her mum is a bit rude to her so she often stays for dinner here.’
‘Ahh I see, tell her I said bye and thanks again!’
Later that evening as Laurel left willow’s house, she thought to herself. Today I helped someone. Dam that feels good. I only wish.. I had someone to help me..

The next morning willow got up did her normal every morning routine and went to school humming a song along the way. When she got there laurel wasn’t in their normal spot. ‘I wonder where she can be.’ Said willow to herself. After 5 minutes of searching she saw laurel sitting there in tears. ‘Oh my gosh what happened Laurel!!’ She asked.
‘Last night … mum hurt me badly.’ And she rolled up a sleeve to show her bruised arm. ‘She said im not to come to your house any more after school… and she is making me do work now from when I get home to bedtime.’ She sobbed. ‘What can we do!?’ asked willow. ‘We have got to tell someone!’ ‘Willow I just do not know anymore’ Said Laurel. ‘Hey guys!! How was your night.. oh laurel what’s wrong?’ Asked joey. Willow told him. ‘Oh’ was all he said.
The bell rang and they all had to go inside. ‘Bye see you soon’ Said willow.

The day went on and although joey never really participated in classes, he did so even less today. He kept on thinking how he could help laurel. ‘She helped me out yesterday,’ he said quietly. ‘How can I help her?’ he wondered.
Days passed, Laurel got more bruises, mores sad. No where safe to go, then joey got an idea. ‘What if we tell Mrs Leanne.’ He told willow. ‘I think that’s a great idea!!’ She replied.

So off they went to Mrs Leanne’s Office. Willow told her parts then joey, Mrs Leanne listened without butting in. Then when the two finished their story she said. ‘ I’m glad you came and talked to me. This is very serious’ She said. ‘Now what I want you to do is go to the police and ask if they can come here, Say that its important and that I sent you.’
‘Ok!’ said Joey.

Joey And Willow rushed down to the police office and when they got there, two officers immediately accepted their request. Back at the Office, Mrs Leanne and the police men talked for a LONG time. Then they came out and asked the two children. ‘Can you show us the way to laurels house?’ “of course replied willow.’ And off they went. Just before they entered Joey asked ‘Wont people be home though?’ ‘Nope’ Replied an officer. ‘We checked and laurels mum goes out to yoga on this day every week, so no one should be home.’
‘Now can you two wait out here while we do a little look around’ Said the other officer.

2 hours later they came out. ‘Wow that took a while! Said joey. ‘Yes, now I need you to go back to school and when school ends walk home with laurel. Can you do that for me?’ Asked one police man. ‘Yea!’ said willow. And off they went.

When school ended Joey, Willow and Laurel all went home. ‘Thanks for walking home with me.’ Said laurel. ‘It’s a pleasure.’ replied willow.
When they got there, willow and joey stayed back a little as Laurel opened the door and when she went in the two officers were sitting on the couch waiting. ‘Ahh hello Laurel.’ said one. ‘We have a bit of information for you. So your friend joey thought you were desperately in need of help so he and willow went to your principal. When she told us about what happened we came here. First we looked in at some history on your security cameras which showed your mother abusing you, then we did a search and found a variety of drugs hidden around your house. I’m sorry to say but your mother has been arrested and will probably be serving some jail time.’ Said the officer.

‘Oh wow!’ Said Laurel. ‘I er don’t want to be rude but I hated my mother and I am so glad she’s gone. There’s only one thing. Where will I stay now?’ She asked
‘You could stay with me!’ said willow. ‘I’m sure we could work that out.’ said the officer.
‘Thank you so much joey! You have done the best thing for me in my whole life!’
‘Oh er you helped me the other day and I wanted to help you in return.’
So the 3 children and 2 officers walked down to Willow’s house where things were organised. Then they all went and had a smoothie in a nice little cafe across the road.
‘You really helped joey’ One of the police men whispered to him. ‘Thx.’ He replied.

The End

Info

- Laurels Mother is now in prison and is serving 7 years jail time
-Laurel now lives with willow and she is happier than ever
-Joey has become awesome friends with laurel and willow and they hang out everyday
-Mrs Leanne sadly retired but Laurel always remembers how she helped out