An island situation I hope that is fixed

T

Trump15024

Hello, players of McCities as you know I have helped run Runnerboro for over a year and in early August I bought the island of Bob. Islands are supposed to be rare and a wonderful investment for players to make. However, working on Runnerboro and now being the owner of Bob has made me realize that owning an island is 100% great but it's a constant hell. For over three months with bob every day I am constantly being put on hold with my plans for the players of McCities on bob because of a few inactive plot owners, and ugly (sorry lack of better words) wooden/glass plots, and even players who have tried to hold plots to stop my plan and I won't name any names but I have evidence. If given the chance I have a team of players and architects ready to terraform and to make Bob into one of the best islands on the server with some awesome public amenities I won't name here. I want to be able to give back to the community but atm I cant. This needs to be fixed. It is not fair that someone who has invested 20m+ in an island can't even do anything on it because of people who are not even part of the community anymore. In the island guide, it says " If you feel that the property should be removed from the current owner for a rightful reason (ex: inactivity, no improvements to build, etc), contact a staff member instead." So this is already a problem that island owners have dealt with before of inactive plot owners but if a player is on an hour a month I and others have to put my 20m+ investment on hold for the community. This needs to be fixed so islands can actually do stuff without inactive plot owners, bad plots, or plot hoarders can't stop islands. The only option I have left with Bob atm is to take it private and let it sit there with some flowers because there are ugly scattered plots everywhere being held for unknown reasons, and inactive plot owners who are not even part of McCities anymore and have left hoarding the plots and coming on for one second to hold the plots. One inactive plot owner stated they will never sell the plot they own and they were literally on 1 hour the whole month.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Hello, players of McCities as you know I have helped run Runnerboro for over a year and in early August I bought the island of Bob. Islands are supposed to be rare and a wonderful investment for players to make. However, working on Runnerboro and now being the owner of Bob has made me realize that owning an island is 100% great but it's a constant hell. For over three months with bob every day I am constantly being put on hold with my plans for the players of McCities on bob because of a few inactive plot owners, and ugly (sorry lack of better words) wooden/glass plots, and even players who have tried to hold plots to stop my plan and I won't name any names but I have evidence. If given the chance I have a team of players and architects ready to terraform and to make Bob into one of the best islands on the server with some awesome public amenities I won't name here. I want to be able to give back to the community but atm I cant. This needs to be fixed. It is not fair that someone who has invested 20m+ in an island can't even do anything on it because of people who are not even part of the community anymore. In the island guide, it says " If you feel that the property should be removed from the current owner for a rightful reason (ex: inactivity, no improvements to build, etc), contact a staff member instead." So this is already a problem that island owners have dealt with before of inactive plot owners but if a player is on an hour a month I and others have to put my 20m+ investment on hold for the community. This needs to be fixed so islands can actually do stuff without inactive plot owners, bad plots, or plot hoarders can't stop islands. The only option I have left with Bob atm is to take it private and let it sit there with some flowers because there are ugly scattered plots everywhere being held for unknown reasons, and inactive plot owners who are not even part of McCities anymore and have left hoarding the plots and coming on for one second to hold the plots. One inactive plot owner stated they will never sell the plot they own and they were literally on 1 hour the whole month.
First havent read it tho

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I think the problem in this is the shift to a populated area to a non populated area. Forcing a player is wrong and it is nit his fault you spent millions of dollars on this island. All you can actually do is cope with the situation and find improvements. Its like a game of monopoly, if you get all 3 slots in an area you can upgrade it. You don’t necessarily need to have every plot and redo it from scratch sure it would be better. But fixing the island portion by portion whatever is available at that time is something that can be done. After over a year of owning a public island only then I realize that you can’t directly hit the point but I am doing fairly decent right now. I was able to get a whole area and its currently being redo to a beach. There will always be major setbacks but forcing to kick players out is wrong. Sorry if I count as one of those plot owners on bob, but I have plans for the plot so I don’t think you can say you can kick out anybody for any reason cause you spent 20mil. If I bought bunny and spent say like 100mil and wanted to turn it into a huge private island, I can’t say its fair to kick out every person there just cause I dropped in a huge amount. As an island owner patience is the key to getting things done. Its a long term investment and it requires you to think critically and strategically on how to get things done. I don’t wanna be mean but I have never found island managers as someone you can ask to do your crap. Even if you do hire managers you end up doing almost everything yourself.
I was one of the few island managers who would even spend money to help islands but you know it wasn’t too bad the outcome was better, some would include kremesville and eisland.

T

Trump15024

I think the problem in this is the shift to a populated area to a non populated area. Forcing a player is wrong and it is nit his fault you spent millions of dollars on this island. All you can actually do is cope with the situation and find improvements. Its like a game of monopoly, if you get all 3 slots in an area you can upgrade it. You don’t necessarily need to have every plot and redo it from scratch sure it would be better. But fixing the island portion by portion whatever is available at that time is something that can be done. After over a year of owning a public island only then I realize that you can’t directly hit the point but I am doing fairly decent right now. I was able to get a whole area and its currently being redo to a beach. There will always be major setbacks but forcing to kick players out is wrong. Sorry if I count as one of those plot owners on bob, but I have plans for the plot so I don’t think you can say you can kick out anybody for any reason cause you spent 20mil. If I bought bunny and spent say like 100mil and wanted to turn it into a huge private island, I can’t say its fair to kick out every person there just cause I dropped in a huge amount. As an island owner patience is the key to getting things done. Its a long term investment and it requires you to think critically and strategically on how to get things done. I don’t wanna be mean but I have never found island managers as someone you can ask to do your crap. Even if you do hire managers you end up doing almost everything yourself.
I was one of the few island managers who would even spend money to help islands but you know it wasn’t too bad the outcome was better, some would include kremesville and eisland.
It’s not about kicking players out. These players are never on the server they come on every 1 month and 29 days for 20 minutes to make sure their plots don’t resell. This should not be allowed. It is crazy that inactive plot owners who are not even members of the community anymore can stop an island from giving back to the community. It’s a whole chain of issues it will never stop. One plot goes up for sale and a friend of the player snipes it to hold it. It will continue. There is no way I will be able to ever terraform with big ugly woof and glass houses owned by inactive players. I am also working against players who want to hoard plots to stop me from doing work on Bob. If this was any other island like Bunny or Undeadland the owners would be the same.

Neilio_Xtreme

Neilio_Xtreme
Neilio_Xtreme
Oct 10, 2017
Well @Trump15024 it seems to me that you have a few options here:
1. Buy out the holders. If they won't sell, increasing the offer isn't a bad idea. If you've invested over 20mil then what's an additional $X(New - original offer = X) on top of whatever you were going to pay anyways.
2. If they truly are ugly builds, they can always be reported to the regioning police. Then an inactive user wouldn't be able to replace in time or would be forced to make the decision: Renovate or sell. This is only if the plot isn't up to standards.
3. If the plot IS up to standards and objectively-speaking isn't bad, then you could always just build around the plots. They're kinda historic at that point, depending on how you look at it. If it's a public island the residents should be considered, after all.

Just a few opinions from a different point of view is all.

T

Trump15024

Well @Trump15024 it seems to me that you have a few options here:
1. Buy out the holders. If they won't sell, increasing the offer isn't a bad idea. If you've invested over 20mil then what's an additional $X(New - original offer = X) on top of whatever you were going to pay anyways.
2. If they truly are ugly builds, they can always be reported to the regioning police. Then an inactive user wouldn't be able to replace in time or would be forced to make the decision: Renovate or sell. This is only if the plot isn't up to standards.
3. If the plot IS up to standards and objectively-speaking isn't bad, then you could always just build around the plots. They're kinda historic at that point, depending on how you look at it. If it's a public island the residents should be considered, after all.

Just a few opinions from a different point of view is all.
Thanks for the advice :)

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

koekie_w

Architect
koekie_w
koekie_w
Dec 10, 2017
Belgium
If people want to keep their plots it is up to them though, even if they are inactive for 1month and 29 days it is still mccities rules if you shorten the period they will come back after 29 days so it is not something that can be fixed! it is up to the players and the community!

T

Trump15024

If people want to keep their plots it is up to them though, even if they are inactive for 1month and 29 days it is still mccities rules if you shorten the period they will come back after 29 days so it is not something that can be fixed! it is up to the players and the community!
That's not true. The rules in the island guide clearly state and the plot rules that inactive plots are against the rules, but this is still an issue.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
If you were able to take plots from inactive plot owners, it will discourage living on islands as it is easier to take their plot if they for say go inacvtive for a couple of weeks. And in general only limit players to being inactive in cayman city itself

T

Trump15024

If you were able to take plots from inactive plot owners, it will discourage living on islands as it is easier to take their plot if they for say go inacvtive for a couple of weeks. And in general only limit players to being inactive in cayman city itself
This is not inactivity for weeks this is for months where they come on 1-2 hours a month to just keep their plots which than puts a project that would benefit all the active players on hold. It needs to stop and it’s against 2 rules already.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
This is not inactivity for weeks this is for months where they come on 1-2 hours a month to just keep their plots which than puts a project that would benefit all the active players on hold. It needs to stop and it’s against 2 rules already.
Seriously, this still isn’t a very viable reason to take plots. So if islands like say bunny or runnerboro having over 70+ plots can easily take so much when someone goes inactive with low player time. Won’t that easily give them a huge monopoly on cheap/free plots they can buy back or take. This rule that your suggesting is a little bit ‘rude’ in a sense as well. Like if you had the power to take someones properties which you do, would you do it? Like honestly thats sort of a bs move just so you can do your project. What if the player had important items stored their or history etc... What makes you justify that theyre inactivity allows you to take their plots. What if they’re an alt account thats not really used that much remember the 30 plot limit rule can still be split between your alts. I don’t find any viable reason to taking others plots on a rule that isn’t known to them as whats universally known is the 60 day rule. I get that it can be frustrating but, the point in taking it withiut them noticing despite they have not violated any rules. Inactivity isnt a rule, its just a game and you can’t force someone to be as active as you are. This game has went far from a happy city server, to a server fulled with a million loop holes to things. That paradise for all has now only become a haven for the rich, being a middle class or lower still makes people sad sometimes. And yet here your pushing for a rule to be able to take plots from players you deem inactive. If they have the time to open minecraft it means they still csre for what they earned on here. Honestly if you wouldn’t care, then you wouldn’t go on to even reset it. Thing is you can’t judge how peoples inactivity are, you don’t know where they may be in life, and you can’t judge to take something from someone just cause they’re inactive.

T

Trump15024

Seriously, this still isn’t a very viable reason to take plots. So if islands like say bunny or runnerboro having over 70+ plots can easily take so much when someone goes inactive with low player time. Won’t that easily give them a huge monopoly on cheap/free plots they can buy back or take. This rule that your suggesting is a little bit ‘rude’ in a sense as well. Like if you had the power to take someones properties which you do, would you do it? Like honestly thats sort of a bs move just so you can do your project. What if the player had important items stored their or history etc... What makes you justify that theyre inactivity allows you to take their plots. What if they’re an alt account thats not really used that much remember the 30 plot limit rule can still be split between your alts. I don’t find any viable reason to taking others plots on a rule that isn’t known to them as whats universally known is the 60 day rule. I get that it can be frustrating but, the point in taking it withiut them noticing despite they have not violated any rules. Inactivity isnt a rule, its just a game and you can’t force someone to be as active as you are. This game has went far from a happy city server, to a server fulled with a million loop holes to things. That paradise for all has now only become a haven for the rich, being a middle class or lower still makes people sad sometimes. And yet here your pushing for a rule to be able to take plots from players you deem inactive. If they have the time to open minecraft it means they still csre for what they earned on here. Honestly if you wouldn’t care, then you wouldn’t go on to even reset it. Thing is you can’t judge how peoples inactivity are, you don’t know where they may be in life, and you can’t judge to take something from someone just cause they’re inactive.
The thing is this is already a rule if you are not part of this community you can have your plots taken away. This should not just be for islands it should be for server owned cities like Cayman. Yes some players I agree are inactive due to issues out of their hands but these are players who are no longer even on the server and have been gone for months who continue to hoard plots that players could use them for good use. For example someone could use an inactive players plot to create a store generating a new company, new role play, and their employees get payed. This is already against the rules I am suggesting it’s enforced more.

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
The thing is this is already a rule if you are not part of this community you can have your plots taken away
Where is this rule? I don't see it on /rules or anywhere else. As far as I know, it's not against the rules to only get on once a month to keep your plots. Plots are only revoked when players are inactive for 60 days, they get banned, or when the house doesn't meet plot standards. It definitely should be against the rules, but it's not right now.

T

Trump15024

Where is this rule? I don't see it on /rules or anywhere else. As far as I know, it's not against the rules to only get on once a month to keep your plots. Plots are only revoked when players are inactive for 60 days, they get banned, or when the house doesn't meet plot standards. It definitely should be against the rules, but it's not right now.
There is actually two that can apply to this situation

1) Activity - Properties may be taken if there are no activities found within the property. (Basically just buying it and letting the property sit there).
2) Resident: Just because the island is owned by you or someone else does not mean you can kick out the residents for any given reason. If you feel that the property should be removed from the current owner for a rightful reason (ex: inactivity, no improvements to build, etc), contact a staff member instead.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
OBSTRUCT THE WALL!