ICanRekYouEZ Needs To Be Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneGuy4205

Jul 11, 2017
Never gonna tell, UK
Because banning someone for something that isn't under server rules is a bit unfair, if the rules were adjusted to accommodate people that don't pay off loans then it would be OK

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
For the last time, the issue isn't the scamming. The issue is that it's constant and that the player has no intention of paying the money back. It's unjust and needs to be stopped. However, as the player shows no signs of stopping, I believe that it is time to take action in a different way, such as the institution of a 3-day ban. Unless, of course, you're fine with a dozen more people being scammed. If you want that, then, by all means, argue against banning him.

Optic

lykkee
lykkee
Jan 6, 2017
another server e.e
idontmind.com
Look, you had a choice to do the loan. It was by far unreasonable. Like 100-500k in a week maybe a few days. You should know they have no intention of paying back, I’m not arguing against banning him. I’m saying that this has gotten out of hand, we know you all want him gone but yet you want the money or anything to pay back. How might I ask will this help you if they’re banned?

Reactions: Powerfull

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
Look, you had a choice to do the loan. It was by far unreasonable. Like 100-500k in a week maybe a few days. You should know they have no intention of paying back, I’m not arguing against banning him. I’m saying that this has gotten out of hand, we know you all want him gone but yet you want the money or anything to pay back. How might I ask will this help you if they’re banned?
The very reason we're asking for him to be banned is that the staff can't do anything to have him pay us back. Because it looks like we're not getting reimbursed any time soon, we think he should be temporarily banned for, say, 7 days so he doesn't repeat this. If it continues for another two months after he is let back on, then it could even be a perm ban.

Reactions: Gabbygytes

Optic

lykkee
lykkee
Jan 6, 2017
another server e.e
idontmind.com
He hardly plays anymore after the first ban, having only an hour and a half ar time just this month. A ban doesn’t need to happen every let’s say 2 weeks and so forth just because you never made your money back. He’s not even asked once again for loans, so what’s the need for the ban? Just to dismiss ‘me and say glad you played and scammed people looking for profit? Doesn’t seem right tbh

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
He hardly plays anymore after the first ban, having only an hour and a half ar time just this month. A ban doesn’t need to happen every let’s say 2 weeks and so forth just because you never made your money back. He’s not even asked once again for loans, so what’s the need for the ban? Just to dismiss ‘me and say glad you played and scammed people looking for profit? Doesn’t seem right tbh
The ban would be instituted to make a point. Instead of just having to pay money, he would actually lose server time. I guarantee you, bans make you rethink things. As a player who has made many mistakes in the past, and been banned on a good few servers, I can tell you that being banned changes your attitude towards a server in a significant way.

Reactions: Obsidian

Death

Mar 18, 2017
One hes too demotivated to play anyways. So if he plays or not anything he earns he loses it so their isnt much of a point for him to play. Second banning him doesnt do anything at all since its not like hes doing anything. If this player who so called scam doesnt return the cash and is in debt he likely wont be able to earn cash or is to demotivated to. Tho being a lawbreaker/criminal essentially scamming is part of roleplay. I bet every other player who would od the same would likely be demotivated if you have a ton of haters after you and being in debt of millions you will likely quit

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
Exactly what death said, his ban won’t help change him if he doesn’t even play. Like legit doesn’t help whatever point you’re trying to get across love.
If he's not playing anymore, then fine. But if he comes back and starts doing this again, I think he should be banned. I believe that we're misunderstanding each other. See, I think that he should be banned if he comes back AND refuses to work. If he doesn't come back, then, well, apparently it just sucks for the people who loaned the money. Because the server is incapable of compensating for that (Unsurprisingly), let's just assume that there IS a risk for loans, but it is also fair to ban people for constant scamming should they not be demotivated.

Optic

lykkee
lykkee
Jan 6, 2017
another server e.e
idontmind.com
Okay well seeing as he’s not even slightly interested in this server anymore what’s the use of this thread? And yeah server is incapable of just refunding the money because that’s atleast 2-3+ mil being added to the economy. If you desperately need the money just work like most everyone else. There’s no assuming there’s a risk for loans, there is one. Yes maybe a temp ban if they actually play but then they’ll just vanish and you won’t see any money or compensation come back to you, so the use of bans to just satisfy the need to get rid of some player who made a wrong is not right. Most players have been banned atleast once even warned, one being me. I have learned from my mistakes but there were also severe consequences due to that. Perhaps just let the guy go, we aren’t all perfect.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

ThatOneGuy4205

Jul 11, 2017
Never gonna tell, UK
The phrase "we aren't all perfect" isn't exactly a valid argument for wanting a player who loaned you money to give that money back plus whatever interest is added on, and whether they desperately need the money or not the player who gave Rek the money surely deserves it back especially if Rek is seemingly scamming people. Sure they could work for that money, the option is always there, but the idea of giving a loan to a player is that they pay it back one way or another, and working for the money that is owed to you defeats the whole purpose of giving someone a loan

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Stop it please, staff denied your request with their good reasons. Dont loan again or dont cry about it again

Reactions: Optic

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
Okay well seeing as he’s not even slightly interested in this server anymore what’s the use of this thread? And yeah server is incapable of just refunding the money because that’s atleast 2-3+ mil being added to the economy. If you desperately need the money just work like most everyone else. There’s no assuming there’s a risk for loans, there is one. Yes maybe a temp ban if they actually play but then they’ll just vanish and you won’t see any money or compensation come back to you, so the use of bans to just satisfy the need to get rid of some player who made a wrong is not right. Most players have been banned atleast once even warned, one being me. I have learned from my mistakes but there were also severe consequences due to that. Perhaps just let the guy go, we aren’t all perfect.
Wait, wait, wait. Did you just say, "Perhaps just let the guy go?" I think you don't really understand the situation here. Scamming 6 people and not stopping shows that the person isn't just "imperfect", as all of us are. It shows that they honestly don't care much about being sued as they have no intention of paying the money back. A temporary ban seems fair. An authoritative move, but not too harsh. Your point that nobody is perfect is, no offense, ludicrous. Please remember that I am referring to a player with many, many offenses, not just one. So please, stay relevant to this discussion here.

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
To be honest, I do agree with many of your points, @Optic. That being said, I'm a bit, well, intolerant of these kinds of players. They're what we call insufferable. They never learn unless action is taken. So either we let this continue and see if the demotivated player simply leaves, or a ban is put in place to add salt to the wound. Frankly, both work, but I would prefer the ban.

Optic

lykkee
lykkee
Jan 6, 2017
another server e.e
idontmind.com
They already have left that’s the thing. Like jazz said, staff denied this with their own reasons. Feel free to look at them and perhaps it’ll change your perspective. If not well this is why some people view it as a more toxic community now than it was before. We all are so quick to judge that we never actually see what the outcome will be. So by all means try for the ban, see where it gets you.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade
Status
Not open for further replies.