• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Betty1215

Minister Of Architecture
Sep 14, 2014
For a while, the server has had WorldEdit problems that have caused mass destruction. Some of these may have been on purpose, but I have sure some were accidental. It has come to the point where all staff might lose WorldEdit, but I am not here to discuss that. I want to provide information and a solution to the WorldEdit problem.

Here is a scenario, and such cases have happened: A player makes a selection but does not clear it. He then goes to another place in the world to make another selection, but accidently only selects one position. He types his .//set (…) command, only to end up with a big mess. Wouldn’t it be nice if he saw his selection before he typed anything? To prevent the destruction from happening?

WECui is a mod that outlines a WorldEdit selection. This outline is only visible to the player who made the selection, no one else can see it. Very simple, but extremely helpful. I was informed of this by a friend of mine, who is an owner of a great server. Sure there are ways to fix WorldEdit mistakes, but isn’t it better to prevent a destruction rather than try and fix it?

My suggestion is to allow the use of WECui on the server or maybe even suggest that staff members use it. You might think you are too good at WorldEdit for this mod, but anyone can make mistakes. Just think of it like a safety net ;)

For more information: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1292886-worldeditcui

Thank you for reading!
-Betty1215

G

Ghibli_

For a while, the server has had WorldEdit problems that have caused mass destruction. Some of these may have been on purpose, but I have sure some were accidental. It has come to the point where all staff might lose WorldEdit, but I am not here to discuss that. I want to provide information and a solution to the WorldEdit problem.

Here is a scenario, and such cases have happened: A player makes a selection but does not clear it. He then goes to another place in the world to make another selection, but accidently only selects one position. He types his .//set (…) command, only to end up with a big mess. Wouldn’t it be nice if he saw his selection before he typed anything? To prevent the destruction from happening?

WECui is a mod that outlines a WorldEdit selection. This outline is only visible to the player who made the selection, no one else can see it. Very simple, but extremely helpful. I was informed of this by a friend of mine, who is an owner of a great server. Sure there are ways to fix WorldEdit mistakes, but isn’t it better to prevent a destruction rather than try and fix it?

My suggestion is to allow the use of WECui on the server or maybe even suggest that staff members use it. You might think you are too good at WorldEdit for this mod, but anyone can make mistakes. Just think of it like a safety net ;)

For more information: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1292886-worldeditcui

Thank you for reading!
-Betty1215
Great idea (as always :D)

Reactions: Betty1215
Z

Zain

Well a mod isnt really requird there are plugins like this , ill see what i can do

Reactions: Ghibli_

Gunqqer-

Jun 24, 2015
Well a mod isnt really requird there are plugins like this , ill see what i can do
The mod may be only usable if the server has it and the player has it, but both a plugin and mod would be good. The plugin for those who don't have forge, and the mod to make it easier for those who do.

Betty1215

Minister Of Architecture
Sep 14, 2014
@Gunqqer- I want to clear up some confusions you might have.
1. As stated in the link, WECui requires Liteloader, not forge. You can make it work through forge, but it is just an extra hassle. It is also extremely easy and fast to setup in Liteloader; I can provide step-by-step instructions if needed.
2. "The mod may be only usable if the server has it and the player has it" This is not true. This mod requires nothing extra from the server. I have been using it for over a year on several servers and never had a problem. If you want evidence, I can go on the server with it and take a screenshot of it working.
3. The problem with having both the mod and plugin is that they would overlap. You can turn off the mod but if you can't turn off the plugin on your side, it will be very annoying. Of course, this is personal preference.

Gunqqer-

Jun 24, 2015
@Gunqqer- I want to clear up some confusions you might have.
1. As stated in the link, WECui requires Liteloader, not forge. You can make it work through forge, but it is just an extra hassle. It is also extremely easy and fast to setup in Liteloader; I can provide step-by-step instructions if needed.
2. "The mod may be only usable if the server has it and the player has it" This is not true. This mod requires nothing extra from the server. I have been using it for over a year on several servers and never had a problem. If you want evidence, I can go on the server with it and take a screenshot of it working.
3. The problem with having both the mod and plugin is that they would overlap. You can turn off the mod but if you can't turn off the plugin on your side, it will be very annoying. Of course, this is personal preference.
1. Ew liteloader.
2. Wonder how that works client side.
3. So there is not a plugin with a single command that toggles it for you're self?

Betty1215

Minister Of Architecture
Sep 14, 2014
3. So there is not a plugin with a single command that toggles it for you're self?
I don't know because I have not looked into plugins that do this. I was saying that if you want to use the mod but can't toggle the plugin off, it might get annoying because they would overlap. But this is an "if".