Can you explain why you do this to new players?

ShrillSparks

Jul 17, 2019
Hello
ShrillSpark here,
AKA Amjad.
I'm here to talk about the fact there are disabled SlimeFun items from crafting but it's possible to have it if the player is old and had it before.
So when a player comes to the server, he wants to make money from mining, and he hears about Talisman of Wizard, and someone items it to show him it. But when he tries to get the SlimeFun items to craft it, he realizes that he can't craft it cause Talisman of Magician isn't craftable anymore.
So whats my point?
I'm saying that the server isn't giving chances for new players to be as strong as new players, its more like the server tells them "**** off, be veteran or don't play on the server" which won't help the server popularity.

Solutions are 2:
First, allow people to craft the items.
Second, take every uncraftable item from the people who owns them.

I think the server should do it to make it a bit "fair" for the new players

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Just adding that Rare items like these add another fun aspect to the server by allowing players to collect these items and gain advantages. Also these items are worth a lot of money but if you pay enough you are still able to get them

What I am saying is that Talismans are one of the reasons so many players work hard every day to earn money and stay active.

ShrillSparks

Jul 17, 2019
Just adding that Rare items like these add another fun aspect to the server by allowing players to collect these items and gain advantages. Also these items are worth a lot of money but if you pay enough you are still able to get them

What I am saying is that Talismans are one of the reasons so many players work hard every day to earn money and stay active.
so you agree with me or nope?

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I do not, a talisman is the same as an halloween hat, only born in a different place. Keeping it rare is the best thing to do in the end (altough adding some more every now and then on auctions is acceptable)

ShrillSparks

Jul 17, 2019
I do not, a talisman is the same as an halloween hat, only born in a different place. Keeping it rare is the best thing to do in the end (altough adding some more every now and then on auctions is acceptable)
It's just unfair advantages to other people cause they own it and it's not craftable anymore -_-

pengyy

Verified
Pengy2552
Pengy2552
Millionaire
May 20, 2018
my messenger pigeon
In a lot of different games, there are items that are exclusive for certain seasons, events or maybe even only accessible through paying real life money. In many of those games once you miss it, you are unable to acquire those items. In this server they may be limited but you are still able to buy it off other players provided that you pay enough money. It is not like an item that makes someone a literal god or anything, they are items that people worked hard to obtain in the past and have either been kept or passed down.
If you want to ban all rare items then anything from mythics, event items to even things such as large mansions and islands should be banned.
Its just not feasible, if you really want those items then save up and try and purchase one.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Event item is just like a drop party, u were on or u weren't on, nth else
BUT ITEMS GOT BANNED MUST BE REMOVED.
Ok here's the explanation you're looking for.

You are correct - there a ton of slimefun items that cannot be crafted anymore. This is due to the fact that they were deemed unrealistic or ruined some aspect of gameplay on the server. In fact, you might be unaware that a lot of the uncraftable items are also unusable, with many old players keeping them as memorabilia or as a collectible.

Besides these, yes, there are some uncraftable items that are still usable, but rare. So lets get to your point - "the server isn't giving chances for new players to be as strong as new players". This is literally the point of the server; starting at ground 0, and grinding your way up to the top. This isn't a communist role play server and it makes sense that new players have a disadvantage. BUT, lets go talk about that disadvantage. You're mainly talking about removed SF items. 95% of removed but working items make quit a small difference in gameplay in an advantageous way. '

Here, you say: "It's just unfair advantages to other people cause they own it and it's not craftable anymore -_-". You have not given any reason as to why its an UNFAIR advantage? Is it unfair that a player joined a server 2 years before you? Is it unfair that another play may have several days of play time?

EnderPort2

Aug 21, 2018
The reason vintage items are so valuable is because they were created when they shouldn't have been. Speed sticks, Death Robes, Talismans. They all are overpowered and susceptible to exploitation.

I understand your frustration but they can only be handled by a trusted few, otherwise there will be chaos. I hold a vault of these items, I do not sell them. Also with the amount of hidden vaults it would be an impossible task to rid the server of said items.

If you stick around for over a year and a half, I can perhaps arrange a viewing or if you are of good standing, a potential sale. @ShrillSparks

ShrillSparks

Jul 17, 2019
You guys kinda got my point but not that much, I meant, it's normal for old players to have OP stuff but not uncraftable stuff. and if it's too op to be existed and they made it uncraftable, then they need to replace it with smth else for people :D

TheAnonymous

Jan 16, 2019
The Anonymous Bunker
Why would you make a thread with a question, and if we answer it, you’re denying our answer? Weird.

As all the other people said before, they are disabled, they are rare, but now that you’re jealous of what they have, it should be removed? That’s not how it works.

Stay here for a long time, work your ass off like they did, and maybe one day you have a special item that will be disabled as well. If that’s the case, would you want to have those items being removed because someone is jealous of what you have? No probably not. So stop arguing if we answer your question because it’s not going to happen.

BUT ITEMS GOT BANNED MUST BE REMOVED.
They’re not banned, the items that are required are disabled, fyi

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
You guys kinda got my point but not that much, I meant, it's normal for old players to have OP stuff but not uncraftable stuff. and if it's too op to be existed and they made it uncraftable, then they need to replace it with smth else for people :D
You're missing my point. There are no super op uncraftable items. Most of them are cosmetics/disabled and provide no advantage. Give me an example of items you are talking about