Make mobs spawn a bit more in /wild

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
True tho, sometimes mobs don't even spawn at all. The rates are very low and it seems since the 1.12 update that they are even lower. Makes the job hunter kinda useless. Make it twice as high and it would already be a lot better.

Reactions: Minty

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Its possible, I think it uses the spawn rate of movs per tick and the ticks can be increased. Or you can download a plugin for it, I was reasearching, I found one but its outdated and its version is 1.10. There is another method which might work is my increasing the mob spawn distance to how many chunks around the player. I think default is set as 8-10 chunks, idk if you edited it in the past but I think the cons of this would be more entity lag. Maybe try increasing the spawn distance around the player, and test it. I wouldnt suggest playing around to despawn certain mobs such as villagers or other mobs. Some players like me or me only idk, have plots/houses with villagers in them, no clue how it got in there but i bought the house that way and its really helpful to me.

Reactions: Powerfull

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I also suggest getting a Server Plugin Developer. I think Coban is in charge of like the ones on the website I think and adding stuff to the server. But in general if a budget is put aside to have a trusted developer make plugins for us. The server would be one, more unique, he can help code the plugins in. If im right I think its mostly nibble and coban who codes the plugins not too sure about the other staff members, i think theyre more on server side helping. It would also make the server have more unique features since if were the only one who has access to the plugin then it would put us in an advantage compared to other servers/ econ servers.

Well yeah basically we should hire a plugin developer to personally do plugins for us, McCities would have more unique features and since hes the dev, he can edit the plugin for us so it can fit in with how we want it for the server. I get it may increase the servers spending budget on plugins, but this may likely increase our player base as well as if more players come in, more people will likely purchase stuff on the store.

Reactions: Powerfull

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I also suggest getting a Server Plugin Developer. I think Coban is in charge of like the ones on the website I think and adding stuff to the server. But in general if a budget is put aside to have a trusted developer make plugins for us. The server would be one, more unique, he can help code the plugins in. If im right I think its mostly nibble and coban who codes the plugins not too sure about the other staff members, i think theyre more on server side helping. It would also make the server have more unique features since if were the only one who has access to the plugin then it would put us in an advantage compared to other servers/ econ servers.

Well yeah basically we should hire a plugin developer to personally do plugins for us, McCities would have more unique features and since hes the dev, he can edit the plugin for us so it can fit in with how we want it for the server. I get it may increase the servers spending budget on plugins, but this may likely increase our player base as well as if more players come in, more people will likely purchase stuff on the store.
Coban actually stated he is making a team so yeah. Also many event ideas have been given wich could really make the server more unique and I gave a simple but fun plugin idea to add more roleplay. I hope they handle it quick so that Cities has even more players in the mear future!

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Coban actually stated he is making a team so yeah. Also many event ideas have been given wich could really make the server more unique and I gave a simple but fun plugin idea to add more roleplay. I hope they handle it quick so that Cities has even more players in the mear future!
The event ideas, like parkour etc... isnt really that hard to make cause all of the, are pretty much ideas from other servers anyways. And theyre kind of common so you can easily pull out buckit plugins from the internet. I mean for more complicated plugins such as the gun plugins. If im correct the old gun plugin dev was Lugar I think. But yea it would be better to hire a server dev to make custom plugins for cities only and not distribute it to other individuals.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
The event ideas, like parkour etc... isnt really that hard to make cause all of the, are pretty much ideas from other servers anyways. And theyre kind of common so you can easily pull out buckit plugins from the internet. I mean for more complicated plugins such as the gun plugins. If im correct the old gun plugin dev was Lugar I think. But yea it would be better to hire a server dev to make custom plugins for cities only and not distribute it to other individuals.
I actually noticed some pretty unique ones. As some of myself too. And yeah some were just simple parcours or hide and seek :/