Communication With Your Playerbase

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
1. Most communication happens in the discord.
2. It doesn't matter if we tell 1 person that we dont know anything if the next person asks us the same exact thing 5m later
3. I saw other players reply in the shoutbox already so dont really need to copy them just because I am staff.
I think you edited your reply but still, you are staff and in my opinion it's your role on the server to spread information and help people. if you made a forum post you wouldnt have to tell 1 person you would be telling everyone on here. nothing but positive would have come from making a forum post and I honestly cant understand what is so hard to see about that

Reactions: Simon32336
T

Trump15024

Not a conspiracy, just a thought. She did inform us in a log report but that was all we heard and the implication was that it would take around 2 days. All any of you had to do was write a simple post explaining that it was taking longer than expected etc etc.
I’m not sure where you got the impression the host change would take two days. Gj made an announcement in the discord explaining why the server was down, and even offered the opportunity to message her if you had concerns.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
All I'm trying to do is make a suggestion for the bettering of the server. I was not rude or harsh in my post so I really don't think I deserve the hostility. At the end of the day, it's a suggestion that could only benefit the server; take it or leave it.

mabes

Former Staff
Verified
mabelqines
mabelqines
Jun 12, 2018
In this case there wasn’t much other information we could’ve provided. But I’m curious, what other information would you have wanted us to provide the server citizens Trevor? Use the host change as an example, since you mentioned it in your first thread post.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
In this case there wasn’t much other information we could’ve provided. But I’m curious, what other information would you have wanted us to provide the server citizens Trevor? Use the host change as an example, since you mentioned it in your first thread post.
Not sure if you saw the quote I made earlier in the thread, but really anything like that. It's not so much about information so much as about communication. Even just communicating that you guys don't know when the server will be back or anything is better than just kinda guessing about what's going on :(

mabes

Former Staff
Verified
mabelqines
mabelqines
Jun 12, 2018
I can understand where you’re coming from, wanting more information, but if you look through the threads on discord around the time this occurred it was brought up several times that we had no idea, and couldn’t estimate as it differs every time.