• I like both ideas

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • I do not think any of these suggestions should be added

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hidden124

RobWilson
RobWilson
Reputation...it's an interesting concept that really, should get a little more attention. While some players may not care at all about whether their reputation is -1334 or 0 (the highest reputation level at this moment in time) its a status symbol for others and I believe we need ways to raise this reputation.

After I sat down and pondered the question of "How could reputation be raised?" I believe I have come up with some pretty good ideas. Donating, no, not donating real money but in game money. So let me explain how this would work, a "fake charity" or whatever you would want to call it would be set up by the server (meaning all money "donated" to the "charity" would be going to the server.) Players could individually donate to this "charity" which would raise their reputation depending on the amount donated.

Example: Player 101 donates $10,000 to the charity. Player 101 would now gain 10 reputation. Now say player 102 comes along and is only able to donate $5,000. Player 102 would gain 5 reputation. (In this example 1k=+1 reputation)

My second idea was much more simple. Players could give other players a certain amount of reputation each week (to avoid exploitation the cooldown would be one week.) Say Player 101 needs help setting up his mall shop and the more experienced Player 102 comes along and helps him out. Player 101 could now execute a command such /rep give (Username) 10 to give Player 102 +10 reputation for his/her kindness. The max would be set to ten reputation per week to avoid exploitation.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you have any suggestions feel free to suggest them below or ask any questions.

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
I love the charity idea! This would bring more of the real world in... maybe the charity could go to workers like police or the staff. I'm sorry to say that I don't think the second, much more simple idea, would go well. As I hate to say it I don't think more Mc City players would be willing to give up their rep; I hope I would be wrong, but you never know till it happens. I hope this happens because being the bad apple I am I have -20 rep *gasps* haha. :D

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
Welp Your basically suggesting you make reputation another currency where you gain it by doing good deeds (ill address that later) , then also pay it but not lose any?

Now my second point, How would the server (console for say) know when you do something good? Staff are not going to just have a machine that gives random reputation.

Hidden124

RobWilson
RobWilson
The console would not know other players would be giving each other reputation....

And in no way would reputation be a currency..and why would or should you lose some reputation when giving some? I do not understand your point if you could explain further that would be great.

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
The console would not know other players would be giving each other reputation....

And in no way would reputation be a currency..and why would or should you lose some reputation when giving some? I do not understand your point if you could explain further that would be great.
MAke money doing good deeds.
"Example: Player 101 donates $10,000 to the charity. Player 101 would now gain 10 reputation. Now say player 102 comes along and is only able to donate $5,000. Player 102 would gain 5 reputation. (In this example 1k=+1 reputation)"

Then give it to another player to help out. Just as one would give money to help out. I understand it does not take from yours, but can still be used in bartering. (btw i can see people do blackmarket trades with rep for money or drugs)

My second idea was much more simple. Players could give other players a certain amount of reputation each week (to avoid exploitation the cooldown would be one week.) Say Player 101 needs help setting up his mall shop and the more experienced Player 102 comes along and helps him out. Player 101 could now execute a command such /rep give (Username) 10 to give Player 102 +10 reputation for his/her kindness. The max would be set to ten reputation per week to avoid exploitation.

Hidden124

RobWilson
RobWilson
The money from the charity would be used for nothing except possibly supply the MCCities PD with gear. To address your concerns of this reputation being "money" for drugs it really would be pointless as the person getting the drugs would be jailed soon enough for possessing them and lose the reputation they had just gained.

D

Deleted member 832

Maybe instead of a charity a lottery, 2

1 ticket=1k buying a ticket equals +10 rep?