Stuff for the Rich

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
I'm not saying this at all. More land isn't needed, but this would be a fun way for wealthy players to have fun and build geographical features that they otherwise can't build on normal plots. I agree that other islands aren't being used to their full potential, which is why the island owners should work on that. Otherwise, there is no difference between regioning one plot in the ocean, which happens to be an island, and regioning a plot on an island, which is allowed and encouraged

Reactions: sundae22

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
I'm not saying this at all. More land isn't needed, but this would be a fun way for wealthy players to have fun and build geographical features that they otherwise can't build on normal plots. I agree that other islands aren't being used to their full potential, which is why the island owners should work on that. Otherwise, there is no difference between regioning one plot in the ocean, which happens to be an island, and regioning a plot on an island, which is allowed and encouraged
By creating these islands, you are allowing players to not only be immune from the city building codes, plus the amount of not presentable islands will be catastrophically high; plus Land is being created when an island is created, this is just not needed and will hurt the economy more than it already is.

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
"Catastrophically high" - how many people do you know that have over $2m? The title clearly says "Stuff for the Rich" and this island-buying would be for only the rich. Plus, some city-building codes don't even apply on private islands.

Reactions: Powerfull

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
Maybe a way to combat this potential "catastrophically high amount of unpresentable islands," the price of the island can increase by, let's say, 1m. 2m. 3m. I don't really care about the prices, was just throwing out my idea

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
"Catastrophically high" - how many people do you know that have over $2m? The title clearly says "Stuff for the Rich" and this island-buying would be for only the rich. Plus, some city-building codes don't even apply on private islands.
Actually the majority of people have 2mil because of the economy at the moment; Sundae should know this because she was around when islands were worth 3mil, now they're worth upwards of 7mil.

T

Trump15024

You can do the math and more land isnt needed; if Blumont was regioned, Golden Oaks was organized and regioned and the empty Cayman areas were regioned; there would be enough plots for most players to be able to find places. I would recommend naming places goplot-# and setting /as restore true so when they are resold they turn back into plots.
That's what I am saying we need to get areas regioned

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
I think the prices of islands has risen because of their potential for profit. My idea would pretty much be regioning a huge plot somewhere in the ocean, where players can't make a profit. A lot of people wouldn't want to waste their time with something like this.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
I think the prices of islands has risen because of their potential for profit. My idea would pretty much be regioning a huge plot somewhere in the ocean, where players can't make a profit. A lot of people wouldn't want to waste their time with something like this.
Nope, everything in general is up because of people like @Dqrk overpricing plots and people like @Nova perpetuating them. Noobs caught on and everything is at the prices they are now because of a price fixing scheme. Now everything is affected because of annoying kids thinking that things like wither skulls are worth prices like 35k when they are worth 10k at most.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Captain won't make a profit and it will be worth upwards 70mil.... It isn't money making... Please refer to here for information on this economy.

D

Deleted member 832

Actually it does; estimates of a finished medium size island with detailed features is upwards of 50mil. Purple is the only terrain arch anyways, so it wouldn't be possible.
Wait so ur saying if I extended my mainland to the sea bordes and terra formed the island I could make like 45m?

Reactions: Marshmallowsmalk

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
I think this is the exact definition of "inflation," which happens irl and makes the server more realistic

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
So what your saying is the rich would buy islands where they don't get profit off of them and such?