/Warp Farm Improvements

Spirit

Architect
Verified
Maerl
Maerl
Feb 25, 2017
/Warp Farm has been around for a while and has been around the entirety of my McCities career. It has received multiple changes throughout the years, while still maintaining the nostalgia of the place. These changes ranged from automatic replanting to the addition of vehicles for beautification. I believe /Warp Farm needs a few more improvements to maintain its standing as a well-kept and important place for everyone on the server. I have noticed that the crops nearest the npc by the entrance grow the fastest, while the crops at the rear grow at a significantly slower pace. I have spent a lot of time farming, but I think this issue has been noticed by anyone who has been there. I have two possible theories about this. One is that players spend a lot of time going back from farming to the sell signs and my other theory is that the npc by entrance counts as a presence in the area, so crops grow within a certain range of it. The server prevents crops from growing out of one's chunk range, so I see both theories as giving good reason for the changes I will now suggest. I propose adding a sale point (maybe a trailer bed with the signs on it) near logs by the private farm entrance and placing a npc by it. I also suggest putting a npc along or near the steps to the windmill. Both of these together should speed up plant growth in the rear of the farm to growth speeds similar to the plants in the front. Thank you for your consideration and time.

nate

Architect
Verified
Yhia
Yhia
Jul 15, 2019
United States
I suggest to move ./warp farm to it's own area in Cayman instead and delete NewCity (where it's currently located).

Lateley

Jan 11, 2019
Mars
warp mine is under the entrance area of warp farm, so the chunks will undoubtly load quickerr while the ones at the back remains still (because many players choose mining as their profession). The npc has nothing to do with chunk loading.

Bray

IBray
IBray
May 26, 2019
Iceland
agreeing with you here nate, cities needs to be centralized and in cayman, new city is a ghost town with nothing in it. Farm as it is needs updating just like everything else on this server.

nate

Architect
Verified
Yhia
Yhia
Jul 15, 2019
United States
It's doing nothing but confusing newer players, there is no direct way to get to NewCity and generally there is nothing in it as well.