Mccities- A Major Problem Part 1

Glasshead

Apr 9, 2019
Hello Mccities patrons. This is the first part in my triple series on 3 major issues that mccities is currently facing. Whilst writing all of these, I understand that I will be getting a lot of hate. These opinions, while unpopular, I feel must be addressed. I will say now, that this account is simply an alt- as I feel using my true account would expose me to a lot of hatred an violence. This weeks edition is....

MANSION HORDING!!!

It has been ages since decent mansions have gone up unless on forsale. And as time progresses, it is becoming harder and harder to find mansions to buy for a reasonable price. This is rediculous. Smilinq placed up an ad for 15 mil for a mansion and got no offers. If it is getting to the point where 15 mil means nothing, inflation as will be discussed in part 2 of this series, is awful or there are people who just are hording mansions. Already mccities places restrictions on the amount of houses someone can own and I now feel that we must place a limit on the number of mansions. I am proposing, that a person can only have 3 mansions. To define mansions, I believe that this should be discussed on a public forum however I believe 40 by 40 or of equivalent area should be in the ball park.

Another solution would be the server regioning more mansions however I feel that this would just ensure that currently rich people who already horde mansions would feed on the ensuing onslaught of mansions.

In Summation, whilst I know that some people only have mansions for sentimental reasons and would not want to give it up, I believe it is more important to free up the market and allow mansions to be equally distributed.

Cya next week on my session on inflation

T

Trump15024

Hello Mccities patrons. This is the first part in my triple series on 3 major issues that mccities is currently facing. Whilst writing all of these, I understand that I will be getting a lot of hate. These opinions, while unpopular, I feel must be addressed. I will say now, that this account is simply an alt- as I feel using my true account would expose me to a lot of hatred an violence. This weeks edition is....

MANSION HORDING!!!

It has been ages since decent mansions have gone up unless on forsale. And as time progresses, it is becoming harder and harder to find mansions to buy for a reasonable price. This is rediculous. Smilinq placed up an ad for 15 mil for a mansion and got no offers. If it is getting to the point where 15 mil means nothing, inflation as will be discussed in part 2 of this series, is awful or there are people who just are hording mansions. Already mccities places restrictions on the amount of houses someone can own and I now feel that we must place a limit on the number of mansions. I am proposing, that a person can only have 3 mansions. To define mansions, I believe that this should be discussed on a public forum however I believe 40 by 40 or of equivalent area should be in the ball park.

Another solution would be the server regioning more mansions however I feel that this would just ensure that currently rich people who already horde mansions would feed on the ensuing onslaught of mansions.

In Summation, whilst I know that some people only have mansions for sentimental reasons and would not want to give it up, I believe it is more important to free up the market and allow mansions to be equally distributed.

Cya next week on my session on inflation
Thanks for the concern. Staff is currently working on the problem especially the hoarding issue.

ThatOneGuy4205

Jul 11, 2017
Never gonna tell, UK
If someone has one of more big-sized mansions then it's highly unlikely that they're going to want to sell it especially if they've owned it for a long time as that adds a sentimental factor into the whole thing. But equally distributing mansions? Not a chance. Players haven't worked hard for months to get those mansions just for them to be taken away because someone else doesn't have one, or that not enough are being sold or even because not enough mansions are being regioned. If you find a big enough plot, as I have before, then go nuts with building a mansion (as long as it conforms to city/plot standards) but don't expect everything to be given out equally because you haven't got something, that's not how things work on this server and (to my knowledge) they never have.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
getting a mansion takes time, but still very possible, mansions sell once every 2 weeks or so, be on the hunt for them, hoarding mansions is sure not good but most mansions are owned by players who have 1 or 2, they enjoy their mansions and use them often.

so when trump says the hoarding is an issue it concerns me, richer players may trade mansions in for something of value, but not money, as money has no real value other than buying you a mansion.

T

Trump15024

getting a mansion takes time, but still very possible, mansions sell once every 2 weeks or so, be on the hunt for them, hoarding mansions is sure not good but most mansions are owned by players who have 1 or 2, they enjoy their mansions and use them often.

so when trump says the hoarding is an issue it concerns me, richer players may trade mansions in for something of value, but not money, as money has no real value other than buying you a mansion.
Jazz you know what I mean. We all know there is an issue with the plot market atm and staff have listened to some suggestions are looking at ways to help this issue including as you saw the post regarding the hoarding of plots by inactive players who do not use the plots and let them sit there which is a server rule. If players are breaking server rules we have a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
The whole reason people hoard plots is because they're taking advantage of the inflation. They're too lazy to work for the money so they buy mansions and other stuff, just to let them sit afterwards. Mansions may be worth one thing one day, but they'll be worth twice as much not far down the road. Inflation is no joke and from what I can see observing the forums it's growing faster than ever before.

Example. About 9 months ago I was selling one of the biggest and nicest mansions on the server, I sold it for around 6 mill which was a steal for me. But now that same mansion is now worth around I'd say like 20 mill+. Not saying any names but if you paid attention to the sale, the person who bought it also owned many other big mansions and wasn't doing much with them. Coincidence?

Back in the first year of the city being released, 150-200k could get you the exact same stuff as what 1 mill could get you now.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Jazz you know what I mean. We all know there is an issue with the plot market atm and staff have listened to some suggestions are looking at ways to help this issue including as you saw the post regarding the hoarding of plots by inactive players who do not use the plots and let them sit there which is a server rule. If players are breaking server rules we have a problem.
Didn't say they should break rules, all I heard you say was "we know off this issue" Plot hoarding is not the problem, it's a product of a problem that is being ignored or not quite fixed.

People like working for their money, but when money isn't worth anything all you can either do is become the richest player on the server... or buy a mansion.

Regioning more plots would actually kinda solve the problem on short term, but as long as the problem, inflation, is not fixed this issue will only keep on appearing.

Inactive plot owners is a sensitive issue, as people try to hide behind the fact that they want to keep their memories on the server and this is true in a lot of the cases, but Inactive plot hoarders probably just try to keep their money or influence, why are they doing that? Inflation and boredom, a weird love for the server maybe? Idk

Jabu makes a great great great point :D I feel like I'm starting to just repeat him so yeah.

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
Here are the easiest ways that I have thought of to fix this problem. I know most of you won't like the majority of these, but it needs to be done. We lost the casual players years ago and with inflation it's making it harder and harder for newbies to join and stay because of how hard it is to start when everything costs millions of dollars.

Option A: Much stricter plot rules on inactivity. Plot resale timer moved to one month, must prove you're actually using said plot or it will be taken away. A new staff rank will be made for looking for plots that aren't being used and placing warnings on them. Cannot bypass the plot limit with alts, the alt will have the plots taken away to be put on sale

Option B: Plot taxes. With any plot being sold above the /as sell price, 10-20% of the profits from the sale will be taken away from the seller. If you own more than 5-10 plots you will receive a weekly tax on each of your plots above the 5-10 marker. The tax will be 10% of the /as sell price on each of your plots above the limit. If you fail to pay these taxes your over the limit plots will be taken away from you to be put on sale.

Option C: Partial Eco-Wipe. For every ten dollars you have, nine of those ten will be taken away from every player on the server. The money pool will be 10% of what it is now.

Conclusion: All of these options put together would solve the inflation problem if taken the right steps and done correctly.

For those of you who will be complaining that people will leave if a partial eco wipe will happens. There was a full eco wipe in the past, I was around when it happened, not that many people left anyways. It introduced many more people to the server than the small number of people that had left.

Edit: Also add some new things here and there for people to spend money on buying. eg. New expansions to the city, New cars, new guns, airsoft/pellet guns for roleplay, clothes/cosmetic items etc.

Last edited:

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Here are the easiest ways that I have thought of to fix this problem. I know most of you won't like the majority of these, but it needs to be done. We lost the casual players years ago and with inflation it's making it harder and harder for newbies to join and stay because of how hard it is to start when everything costs millions of dollars.

Option A: Much stricter plot rules on inactivity. Plot resale timer moved to one month, must prove you're actually using said plot or it will be taken away. A new staff rank will be made for looking for plots that aren't being used and placing warnings on them. Cannot bypass the plot limit with alts, the alt will have the plots taken away to be put on sale

Option B: Plot taxes. With any plot being sold above the /as sell price, 10-20% of the profits from the sale will be taken away from the seller. If you own more than 5-10 plots you will receive a weekly tax on each of your plots above the 5-10 marker. The tax will be 10% of the /as sell price on each of your plots above the limit. If you fail to pay these taxes your over the limit plots will be taken away from you to be put on sale.

Option C: Partial Eco-Wipe. For every ten dollars you have, nine of those ten will be taken away from every player on the server. The money pool will be 10% of what it is now.

Conclusion: All of these options put together would solve the inflation problem if taken the right steps and done correctly.

For those of you who will be complaining that people will leave if a partial eco wipe will happens. There was a full eco wipe in the past, I was around when it happened, not that many people left anyways. It introduced many more people to the server than the small number of people that had left.

Edit: Also add some new things here and there for people to spend money on buying. eg. New expansions to the city, New cars, new guns, airsoft/pellet guns for roleplay, clothes/cosmetic items etc.
I hope they finally get implemented,
though the house rule is tricky, as I will go on a holliday soon and don't want my stuff get taken away xd 2 months is perfectly fine, just resetting your timer isn't. Also idk what the usage of a plot would be. Just filling up chests with coal cuz you may need some in the future, would that count?

I discussed with Gjegevey that in order to stop inflation the server needs to shift the point of focus from making money, to roleplay. Roleplay is infinite, is more fun, attracts more players and creates less money. People can buy addons to their roleplay like cars, with money, but you don't earn money just to have more money or buy as many houses as possible.

and before staff goes crazy thinking jabu's partial eco wipe is the solution, it's not, its a Fix for the money surplus and it mostly hurts richer players, but this 'wipe' should only occur after actual gameplay changes are made that provide a better economic system where as I mentioned, making money is not the focus point.

Reactions: mabes

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
+
didn't discuss plot taxes cuz they are oke, I think if you have more than 10 plots you should just pay like 10% of your bal+bank a month with a basis tax of 100k a month, so that inactive players will be punished

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
+
Idk but sundae shared it in the staffteam I'll share it here asap, but fixing the apartment market is a very good start, cuz if people like their apartment more they will use it longer and be less needy of a house,

T

Trump15024

The whole reason people hoard plots is because they're taking advantage of the inflation. They're too lazy to work for the money so they buy mansions and other stuff, just to let them sit afterwards. Mansions may be worth one thing one day, but they'll be worth twice as much not far down the road. Inflation is no joke and from what I can see observing the forums it's growing faster than ever before.

Example. About 9 months ago I was selling one of the biggest and nicest mansions on the server, I sold it for around 6 mill which was a steal for me. But now that same mansion is now worth around I'd say like 20 mill+. Not saying any names but if you paid attention to the sale, the person who bought it also owned many other big mansions and wasn't doing much with them. Coincidence?

Back in the first year of the city being released, 150-200k could get you the exact same stuff as what 1 mill could get you now.
I agree if you want to hold a plot to gain value I would too. However, what I think everyone agrees with it 1) The plot should be at least being used and 2) You can't just be a player who logs on every 59 days for 1 minute to avoid it selling.

Option a/b sounds it could work
+
Idk but sundae shared it in the staffteam I'll share it here asap, but fixing the apartment market is a very good start, cuz if people like their apartment more they will use it longer and be less needy of a house,
Yep I agree that apartments and smaller houses should be more appealing to new players not saying what was suggested but @Smilinq had a nice idea on this.

lostinthewqrld

sebgotbanned
sebgotbanned
Oct 12, 2017
The Netherlands
This would be unfair regarding to the amount of work some people put into getting money on this server. A person with 100k will have 10k and a person with 100 mil will have 10 mil? This would be kinda unfair because it’s easy to get 90k to get back to the 100k but it’s not easy to get 90m to reach the 100m again. I totally agree on what you said, just not this part. I’d be furious if they take 9/10th of my money, because that’ll be 126 million, compared to a friend of mine: 16 million.

The other ideas are good tho!

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Oke so sundae you said the're about 1500 (I believe unrented) apartments, I now officially present my solution in more detail.
How to unregion the apartments of McCities

Step 1. Add taxes to McCities, this way the server gets a budget to proceed in step 2 and 3. These taxes shall not be announced until they have been put into actions first, as otherwise players like Death_Inferno or Neilio will be able to hide their money in stocks or blocks again.

The money could be transfered to a main staff account so it can be accesed easily. Then this money will be used in step 2.
The tax can be really low, only about 1% of everyone's bal and bank.
We are going to go with the lowest case scenario of 700m in the total running economy, aka the money that can be taxed. It might be more, but I am unable to know how much.

1% of 700m is 7M MCDollars. This is the first budget, these taxes could be once every 2 months or so, depending on how quickly the budget is used up.

Step 2!
The value of the apartments,
We can do 2 things, value apartments based on size (A lot of work) Or based on rent price (less work)
I have no formula for the size one, as I think rent price is good enough.

We do not buy back full skycrapers, that would cost too much. We just pay players money for unregioning their apartments, if these apartments do not meet the requirements that we can create for the newer style apartments of step 3/4.

Apartments rented for 250$ a week get 5 weeks of rent aka 1,25k
Aparments rented for 500-750$ a week get 5 weeks of rent, 2500$ or 3750$
Aparments of 1k a week get 4 weeks of rent, or 4k an apartment.

Now this would been a real problem to do without taxes, as we would create a lot of money, but now we just use money that's already in the system!

Step 3.
Set new requirements and make better rules. I was thinking, make it that restaurant, a 20x20 space, furniture, pool and seating area are needed. And the bigger the apartments the more requirements they have.

But these rules are only set in place so we can force apartment owners to sell their regions back to the server, as they will probably not meet the requirements.

Step 5.

Make your own, I think the server should own about 1/3 of the apartmentmarket in general. Having big beautifull apartment buidings for new players so that players can fully enjoy the apartments and don't want to have a house the second they join, it can really benefit the server.

It would help with a lot of issues and I hope you can take this into consideration and give some feedback

literally what I send to sundae a looong time ago idk read it trough it may be a lil outdated but still