Cool nd Good

What is up my home-slices

• Total voters

Kamtronix

Feb 1, 2018
you to me
www.mccities.com
Hi my namea Kamtronix, I like Bepis and long walks on the 5th dimension. :smug:

For reals though, I joined the server yesterday and I'm enjoying it. Simulation-type games are my favorite!

I'm an artist who started out drawing and now I mostly paint with water-based acrylic. I love animals, and I don't exclude bugs!

My favorite animal atm is the female jungle nymph!

A weird fact about me: I used to keep exotic praying mantises as my pets. And I'd do it again! I'll try to post a picture of one of the babies :D

15219474_10202883119875791_974351696038238405_n.jpg

Reactions: Ashnxkko and Izzie

Daysies

Aug 24, 2017
Welcome!

That's a pretty spiffy mantis you have there :eek:

If you're not shy, I'd love to see some of your art!

Reactions: Kamtronix

Daysies

Aug 24, 2017
@Kamtronix

Holy guacamole, that's amazing! Really interesting idea to do that, too :eek:
My favorites are the lizard and those flowers. Do you need a special paint for vinyl? Looks really shiny, hahah.

Kamtronix

Feb 1, 2018
you to me
www.mccities.com
Thanks!
I got the idea from a workshop I attended with a friend in 2010! We painted the records and then got the supplies to turn them into working clocks!

Reusing these can be super cheap, I generally find them at Goodwill or Salvation Army for $0.50-$1.00 Much better than getting a new set of canvases. Better-known artists like the Beatles, Elvis Presley, Metallica, AC/DC, etc might be in a special range of a few bucks more, even in thrift stores if they know what's good:feelsbadman: rip my money

I haven't searched around for other paints, I'm sure there's stuff out there better than my technique.
I generally apply painters tape and use a swivel knife to get my design. after I discard my cut-out pieces of tape, I spray-paint with white water-based matte. This way my paints will stand out from the black! Last thing to do is add color!

Now you can make your very own A R T
lol

Also, metallic paints make the colors all shiny!