Not open for further replies.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
Basically copyright on the server to new and creative ideas to prevent people with money to just copy the idea exactly. There's no point in trying to think of something new and creative if people will just steal it right after. I for one am done trying to think of new ideas that can benefit myself and most importantly the server. I enjoy playing on this server so I always try to think of better ways to make it even more fun.

For example:
The island teleportation suggestion thread. (Which was approved but abandoned later)
Copyright on new and creative ideas/businesses to be rewarding to the thinker and to prevent copycats from just stealing the ideas, and at the same time to increase the lifetime of that specific business/idea.

This is kind of a side suggestion:
I noticed that staff deal with court cases in numbers, I think it would be beneficial if one staff member only handled a specific case to prevent different point of views from the judge/judges.

That's about all I can think of at the moment, thank you for reading my suggestion. :)

BootsieBear

Dec 30, 2017
The copyright idea is nice- but maybe a fee for an idea? A NPC can be introduced so players can look through lists of copyrighted ideas (Each idea must have a name that helps sum it up, and when the name is clicked on a longer description is given). Staff members can approve copyrights, or maybe a new smaller section of staff can be made to do this- just because the computer cannot probably tell if an idea is reused, with different wording.

To prevent everyone copyrighting every little thing, there can be a fee and a limit. An item (i.e. a Bootsie Milkshake), can cost 5k. A business idea (i.e. a real estate company that sells houses made out of ice), can cost 15/20k. Just copyrighting the name (i.e. the Basement Bar), can cost 5k. And, more categories can be added later.

If a player abandons an idea, they can be partially refunded (let's say 50%) to get their copyright removed. This can help get rid of built up copyrights that don't even really exist anymore, as money will help inspire players to actually get it removed when they stop using it. And, also, to prevent everything being copyrighted, maybe players have to pay monthly to keep it on the list.

There can also be guidelines created. Things like banks cannot be copyrighted, as banks literally exist everywhere, so they cannot be copyrighted. Non original names- i.e. "Subway", "Apple", etc, can potentially not be copyrighted, as they are not original names (as they are based off of real companies). And, not creative and generic names can not be approved (i.e. "Armor Store," "Weapon Store," "Cheap Alcohol Bar", etc), as many players name their bars things like this to just get attention.

Going back to what I said before, I think that one or two staff members should specialize in this. Maybe near /warp shop the Building of Ideas can be created, where there can potentially be signs covering the walls with the copyrights (until we run out of room). There can be a NPC with a list of names of the copyrights, if clicked on providing a description of the copyright, and there can potentially be a list on the forums too. These staff members are in charge of reading applications for a copyright, approving/denying them, and adding them to the list of approved, if approved. Players would have to apply to get a copyright, with a format maybe like this:

1. In game names of the owners/management of this copyright (i.e. who owns the company). The name of the person paying/in charge goes first.
2. What category does this fall under? (custom item, business, or name)
3. What do you wish to copyright? Please provide a short description.
4. How long have you been working on this?
5. Why do you think copyrighting this is necessary?

Also, about the staff thing, it would be nice if different sections of judges were introduced, and only judge worked per case. For more complicated cases, maybe two. There can be more judges for more common topics- i.e. stolen items- and less for non common, and a few more experienced ones that deal with rare cases (i.e. PLAYER scammed me out of my polar bear and then killed him in front of me so I killed him and then I got jailed and lost five minutes of my precious time and I want my polar bear and my time back!).

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Hehe... totally not biased...
This is crazy cuz.

1. Bootsie idea is fun, but far too complex. New players wont understand

2. Copyrights is a thing if you copy the exact name and there are too many simularities.

3. If apple now goes to get copyrights for the selling of slimefun items. They will get monopoly. Same for bars etc.

4. Suggestions given to staff don't need copyright ideas. So your example makes no sence. I mean you really want a reward for giving a suggestion or 2?

Honestly this suggestion is too biased and/or too complex.

Just my thoughts.

(Also yeah, staff has different opinions sometimes but they also discuss stuff behind the scenes.)

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
Hehe... totally not biased...
This is crazy cuz.

1. Bootsie idea is fun, but far too complex. New players wont understand

2. Copyrights is a thing if you copy the exact name and there are too many simularities.

3. If apple now goes to get copyrights for the selling of slimefun items. They will get monopoly. Same for bars etc.

4. Suggestions given to staff don't need copyright ideas. So your example makes no sence. I mean you really want a reward for giving a suggestion or 2?

Honestly this suggestion is too biased and/or too complex.

Just my thoughts.

(Also yeah, staff has different opinions sometimes but they also discuss stuff behind the scenes.)
Things, like selling plots, or selling sf items, are features of the server itself, we're talking about new and creative ideas, not the new ones.
Also you have the wrong definition of copyright. Im not here asking for rewards, and no one asked you to post your opinion wheather this idea is biased or not. I mean your reply post itself could be considered biased due to who your business partner is lmao. Of course, I don't expect you to understand where I'm coming from because my real intention is to make the server better/fair.

The copyright idea is nice- but maybe a fee for an idea? A NPC can be introduced so players can look through lists of copyrighted ideas (Each idea must have a name that helps sum it up, and when the name is clicked on a longer description is given). Staff members can approve copyrights, or maybe a new smaller section of staff can be made to do this- just because the computer cannot probably tell if an idea is reused, with different wording.

To prevent everyone copyrighting every little thing, there can be a fee and a limit. An item (i.e. a Bootsie Milkshake), can cost 5k. A business idea (i.e. a real estate company that sells houses made out of ice), can cost 15/20k. Just copyrighting the name (i.e. the Basement Bar), can cost 5k. And, more categories can be added later.

If a player abandons an idea, they can be partially refunded (let's say 50%) to get their copyright removed. This can help get rid of built up copyrights that don't even really exist anymore, as money will help inspire players to actually get it removed when they stop using it. And, also, to prevent everything being copyrighted, maybe players have to pay monthly to keep it on the list.

There can also be guidelines created. Things like banks cannot be copyrighted, as banks literally exist everywhere, so they cannot be copyrighted. Non original names- i.e. "Subway", "Apple", etc, can potentially not be copyrighted, as they are not original names (as they are based off of real companies). And, not creative and generic names can not be approved (i.e. "Armor Store," "Weapon Store," "Cheap Alcohol Bar", etc), as many players name their bars things like this to just get attention.

Going back to what I said before, I think that one or two staff members should specialize in this. Maybe near /warp shop the Building of Ideas can be created, where there can potentially be signs covering the walls with the copyrights (until we run out of room). There can be a NPC with a list of names of the copyrights, if clicked on providing a description of the copyright, and there can potentially be a list on the forums too. These staff members are in charge of reading applications for a copyright, approving/denying them, and adding them to the list of approved, if approved. Players would have to apply to get a copyright, with a format maybe like this:

1. In game names of the owners/management of this copyright (i.e. who owns the company). The name of the person paying/in charge goes first.
2. What category does this fall under? (custom item, business, or name)
3. What do you wish to copyright? Please provide a short description.
4. How long have you been working on this?
5. Why do you think copyrighting this is necessary?

Also, about the staff thing, it would be nice if different sections of judges were introduced, and only judge worked per case. For more complicated cases, maybe two. There can be more judges for more common topics- i.e. stolen items- and less for non common, and a few more experienced ones that deal with rare cases (i.e. PLAYER scammed me out of my polar bear and then killed him in front of me so I killed him and then I got jailed and lost five minutes of my precious time and I want my polar bear and my time back!).
I agree with your presentation for the most part. Thank you.

Last edited:

Neilio_Xtreme

Neilio_Xtreme
Neilio_Xtreme
Oct 10, 2017
Things, like selling plots, or selling sf items, are features of the server itself, we're talking about new and creative ideas, not the new ones.
Also you have the wrong definition of copyright. Im not here asking for rewards, and no one asked you to post your opinion wheather this idea is biased or not. I mean your reply post itself could be considered biased due to who your business partner is lmao. Of course, I don't expect you to understand where I'm coming from because my real intention is to make the server better/fair.

I agree with your presentation for the most part. Thank you.
You don't have to be rude and condescending just because someone doesn't agree with you. Then have the audacity to imply that Jazz doesn't want or doesn't try to make the server better. He's super helpful and nice to a lot of people, especially newer players. So lay off and respect differences of opinion, as opposed to just attacking them.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
You didn't counteract even 1 of my arguments. So I'm good :)

"To be rewarding to the thinker and to prevent copycats"

Ehm... what reward? Infinite fame?

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
You didn't counteract even 1 of my arguments. So I'm good :)

"To be rewarding to the thinker and to prevent copycats"

Ehm... what reward? Infinite fame?
Money smh
You don't have to be rude and condescending just because someone doesn't agree with you. Then have the audacity to imply that Jazz doesn't want or doesn't try to make the server better. He's super helpful and nice to a lot of people, especially newer players. So lay off and respect differences of opinion, as opposed to just attacking them.
1. I wasn't rude I replied to him, in the same manner he replied to me.
2. He can speak for himself unless this is a defend your friend situation in which case I can contact a couple of people.
3. Yes my friend, I do have the audacity to say that, simply because the only time I ever see him posting on a thread is 75% of the time trying to create drama.

Now that I've said that, I would appreciate it if you both would stop posting on here, this thread is for staff members to see and for players that have suggestions to post on. Not to criticize the idea.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Well, I just simply debated your points, and honestly I never have seen someone who was on the winning side of a debate say, please stop talking, but whatever you want.
Kinda unfair tho, you hit me and then say I can't hit you back. Feelsbadman.

And money for suggestions! I like that, I gave like 20 suggestions in the past 2, 3 months so this would mean that I can get quite the $$$
Also, the lack of detail in this suggestion is kinda high.... explain how much, what for, more examples then a suggestion on a sf teleporter. You need money for a suggestion that would profit you?

I wasn't rude, I am sorry it may have seemed that way :(
I can speak for myself, but I appreciate if other people notice if someone is being rude ;) (And yeah! Go get your friends... what for?)
And you say I create drama, seems hypocrite to me :) If you need an example just pm me! :D

I'm sad that you see me as your enemy, as I don't usually make those :(
I just wanted to give my honest thoughts on your suggestion.

I do have a question tho, staff may ask themself but they're lazy :)

How exactly would Copyrights make this server more fair and would you prevent Monopolies, People not knowing of the copyrights and it getting too complicated for new players to start their own companies?

BootsieBear

Dec 30, 2017
Look, everyone has a POV related to subjects, and Lava and Jazz expressed them. While I agree with one more than the other, they both show valid points that different people can agree too. Constructive criticism is good, as it helps ideas become even better, but where constructive is just left behind and becomes plain old rude is the problem. Choose kindness. :p

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I think what’s happening is completely normal, well in fact company names are just brands you put on things, it’s not like it gives an advantage. I don’t even have a company but I make good money out of selling goods which I can easily supply.

I think that anyone should be allowed to comment on this, in fact it’s called an open forums for a reason. If you wanted the idea to get comments from staff, you could have suggested it straight to nibble, but the fact it’s on an open thread gives a wider view from different players. What makes a company good is their secrets, not the product their selling. But out server can only go so far to having secrets on how to do thing since all the items have set methods to make them. I think the Copyright rule would apply the most in machineries you make which is semi complex. For example player a makes a super fast sandwich maker, and and he claimed he’s the first to make it and it seems like no one else has ever done it enforce cause he’s the only one who has a machine like that style, he can claim he created it.

Ok well back to the topic, I don’t see the point of copyright, for example even if I was part of McCities Loaning Group, in a previous court case it was mentioned, several groups who resell properties are copying the idea of a real estate company. I think selling in general is allowed, everyone does it irl, whether if it’s for profit or if they’re moving homes, they have all the right to sell the home they own. Real estate groups is just a group of people working together to make things faster or more efficient, but selling properties or even a lot dosent give you any right to saying someone has copied your idea. I’ve seen a lot more solo players who sell more than the fancy real estate groups tho and for cheaper prices. And in some points these players who sell the houses for cheaper prices is one of the places real estate groups get the cheaper plots from and they develop it and sell for profit.

Other things such as slimefun or food stores, or anything, I think that any player should be allowed to make anything they want, it’s not about originality. If the world were to be like that
Starbucks would be selling all the coffee?
McDonald’s and Burger King would have to fight off on who’s gonna sell all the burgers
Taco Bell is gonna sell all the tacos

In other words if all these companies eventually claim something, they can easily cause a monopoly and stop growth within the economy. I may not be one of the first players to sell copper dust but a lot of players have been buying from me, it’s not like I own it or anything it’s just I can supply the players. We can’t hog everything to ourself, we need to allow competition to happen to allow ourselves to further develop to prove to others that why they should choose us.

And the island warp idea, I don’t think it wasn’t discontinued, but I think it was more of a conflict if they needed to make it or not, there is like what how many islands still public. Like 5-6? Runnerboro, Bunny. undeadland, central city, star city, and bob but bob is going to be unregioning most of the plots on it. And not even half of them agree.

Oliver Queen dosent really bother about this island warp thing
Undeadland is slowly unregioning all of its plots
Bob as well is unregioning all of its plots
Runnerboro, the president told me they declined at first
Bunny I don’t even know if they want an island warp
Centeral City, is owned by nibble and no one is really managing it atm.

So what that leaves us with 2 potential islands that might get a warp, and as Leanne said rb isn’t terraformed properly yet, so what only bunny can get a warp, and we’re not even sure if they want one.

It dosent seem like I see any other developed island that wants one.

T

Trump15024

The point of the copyrighting idea is not to say that you own a service ex: selling copper dust but to copyright an idea on how you distributed the service. For example, Mc Loan Group came up with packages based on different objects which were a neat idea on how they could distribute their service of loaning and another company followed that and made it their own. Referencing the court case Lava made for example he sued due to the fact that someone copied their companies way of categorizing and distributing their service of loaning not request that they own the actual service of loaning. Just like for another example Apple my company sells slime fun stuff anyone can sell slime fun stuff but if Apple comes up with a unique way on how we distribute the service of slime fun it would not be fair for another company to use the exact same method because eventually if all the companies start copying their unique ideas it will 1. Limit competition 2. Startup company wars like it did last Summer and 3. Just cause a mess in general.

Reactions: BootsieBear

BootsieBear

Dec 30, 2017
The point of the copyrighting idea is not to say that you own a service ex: selling copper dust but to copyright an idea on how you distributed the service. For example, Mc Loan Group came up with packages based on different objects which were a neat idea on how they could distribute their service of loaning and another company followed that and made it their own. Referencing the court case Lava made for example he sued due to the fact that someone copied their companies way of categorizing and distributing their service of loaning not request that they own the actual service of loaning. Just like for another example Apple my company sells slime fun stuff anyone can sell slime fun stuff but if Apple comes up with a unique way on how we distribute the service of slime fun it would not be fair for another company to use the exact same method because eventually if all the companies start copying their unique ideas it will 1. Limit competition 2. Startup company wars like it did last Summer and 3. Just cause a mess in general.
I personally think that specific things should be the main copyright. I.e., I can't copyright selling lumber axes at my shop but I can copyright the unique system and packages that my company uses.

Reactions: Trump15024

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Honestly, you can make a courtcase if you think someone os clearly copying you. But to make special copyrightsclaims is useless. Don't copy the name etc if you do copy court case can be made and staff cam go over each case making it fair for anyone.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
Well, I just simply debated your points, and honestly I never have seen someone who was on the winning side of a debate say, please stop talking, but whatever you want.
Kinda unfair tho, you hit me and then say I can't hit you back. Feelsbadman.

And money for suggestions! I like that, I gave like 20 suggestions in the past 2, 3 months so this would mean that I can get quite the $$$
Also, the lack of detail in this suggestion is kinda high.... explain how much, what for, more examples then a suggestion on a sf teleporter. You need money for a suggestion that would profit you?

I wasn't rude, I am sorry it may have seemed that way :(
I can speak for myself, but I appreciate if other people notice if someone is being rude ;) (And yeah! Go get your friends... what for?)
And you say I create drama, seems hypocrite to me :) If you need an example just pm me! :D

I'm sad that you see me as your enemy, as I don't usually make those :(
I just wanted to give my honest thoughts on your suggestion.

I do have a question tho, staff may ask themself but they're lazy :)

How exactly would Copyrights make this server more fair and would you prevent Monopolies, People not knowing of the copyrights and it getting too complicated for new players to start their own companies?
You see this what I mean, I'm not here to argue with you. In fact, I never asked for your opinion, but that's what you do I guess.

The difference between my suggestions and yours is that mine make sense, not just like "let's add a unicorn to people see the colors". Just because you make a lot of suggestions doesn't necessarily mean that they are useful (quality over quantity). The sf teleporter idea is detailed and once again it was already approved so there is no discussion in that area. I'm not trying to profit off suggestions I'm trying to make suggestions to fix the problems in the methods of making a profit if you understand what I mean.

I don't see you as an enemy, I respect peoples POV's but only when they're asked for. I'm not the type that makes enemies with those who argue with me.

Staff aren't lazy, that's what I thought about them until I become friends with a couple of them and they explained to me all the duties and responsibilities they in order to make this server that you and I enjoy playing on enjoyable. An opinion like this should be kept to yourself simply because this could be considered staff disrespect but thankfully staff understand why you would think that. Mainly because you don't know what they do and how much time they spend to keep this server running.

Copyright isn't meant for everyone, it's not meant for new players. New players shouldn't open a company due to lack of experience (they already are). Copyright is to prevent people that copy ideas from doing so AND prevents players from just mass producing an idea just because its new.

I think what’s happening is completely normal, well in fact company names are just brands you put on things, it’s not like it gives an advantage. I don’t even have a company but I make good money out of selling goods which I can easily supply.

I think that anyone should be allowed to comment on this, in fact it’s called an open forums for a reason. If you wanted the idea to get comments from staff, you could have suggested it straight to nibble, but the fact it’s on an open thread gives a wider view from different players. What makes a company good is their secrets, not the product their selling. But out server can only go so far to having secrets on how to do thing since all the items have set methods to make them. I think the Copyright rule would apply the most in machineries you make which is semi complex. For example player a makes a super fast sandwich maker, and and he claimed he’s the first to make it and it seems like no one else has ever done it enforce cause he’s the only one who has a machine like that style, he can claim he created it.

Ok well back to the topic, I don’t see the point of copyright, for example even if I was part of McCities Loaning Group, in a previous court case it was mentioned, several groups who resell properties are copying the idea of a real estate company. I think selling in general is allowed, everyone does it irl, whether if it’s for profit or if they’re moving homes, they have all the right to sell the home they own. Real estate groups is just a group of people working together to make things faster or more efficient, but selling properties or even a lot dosent give you any right to saying someone has copied your idea. I’ve seen a lot more solo players who sell more than the fancy real estate groups tho and for cheaper prices. And in some points these players who sell the houses for cheaper prices is one of the places real estate groups get the cheaper plots from and they develop it and sell for profit.

Other things such as slimefun or food stores, or anything, I think that any player should be allowed to make anything they want, it’s not about originality. If the world were to be like that
Starbucks would be selling all the coffee?
McDonald’s and Burger King would have to fight off on who’s gonna sell all the burgers
Taco Bell is gonna sell all the tacos

In other words if all these companies eventually claim something, they can easily cause a monopoly and stop growth within the economy. I may not be one of the first players to sell copper dust but a lot of players have been buying from me, it’s not like I own it or anything it’s just I can supply the players. We can’t hog everything to ourself, we need to allow competition to happen to allow ourselves to further develop to prove to others that why they should choose us.

And the island warp idea, I don’t think it wasn’t discontinued, but I think it was more of a conflict if they needed to make it or not, there is like what how many islands still public. Like 5-6? Runnerboro, Bunny. undeadland, central city, star city, and bob but bob is going to be unregioning most of the plots on it. And not even half of them agree.

Oliver Queen dosent really bother about this island warp thing
Undeadland is slowly unregioning all of its plots
Bob as well is unregioning all of its plots
Runnerboro, the president told me they declined at first
Bunny I don’t even know if they want an island warp
Centeral City, is owned by nibble and no one is really managing it atm.

So what that leaves us with 2 potential islands that might get a warp, and as Leanne said rb isn’t terraformed properly yet, so what only bunny can get a warp, and we’re not even sure if they want one.

It dosent seem like I see any other developed island that wants one.
There is something I noticed that most of you don't understand. The copyright idea should only be implemented on NEW and CREATIVE ideas, not on the normal and everyday trading methods. NOT on selling plots, NOT on selling sf items. New ideas, that are different

. As for the island teleportation, I can get multiple islands owners to agree to the teleportation idea. You also forgot to mention gamerboy, its a private-public island. Private as in no public plots will be regioned and sold, public as in there will be multiple things on the island for player entertainment, rb actually agreed at first, you yourself agreed at first, bunny agreed. It may have a small number of islands at first but it will slowly increase over time.

Agreed

I personally think that specific things should be the main copyright. I.e., I can't copyright selling lumber axes at my shop but I can copyright the unique system and packages that my company uses.
Agreed

Honestly, you can make a courtcase if you think someone os clearly copying you. But to make special copyrightsclaims is useless. Don't copy the name etc if you do copy court case can be made and staff cam go over each case making it fair for anyone.
You see this is what you lack to understand. Its not about the name, its about the idea itself.

Reactions: Trump15024

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
You can't copyright ideas, but I think adding the ability to copyright company names, product names, etc. should be added to the server.
In irl yes, I just named this idea copyright but if you read the previous posts you will understand what is suggested. I used the word copyright as a front. What is meant is claim. :)

Reactions: BootsieBear
Status
Not open for further replies.