Stalking Heather: An Epic Journey

Were these pictures sufficient?

• Total voters
H

Heather

So, at the very least 18 of you lovely players decided that you wanted to stalk your awesome admin Heather and her vacation away from this crazy thing I could call my volunteer job. (You other 5 who say you don't care but will look anyway, I know you care ;D ) So here we go, a few pictures from my week along with a description of some things I did. (Full album here I'll add specific pictures here I talk about as well)

For the past week I was adrift in the sea, aboard a massive floating city called Allure of the Seas. When I mean massive, I mean massive. This thing had a hallowed out center for a huge park and a boardwalk with a full carousel and a promenade that looked like a busy street of a city with store fronts and restaurants. But the journey doesn't magically start on board, it starts at 4am in Pennsylvania. So in 12 hours, we have to travel down the east coast, across a city, and through many many lines of security and registration. Some pictures from that morning....

I love planes and flying, so being in a window seat was god tier that morning. Three hours of sleep was worth it to see the sun rise, the excitement of going through security, then taking off and seeing the clouds float below us. Totally would have been a pilot if I didn't have a scar in one eye...

I'll save you guys the boredom of lines and stuff and instead jump to our first stop, Nassau Bahamas. We had a special tour that took us to go see dolphins (Ours was named Mickey, and he even gave me and Tyler a kiss!) Besides the beautiful location, this island now holds my earring as well. It's become a meme of sorts that i'll loose an earring everywhere I go since I lost my last one in Copenhagen and we bought these I lost to replace that... Didn't notice until I was back to the ship...

The island was beautiful. We went snorkeling in our free time and I brought along a special case for my phone to take under water pictures. On the ferry back to the boat I got pretty badly sunburned cause Tyler fell asleep on me and I didn't want to wake him to put on more sunscreen or move to the shade... So for the rest of the week I was a bright cherry tomato.

We had a day at sea after this, but i'll include pictures of the boat at the end with the other sea days. After this we went to St. Tomas. A beautiful island and quite a lovely place to disembark to the sound of steel drums and a little market right outside the pier. We went scuba diving here. There was quite a long time to snorkel while everyone else was under water, and I took an awesome video that I will try and upload somewhere to add to this. I did however end up either getting stung or scraping my arm up while 40 feet below the surface of the water. It bubbled up over the next few days and got really itchy, and continues to itch a lot even as I type this... Note to self, pay less attention to eel, more attention to where my appendages are when scuba diving...

Our last stop was supposed to be St. Kitts, however a massive storm hit that night and carried into the morning. The island was having a lot of mudslides and flooding, they canceled school and closed all the shops. So, I have a picture of the island as we docked then waved goodbye an hour later without ever disembarking.

This was my second cruise ever, and while I enjoy days at sea to relax and unwind, I did not enjoy having 3 in a row when our last port was canceled. This ship was huge, but there were a lot of people and I enjoy being in port more than the ship. Someone in my other post mentioned windjammers, which is the buffet of the ship, a nice place to eat if you don't mind trying lots of things or buffets.

Other cool things about cruise ships are the gifts your state room attendant leaves for you before bed. We got some cute origami as well as the traditional towel animals. I never got over how cool it was to be up on the top decks and look down at the large spaces in the ship or over the edge. My absolute favorite was the hot tubs that hang over the side of the ship, so you can lean back and see all around and the water while enjoying your human soup.

And finally, disembarkation day came along and we had to leave the place we had called home for the week. I spent 13 hours getting home and planned the entire way which pictures I might want to show you. The best was probably the fact that our flight took off right as the Allure of the Seas left port with a whole new batch of eager vacationers on board.

w

I hope you guys enjoy the pictures! I tried to put a little taste of everything in there, for all you crazies that like to stalk me. ;) I'll be catching up on a lot of things this week and getting back into the swing of things. As always though, I'm always here for all of you. I wish you the best and a great summer break to everyone!

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Wow those pics are amazing! It looks so cool! I hope you had a great vacation Heather!!!

Reactions: Fiirena
D

Deleted member 832

Having been on the newest ship in the fleet, Harmony, been on Anthem 2 times and Oasis 3 times. I can now say that RCL cruises are excellent. Sure, they're pricey, but if you have the money its well worth it

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
Whoops, Tyler is my boyfriend. A lot of people have heard about him over the past year cause I talk about him a lot xD Him and I have been together for almost 3 years now.
Oh I just realized that other people didn't know that xD

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
Actually, I considered a face reveal....

I don't seem it in game, but I'm actually pretty shy. I could consider posting a picture though since i've been admin for almost a year and stuff ^_^
Wait, I thought you just had a cat face!!!!
jk

Reactions: Laurel