[Discussion] Teacher Forums Tags

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
So with the new school staff, this question has once again resurfaced: "Should there be a forums rank for teacher/school roles [aside from principal/etc]"

I've talked with a considerable amount of people about this, but I would like to know as statements, what others think. So I'm asking:

Should roles/tags (for teachers and school staff) be implemented & why/why not.

I do have an opinion on this myself and I will share after some others. I am also FULLY AWARE that by creating this post there will be an argument, and hopefully it will spawn a good debate.

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
Teacher is relatively easy to get and is not a constant role like staff or arch, as it is more a fun little job. You do have to apply, however getting in is not difficult and there is an abundance of teachers as a result of this. Arches will get paid for doing actual work, but teachers get a small salary for every once in a while taking part in school which is a fun little role-play thing where only some work has to be put in. Not to mention that it more closely resembles the job of doctor than arch or staff, because you do have to do a little work to get there there are tons of doctors and it's fairly useless except for having fun in the server. This shouldn't even be a paid job.

wisemanjp

Verified
wisemanjp
wisemanjp
Jan 13, 2018
the ink inside a ballpoint pen
Teacher is relatively easy to get and is not a constant role like staff or arch, as it is more a fun little job. You do have to apply, however getting in is not difficult and there is an abundance of teachers as a result of this. Arches will get paid for doing actual work, but teachers get a small salary for every once in a while taking part in school which is a fun little role-play thing where only some work has to be put in. Not to mention that it more closely resembles the job of doctor than arch or staff, because you do have to do a little work to get there there are tons of doctors and it's fairly useless except for having fun in the server. This shouldn't even be a paid job.
This is probably not what you meant,

but this made me feel a bit irrelevant as a teacher :feelsbadman:

Reactions: Laurel and Atlair

lucyluhoo

Former Staff
lucyluhoo
lucyluhoo
Jan 1, 2017
yingr hingr dingr
As I was once a Principal, I can tell you that people only really wanted to be a teacher because they thought they'd get a tag to stand out. This is NOT why you apply. Teacher is a job, an easy job at that one. It is not vigorous or consistent as it doesn't go on everyday. You get a T on the left side of your name, isn't that enough? Plus, when school is on, teachers are the main priority at that moment. I believe that is enough attention. I have spoken to a couple of teachers and both have told me that they only really wanted to be a teacher so they could stand out like a police officer and staff member. I don't mean this in any bad way, but being a teacher is a JOB. Not a rank, and so it should be treated as one.

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
I agree with Keona, teacher isnt a 100% of the time job- you teach for 10 minutes each day. Yes, you need to be fully involved with the students, but 10 minutes.

Acer

Bpacer
Bpacer
Mar 4, 2018
Doesn't really doesn't contribute towards teacher ranks...

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
So with the new school staff, this question has once again resurfaced: "Should there be a forums rank for teacher/school roles [aside from principal/etc]"

I've talked with a considerable amount of people about this, but I would like to know as statements, what others think. So I'm asking:

Should roles/tags (for teachers and school staff) be implemented & why/why not.

I do have an opinion on this myself and I will share after some others. I am also FULLY AWARE that by creating this post there will be an argument, and hopefully it will spawn a good debate.
A teacher is one of the most under appreciated jobs in the WORLD and in this community. I think they should be given ranks because although many people belive its an "easy" job, its hard. Ive done it multiple times, and it take a lot of time and energy to create a good and effective environment. Although you may only be presenting for 10 mins, it takes over and hour sometimes to prepare the lessons, even tho im no longer a teacher, i still know how its hard. I respect the option of the people who disagree with me, and i hope you can respect mine.

Reactions: Atlair

lucyluhoo

Former Staff
lucyluhoo
lucyluhoo
Jan 1, 2017
yingr hingr dingr
A teacher is one of the most under appreciated jobs in the WORLD and in this community. I think they should be given ranks because although many people belive its an "easy" job, its hard. Ive done it multiple times, and it take a lot of time and energy to create a good and effective environment. Although you may only be presenting for 10 mins, it takes over and hour sometimes to prepare the lessons, even tho im no longer a teacher, i still know how its hard. I respect the option of the people who disagree with me, and i hope you can respect mine.
We are not discrediting the amount of work teachers put into the system, we’re simply saying it’s less and not as prominent. Even though police officers, staff and arches don’t work everyday, they work at a constant rate when they are online. Teachers host school for 2 hours MAYBE 3 days a week. Teacher has always been an easier job to apply for and achieve, meaning it should be seen as an easier thing. Like a job. Jobs don’t have tags and neither should teachers.

Reactions: Powerfull

wisemanjp

Verified
wisemanjp
wisemanjp
Jan 13, 2018
the ink inside a ballpoint pen
We don't have opportunities to work more. We can't change that. But when we do, we work hard. And it feels the entire thread has been saying that we don't do as much as an architect, as an officer, or even a staff member.

but thats not true

Reactions: Laurel

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
We are not discrediting the amount of work teachers put into the system, we’re simply saying it’s less and not as prominent. Even though police officers, staff and arches don’t work everyday, they work at a constant rate when they are online. Teachers host school for 2 hours MAYBE 3 days a week. Teacher has always been an easier job to apply for and achieve, meaning it should be seen as an easier thing. Like a job. Jobs don’t have tags and neither should teachers.
yes, i can see your point, but like i said before i do respect your opinion, and i wish for you to respect mine

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
We don't have opportunities to work more. We can't change that. But when we do, we work hard. And it feels the entire thread has been saying that we don't do as much as an architect, as an officer, or even a staff member.

but thats not true
i agree, i feel like teachers are much under appreciated, and even tho people dont see them constantly working, doesnt mean they arent working their asses off behind the scenes. <3 Will, i appreciate you and all the other fabulous teachers. Thank you. Although not everyone will agree with our opinions, im proud you stood up for yourself, your brave, smart, and an amazing teacher and person. Its all about the effort, and you have been very respectful though out this whole entire discussion, and i hope everyone will respect our opinions as well <3

lucyluhoo

Former Staff
lucyluhoo
lucyluhoo
Jan 1, 2017
yingr hingr dingr
yes, i can see your point, but like i said before i do respect your opinion, and i wish for you to respect mine
I did not at any point in any of my statements mention anything about not respecting your opinion?? Maybe read a little closer before typing such bold statements(?)

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
I did not at any point in any of my statements mention anything about not respecting your opinion?? Maybe read a little closer before typing such bold statements(?)
i didnt instead to pick any fights, i came here to put my personal opinion here, and thats it. You replied to my comment, so im replaying to yours. I support positivity and kindness towards others wether i agree or not. ^-^ So lets just remind ourselves that someone has to read these comments, and people have feelings.

lucyluhoo

Former Staff
lucyluhoo
lucyluhoo
Jan 1, 2017
yingr hingr dingr
i didnt instead to pick any fights, i came here to put my personal opinion here, and thats it. You replied to my comment, so im replaying to yours. I support positivity and kindness towards others wether i agree or not. ^-^ So lets just remind ourselves that someone has to read these comments, and people have feelings.
I still honestly don't know how I was in any way neglecting peoples feelings, I stated my point and opinion on a topic. In no part of it did I ever attack or insult someone.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
You guys really want 60% of the people people online to have a tab rank dont you? Thats foolish.

You have no good reason to want a rank up there "more appreciation?" You dont do it for attention or friends. You do it because you want to.

Also school may be active know but I know how it goes. Soon it will be only once a week and 50% of the teachers misses school days and bla bla.

The rank isnt so beautifull then hmmm...

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Ha ok, so Im probably the lnly teacher at the moment whos gonna go against this I guess. I have seen from both views. So let me get started, so Ill see the side of how people want it. Will, you aren’t under appreciated but I will not lie, teacher is much easier to get into than arch/staff/cop. Lauren teachers on here are much different in real life. I have thought for an hour a day and yes its tedious, takes me about 3 hours to edit all the lesson plans. Anyways the teaching on here is very different, you don’t exactly need to act adult-ish, because you know your talking to everyone who are in your age group. Its not a serious school, not even students take it seriously. Next it takes you about 5-10mins to think of some lesson plan when the Principal asks if were ready, we don’t end up waiting for 2 hours. Because we teach unexpectedly, we don’t run on a daily basis. I didn’t mean that to sound harsh in any way.

Ok now on the people who say they don’t want it implemented. I have to agree with them as, I will not lie, I tried sucking up to the Principals / Vice Principals before but I never supported the idea of having tags or it becoming a rank. For quite a while I helped in the applications, for me when people are accepted into teacher, the criterias isn’t that strict, even if you aren’t really active or if you have been a constant jerk in the past. The records don’t always follow through. I get that your all gonna say people change etc... yes I understand that but, the applications of getting in teacher is easier. In my time as teacher when Graphic_Elf as Principal, she said that maybe a requirement for staff is they become teacher first to get a grasp to an extent. I think by this it can already be seen that a teacher’s work in mccities atleast is very far to how staff have to work as well as other roles. I know sometimes they even have rules of playing atleast 1hour a day or 30minutes at the least. Anyways to get to the point, I as a teacher know what its like to do lots of stuff without even getting appreciated for it but I don’t really mind. Its fun, its boring the circumstances differ but I like doing what I do. I checked applications before and also when the school wasn’t running, I teach 2 subjects which is twice as long (sometimes). Anyways those are all voluntary efforts such as joining the teacher job itself, when you apply you don’t apply for the recognition but you apply because you have the passion to teach. I don’t care how cool or experienced or how rich you are on here. I don’t care if your staff, arch, or police and or the top player on the server. What I want to see is dedication and passion in the thing you do. One example I would like to give is DarkEmeraldXd, now known as FancyFishFeet, in my time being a teacher I watched some of her classes. Sure there was the trouble makers and the quiet students but it all made the perfect mix which got me into a really fun environment. I know she isn’t requesting for a rank not does she care if its implemented or not but, I can see the passion in how you write and how you act. The first arguement I had about this during this month was we were under appreciated, we lacked recognition etc... For me that was a really bland excuse to why we needed a rank.

Does having a rank make me feel special?
In all honesty yes, I feel different when I got that Blue Police Tag beside me but I also enjoy messing with players and jailing them especially when I surprise catch them.

The first question I want all of you to answer if your wanting to give teachers a rank is how would this improve (anything in general). And give a valid reason not some ego centered answer like I will feel more motivated or inspired. Because really teachers are already given a few perms to play with which is sorta fun. And finally teachers are meant to serve hence you teach students, you don’t ask for a reward for doing voluntary job/work. That sums up the definition of being fake.

Most of all I am dissapointed at all my co workers who sided to make it a rank for the reason of feeling under appreciated. As teachers you should have known better and what your job stands and signifies for. Your a teacher you teach, you don’t ask for a rank for not feeling recognized enough because you are the star in your students eyes and thats enough recognition to make you know that your important to people.