Suggestion(s) I hope the server implements

T

Trump15024

In this post I will lay out a plan that will 1) Fix the economy and 2) Increase the player base

Economy

Region New Plots and un-Region others
My suggestion is that staff should region nice buildings near /warp city and nice large plots including builds that are un-regioned and not used for anything. In return for every plot that is regioned a bad or "ugly plot" should be un-regioned that is the same size or multiple ugly plots combined. This will allow buildings such as new regions to be sold, prices will go down because the more of the supply the lower of the demand effectively lowering prices, players will be able to spend their money they have been holding causing inflation, and ugly plots will get un-regioned. This will lower plot prices, lower inflation, and advance the private sector. This is captalism in action. Let the private market strive.

Let Islands expand
If staff allow islands to be expanded players would have to agree to stipulations and of course pay a reasonable amount. How will this help the economy you may ask? By adding more land for island owners to create nicer plots they can sell to players, creating more plots, lowering demand, and lowering prices without regioniong new islands. This will also allow island owners to create plots that the island can use such as for companies and advancing the slime fun market etc. For example Bunny island was expanded and we can all agree Sundae is doing some pretty cool stuff in those areas.

Raise rank requirements until economy is fixed
Right now to become a millionaire you need only over $1,000,000. Some in the current economy have over 500 million so ranks requirements need to be updated. New players need at least $5,000 starting pay to get started, buy tools, a nice apartment, and be able to buy food to start out their journey. Millionaire rank should be raised to like 2-4 million and the rest of the ranks should be raised. This will be only temporary until 1 and 2 can be completed.

Staff suggestions

Staff roles
My suggestion to staff is to hire more active staff and divide roles. I am suggesting to @nibble that each staff should all have the same moderation jobs but each staff has a unique role. For example 2 staff just focus on bug reports and staff are given more ways to look at logs etc like Kiri for faster assistance, 1 staff member for court case (or two), 2 staff for transfers, the rest focused on basic staff duties. This will allow faster service for player issues.

wisemanjp

Verified
wisemanjp
wisemanjp
Jan 13, 2018
the ink inside a ballpoint pen
YES! I love you as a friend, trump :)
1. I really do think this needs to happen, as there are some plots that have buildings on them, but aren't owned by anyone, and kind of give an otherwise nice neighborhood a weird oddball.
2. YES, Rich people need to have something to spend money onnnnnn, this is perfect. Sure, it'll be a hefty fee, but they got it ;>
yes

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
The staff suggestion is very good - I agree. The two things I want to bring up are:

1) New staff
- I think this is necessary no matter what, at least 1-2 people to be staff, because theres literally no staff on most times of the day. Having a solid root to the server is necessary for its survival. The only issue is that hiring too many staff could destroy the server if 1 out of every 2 players is staff, you would have the high prestige of staff lowered, and they wouldn't be valued/managed easily.

2) Not enough players who could be staff
- I don't want to be rude to anyone, but I feel that staff is not something everyone is made for, just like police, teacher, and arch. I certainly was not the best police, and a horrible arch when I was one xD and I didn't really try teacher too much. Anyways, staff is a very draining role at times, and it really isn't easy for everyone to manage that level of permissions, hate, whatever comes with staff.

3) Staff Promotion times
- I know a major reason for staff resigning is motivation (the lack of). I think this may be attributed to many different things, but in particular, promotion times. I have seen huge servers with 300+ players on at a time that manage with 1 month promotion times for helper => mod, 3 months for mod => sr mod, and 4 months from sr mod => admin. At any of these stages, after the set time, you either get promoted or demoted, not wait another month for judgement.

4) Staff permissions
- One problem we all have heard of is abuse. This is the major problem to my above suggestion - having too many staff not being monitored can lead to abuse should they have too many permissions, or it can also be the other way that staff are players helping in chat because they have no permissions. I want to suggest /invis for mod: this is literally /v but without ur name off the tab. This can help a lot with the off chance of there being an xrayer, hacker, or something. Sure, theres not a lot of hackers, but it is SO helpful to be able to have that rather than drinking 8 minute invisible potions xD

I hope y'all agree with me - I really didn't mean to target or shoot down anyones suggestions here, but build upon them!

SirKosmo

SirKosmo
SirKosmo
Dec 22, 2017
Texas
Sure, theres not a lot of hackers, but it is SO helpful to be able to have that rather than drinking 8 minute invisible potions xD
Great suggestions.. but why do you gotta put me out of business xD i love selling my invis to everyone

Reactions: Powerfull

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
Love all these ideas!!!

We definitely need more staff because the only one who I ever see online now is @sundae22. (Arius u did amazing too)
And with all the transfers, bugs and glitches, and just moderating in general that is way to much for just sundae to cover.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I think a combination of both works best, So with more staff and distributing their permissions over different staff members. This way Mods who focus on Courtcases and finding active hackers get the perms needed,
But other Mods that are more active with events should have the ability to set them up with the asistence of a SrMod and Run them by themselfs.

Having Mods be more independent but only on a small aspect of staffwork. :D

Trumpo I think Islands could be expanded but they should use a basic formula: (Expansion Price= Added Value due to expansion X 2)
Why? To prevent people from upping the worth of the islands themselfs...

Reactions: Powerfull

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Great suggestions.. but why do you gotta put me out of business xD i love selling my invis to everyone
I mean for staff- as staff it’s very hard to watch people for xray and ka if they’re taking a while

Reactions: SirKosmo