Update Via Version to the Latest

ramdon

ramdon_person
ramdon_person
Aug 9, 2017
California
Im not sure if anyone knows, but mccities is using an outdated version of via version. Viaversion allows people from 1.13 / 1.14 cilents to connect to a 1.12 server. But if anyone has tried using a newer client they keep getting "kicked for spamming". So I'm simply asking for someone to update it.

Link to plugin:
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/viaversion.19254/

Thanks
Ram

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
I mean yeah, but why not use some of the blocks and textures of 1.14?
We cant use the stuff from 1.14.4 because that would mean we have to update the whole server version to 1.14.4 meaning all of the plugins need to be compatible. But since there are so many plugins involved in running the server they most likely would not all be compatible for 1.14.4 meaning we can update it. What via version does is allow versions higher than the servers running version to join and they are able to ply but they won't have all the features that they should. And it can get a bit buggy sometimes because you're playing on a different version but it still works.

ramdon

ramdon_person
ramdon_person
Aug 9, 2017
California
We cant use the stuff from 1.14.4 because that would mean we have to update the whole server version to 1.14.4 meaning all of the plugins need to be compatible. But since there are so many plugins involved in running the server they most likely would not all be compatible for 1.14.4 meaning we can update it. What via version does is allow versions higher than the servers running version to join and they are able to ply but they won't have all the features that they should. And it can get a bit buggy sometimes because you're playing on a different version but it still works.
The server already has viaversion installed, it's as simple as updating it.

It's also funny how because staff isn't updating the cscorelibs plugin (the slimefun libary) they get the broken slimefun heads issue.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
The server already has viaversion installed, it's as simple as updating it.

It's also funny how because staff isn't updating the cscorelibs plugin (the slimefun libary) they get the broken slimefun heads issue.
Or rather that you simply cannot update cscorelib and expect everything to work properly when Slimefun can't be updated with it. :coffee:

Questar

Staff member
Verified
Poolisk
Poolisk
Aug 12, 2018
United States
Or rather that you simply cannot update cscorelib and expect everything to work properly when Slimefun can't be updated with it. :coffee:
Slimefun also isn't being continued, i don't think there has been an update to it since 2016 ( if im wrong correct me )

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
Slimefun also isn't being continued, i don't think there has been an update to it since 2016 ( if im wrong correct me )
Slimefun is actually being updated, it's just that it's not backward compatible if I remember correctly, meaning the server can't update it before updating to 1.14.4 first. Updating cscorelib by itself wouldn't make sense and is very likely to break some stuff in slimefun if it works at all.

Questar

Staff member
Verified
Poolisk
Poolisk
Aug 12, 2018
United States
Slimefun is actually being updated, it's just that it's not backward compatible if I remember correctly, meaning the server can't update it before updating to 1.14.4 first. Updating cscorelib by itself wouldn't make sense and is very likely to break some stuff in slimefun if it works at all.
Thanks for the correction and for the proper info

ramdon

ramdon_person
ramdon_person
Aug 9, 2017
California
The updated cs core lib works on 1.12, 1.13 and 1.14 but slimefun 4 (the newest version) only works on 1.13 and 1.14

Note: I was able to update slimefun from 1.12 to 1.14 without loosing data