Please take this consideration into account.

Sweetkeat

Dec 21, 2019
As I was banned recently, I reviewed the rules. I didn't agree with some of the rules and as did some of my friends( asked not to be named) on the server that said they wanted these rules changed, but were too scared because they might sound like they were complaining, or breaking the server disrespect rule, as SOME people streight up despise the following rules. This does not mean the server is bad and I quite enjoy playing on the server, but it's hard when the rules are loose and you fear getting banned every time you say something that might be considered server disrespect.
These are some of the rules that I myself as well as other Mccities players think need to be tweaked a little bit.
1.If you are given instruction by a staff member, you are to follow them.
I understand why this rule is in place, but according to it, we have to do whatever staff says, we do it. I think this a necessary rule, but I don't play online minecraft to play simon says.
2. No speaking any other language than English in global chat [Warning - Mute]
I understand how this could go south, bit this also means you are excluding non eglish speaking players from playing.
3.No messages with all caps, and you can't capitalize more than one word in your sentence
This one is very annoying and homestly, I get why its there, but some people use all caos to show excitement.

I've also been told by several players that they feel like players are not getting properly represented and staff kinda does what they want. I agree with this, and wish something could be done about it.

This isn't meant to tell the staff how to do thier job or complain, but is to make staff aware to what is happening because many belive this will get them banned for server disrespect, so they are silent and irritated.

Thanks-
Sweetkeat

Sweetkeat

Dec 21, 2019
I just realized my title says take this into consideration twice, and I apologize for that grammar malfunction.

Reactions: mabes

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
So ehm.
1. The rule is only really in place for little things like:
Drop this discussion because it's getting out of hand
Stop bothering this player they dont want to talk
Etc etc.
Rules that arnt exactly rules. You will not get perm banned for this (at least I havnt seen it happen yet) but it's in place so that staff can keep the server a nice place without us having to write down 2000 rules.

2. It's just in global. You can talk another language in /l or /msg. It's just in place so that staff can easily moderate chat and that our chat isnt spammed by Some random language which only 2 people online can understand.

3. Caps, just like keyspam is just annoying for the chat. Imagine someone screaming all the time. That's basically what caps is. You can do it for 1 word to Express yourself but if people start msging in full caps (btw this rule only applies in global chat) then everyone will just be annoyed.

I do need more like examples of how staff doesnt do what players want us to. Because generally if 2-3 players like a suggestion but it's impossible to implement or like the rest of the players dont like it then we ofc wont implement it.

Staff dont get paid and still try to do their best to be as active and helpful as possible. Ofcourse we also want to have fun at times but we dont implement new stuff just for ourselves. We are busy almost every day making the server more active and fun.

So I hope I cleared it up a little.

Greets
Jazz

Reactions: mabes

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
I agree with u sweetkeat with the caps one but the rules are here to keep the server nice, friendly and enjoyable for everyone. And you are not going to play Simon says with the staff if you follow the rules in the first place and the rules are pretty easy to follow and understand.

ayylmfao

jaypi0
jaypi0
Jan 29, 2017
Ireland
i honestly dont even know where to start
i dont know why you were banned but if i were to take a guess it was from arguing in global / disobeying staff orders

the reason you can't speak a different language in global is because some staff won't know if you're cussing them out in a different language

the staff one is pretty understandable.. as long as they give out a reasonable order and not something unfair

the caps one i agree with you on , i dont see why thats a rule either

mabes

Former Staff
Verified
mabelqines
mabelqines
Jun 12, 2018
Why is nobody talking about this?
“I've also been told by several players that they feel like players are not getting properly represented and staff kinda does what they want. I agree with this, and wish something could be done about it. ”

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Why is nobody talking about this?
“I've also been told by several players that they feel like players are not getting properly represented and staff kinda does what they want. I agree with this, and wish something could be done about it. ”
In what though, this still confuses me honestly.