A question.

Izzie

Former Staff
Nov 7, 2016
A long time ago, before I played this server, I did a 'social experiment' on an old server I used to play. While I played and chatted with the other people on there, I acted and spoke like the players on there. By this, I mean I copied the way they type from what I had seen on that server. They usually used lots of emoticons (like ;3 xD etc) and spoke with eh of their sentences (like fuzzeh bunneh etc). Basically they were all the opposite of me, but I had no friends and was bored. As soon as I spoke and acted like them, I made tons of friends. Many of them lasted, but a few left as soon as I acted myself again. Now theres a popular phrase "always be yourself", but if I'm acting the opposite of myself, why do I make more friends and become more like-able? I have no friends, and nobody really likes me now when I'm being myself. Does anybody think the experiment worked? And if you have an opinion please comment it as im bored lol

Reactions: CDC03 and laggynab

Realu

Jan 22, 2017
minecraft
trends

xD is very trendy and used by cheese lords and weebs (no offense) everywhere so you fit in if you use it

as for not acting like yourself, some people like different qualities in different people. Acting different can mean that you "fit in" more and thus makes you more popular

xD thats my opinion anyway

Reactions: Izzie and laggynab

Donut

Jan 14, 2017
your nearby Krispy Kreme
What I found was when you do be yourself, people who are like you will want to become friends with you but when you are not yourself, you attract more people who are unlike you. When you are yourself on that server I'll guarantee you'll get a friend who is similar to you in many ways :D

Reactions: laggynab
Mar 21, 2017
People have different Opions on other people opinions. If you act the way they want you to act, they will like you. If you start acting yourself, You may disagree with them therefor causing a fight/ lose friendship

Reactions: laggynab

laggynab

laggynab
laggynab
Oct 25, 2016
maldives
A long time ago, before I played this server, I did a 'social experiment' on an old server I used to play. While I played and chatted with the other people on there, I acted and spoke like the players on there. By this, I mean I copied the way they type from what I had seen on that server. They usually used lots of emoticons (like ;3 xD etc) and spoke with eh of their sentences (like fuzzeh bunneh etc). Basically they were all the opposite of me, but I had no friends and was bored. As soon as I spoke and acted like them, I made tons of friends. Many of them lasted, but a few left as soon as I acted myself again. Now theres a popular phrase "always be yourself", but if I'm acting the opposite of myself, why do I make more friends and become more like-able? I have no friends, and nobody really likes me now when I'm being myself. Does anybody think the experiment worked? And if you have an opinion please comment it as im bored lol
!!! Omg.... I did the same experiment on mccities.. It seems that loads of ppls have the same opinion as u, for example laggynab and Frozty of the Undying

Miilk

Mar 25, 2017
your local supermarket
xD rawr ily izzeh!

D

Deleted member 832

Humans are bleepholes, we are selfish and we often tell ourselves lies to keep the truth away. My belief is that you shouldn't succumb to the act of acting like someone else. Just be who you truly are

H

Heather

I think that the main issue here is a false correlation. You say that your friends stopped being your friends when you acted yourself because you attribute acting yourself with why they don't want to be with you anymore. The more likely reason why you lost some of your friendships is because you were lying to them about who you were for all that time, and when you were yourself you didn't fit as well. When you make friendships, it's often with people who are similar to you, but when you fake something like that you leave the risk that people will not feel as close when they find out that you aren't actually like the way you have been acting. I think I would be rather hurt if I found out one of my close friends was only acting a certain way to be around me, that they were someone completely different outside our group of friends. This might be a possible cause of the distance and I would encourage you to make friendships by being yourself so that your friends wont feel hurt when they find out that you were only acting a certain way around them. Be 100% you and I think you'll find that your friendships will flourish a lot more than you expect because you will actually be similar, even if it takes a bit longer to find a group of similar individuals. Best of luck!

Reactions: Powerfull and Miilk
T

Trump15024

I don't think izzie "lied" I think this was just a experiment.