Stuff for the Rich

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Ok i totally see everyones ideas and have read all the comments. What Tiger said was right as regioning more islands would not be a good idea. To be honest with you all private islands are worth more than islands with regions on it. Even if staff regioned more most islands that are already private or any current one will be degraded due to there being more. Due to Supply and Demand, Higher price meaning less demand and lower price meaning higher demand. But the problem is we have a low supply increasing the value of ones island. Also sundae22's understanding is wrong as even if you cant region anything on the island, you can still make money out of it for example, i buy island 1 for 2mil. Next day some people looking for islands buy it for 4mil. There is no way to stop it, unless you plan to make an unlimited supply that will keep going on and would also ruin the economy. @EnderPoop no eisland wont be worth 45mil due to half the island being regioned and there are skyscraper ugly plots. In a 5x5. Tiger is saying since Turkey and Him are making a Perfect City. Where everything is in the right place and everything is there, and yes hes island may be worth 70mil by then as Captain being nearly or the same size as Bob island and is probably the second biggest alive. They could put a number of castles and mansions and houses, and all the amenities and departments. It would be the perfect creation that no poor player or unresponsible one can destroy. Also the prices are horrible. Every noob to these day has like 1mil, really annoying. Id say for a small island it should be like 3-4mil but due to inflation value 4-5mil. Id really wouldnt want this to happen as there is no excuse to this as there are a lot of unused space in Blumount,GoldeOaks, and if staff ever wanted to use JBroad as its a destroyed city, it would really be helpful to make it nice by making more plots on there with builds to make it more presentable than a wrecked island. Same as Peds island and also Austrum, they can still be put to good use.

Reactions: Marshmallowsmalk

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Ok i totally see everyones ideas and have read all the comments. What Tiger said was right as regioning more islands would not be a good idea. To be honest with you all private islands are worth more than islands with regions on it. Even if staff regioned more most islands that are already private or any current one will be degraded due to there being more. Due to Supply and Demand, Higher price meaning less demand and lower price meaning higher demand. But the problem is we have a low supply increasing the value of ones island. Also sundae22's understanding is wrong as even if you cant region anything on the island, you can still make money out of it for example, i buy island 1 for 2mil. Next day some people looking for islands buy it for 4mil. There is no way to stop it, unless you plan to make an unlimited supply that will keep going on and would also ruin the economy. @EnderPoop no eisland wont be worth 45mil due to half the island being regioned and there are skyscraper ugly plots. In a 5x5. Tiger is saying since Turkey and Him are making a Perfect City. Where everything is in the right place and everything is there, and yes hes island may be worth 70mil by then as Captain being nearly or the same size as Bob island and is probably the second biggest alive. They could put a number of castles and mansions and houses, and all the amenities and departments. It would be the perfect creation that no poor player or unresponsible one can destroy. Also the prices are horrible. Every noob to these day has like 1mil, really annoying. Id say for a small island it should be like 3-4mil but due to inflation value 4-5mil. Id really wouldnt want this to happen as there is no excuse to this as there are a lot of unused space in Blumount,GoldeOaks, and if staff ever wanted to use JBroad as its a destroyed city, it would really be helpful to make it nice by making more plots on there with builds to make it more presentable than a wrecked island. Same as Peds island and also Austrum, they can still be put to good use.
summed it up pretty well !

Maybe it would be beneficial if an OLDER island like austrum was resold (It might need to be cut down a bit in size tho) ?

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
As a small and nearly private island owner I see this as a terrible way to get more land. Death pretty much summed it up, but basically this makes all that island owners have worked for seem worthless if more were added. Since you are currently looking for another island, this is how and why I see this. Many people have done this before where they suggest something that troubles them. In this case you may be troubled by not getting an island. However, it will solve nothing for the rest of us island owners if this were to be implemented.

Reactions: Turkey

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Swat City is Peds island right. Its beside undeadland, Jbroad needs to be fixed. Id honestly be happy to manage one of those damn islands, I can imagine sending 50 mails to fix their plots. XD the only island owners managing islands with a lot of properties that are active is i think me, sundae22 and eatsmith but eatsmith hired a mayor and manager. But tbh I find bunny and undeadland nice. Runnerboro is a bit over populated. They regioned 5x5 plots..... Every alley and corner...... I feel like sundae22 is responsible but this isnt a way to solve the problem my making more islands

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
As a small and nearly private island owner I see this as a terrible way to get more land. Death pretty much summed it up, but basically this makes all that island owners have worked for seem worthless if more were added. Since you are currently looking for another island, this is how and why I see this. Many people have done this before where they suggest something that troubles them. In this case you may be troubled by not getting an island. However, it will solve nothing for the rest of us island owners if this were to be implemented.
There is absolutely no difference between regioning a plot on an island, which I've done a dozen times, and regioning a plot in the middle of the ocean. I think everyone is caught on the word "island" because everyone associates it with expensive, rare, and hard-to-get areas. However, sundae just wants a plot in the ocean that she can put beaches and mountains on. She could put geographical features on her own island, but then everyone would be like, "Oh sundae! Why aren't you making more plots? Your island is so bad and undeveloped!" and stuff like that. If everyone wants no more land to be regioned, as you're suggesting, then I guess island owners don't have to region any more houses. More for them, I guess

Reactions: LavaFlake

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
There is absolutely no difference between regioning a plot on an island, which I've done a dozen times, and regioning a plot in the middle of the ocean. I think everyone is caught on the word "island" because everyone associates it with expensive, rare, and hard-to-get areas. However, sundae just wants a plot in the ocean that she can put beaches and mountains on. She could put geographical features on her own island, but then everyone would be like, "Oh sundae! Why aren't you making more plots? Your island is so bad and undeveloped!" and stuff like that. If everyone wants no more land to be regioned, as you're suggesting, then I guess island owners don't have to region any more houses. More for them, I guess
Let's take a moment to consider, something which we all forgot. Kiri and Coban are not regioning new plots. If you have an island, fine you can make more plots, but they aren't adding more space

Ps - Private islands are more valuable than city islands because of their building to land ratio. Anything over 150x150 CANNOT be considered just a plot, that size automatically makes it an island - whether you can region more plots or not

Two more things ....
a. About players not liking the island terrain, that's just preference I guess to the island owner, they can do what they want as long as it abides by the rules and 'meets city standards'

b. Plots 100x100 are not easy to build for. Delicatebean has a 100x100 plot and it took him a few months to make a great mansion on it. When he built it he had a cool pool and front lawn area which left the mansion to around a 1/3 of the plot - in terrain, you are pretty niches forced to use all your resources. Building for large pieces of land is hard, I've made large builds, but captains 300x300 will be my largest yet and its extremely tough, even withother great builders are working on it as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDiamondTiger

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
Yes, that's my point: island owners could make more plots, or they could just leave their islands empty. Everybody complains when island owners don't make/sell plots, and now everyone will complain if sundae decides to build mountains instead of houses. Regardless of size, if it's a land mass surrounded by water on all sides, it's an island

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
There could also be a set selling price, so the island owner doesn't make money.
@Death_Inferno360 refer back to the original post. The island owner will make literally no profit. None. Nada. Nix.

I literally don't care about money right now, and am willing to spend $15mil for an, I don't know, 250x250 island. It'll have a set selling price, as stated above. No profit whatsoever. I keep bringing up the lack of profit because that's pretty much the only reason why they won't re-region Austrum.

I'm not trying to undermine the work that people put in getting their islands. I'm merely suggesting that they add exclusive features for the ultra-rich. And someone brought up a good point, everyone seems to have $1m now. Let's increase the original prices by $5m+ each, I don't really care about the price.

Plus, there's not really another step after the Millionaire rank. People have gotten bored and only come on occasionally.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
@Death_Inferno360 refer back to the original post. The island owner will make literally no profit. None. Nada. Nix.

I literally don't care about money right now, and am willing to spend $15mil for an, I don't know, 250x250 island. It'll have a set selling price, as stated above. No profit whatsoever. I keep bringing up the lack of profit because that's pretty much the only reason why they won't re-region Austrum.

I'm not trying to undermine the work that people put in getting their islands. I'm merely suggesting that they add exclusive features for the ultra-rich. And someone brought up a good point, everyone seems to have $1m now. Let's increase the original prices by $5m+ each, I don't really care about the price.

Plus, there's not really another step after the Millionaire rank. People have gotten bored and only come on occasionally.
Read my other new post, I just edited it.

By private island, do you mean a place where others can't get to, and only you can enjoy the benefits of your build BTw ?