Police

Should police be able to teleport within 150 blocks of criminals?

• Yes

• Yes, but with higher radius

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
Police currently doesn't have much of a merit, and it's one of those things we want to bring back.

One idea that has been brought up is that Police can teleport within 150 block radius of the player, leave a vote on if you think this should be a thing or leave a reply if you have any better ideas.

Here's the process for those who don't understand:

Police executes a command > Police is teleported 100 ~ 150 blocks away from the player > Player gets a warning that says "You hear the police siren" (or something like that) > The chase begins from there

The whole reason for the idea was that it can be hard and boring on police to chase after someone with the current conditions. Also, it's boring for roleplay if police take like 30 minutes to get to where you are.

Last edited:
T

Trump15024

Police currently doesn't have much of a merit as of now, and it's one of those things we want to bring back.

One idea that has been brought up is that Police can teleport within 150 block radius of the player, leave a vote on if you think this should be a thing or leave a reply if you have any better ideas.
I am not understanding what you are asking? Like they can /tpa someone or?

T

Trump15024

Totally was forgetting about rep stuff.. Possibly in the upcoming Halloween event.
ooh, I am so excited! Also, another idea kind of related to this how about to gain Halloween stuff you /vote to distribute it faster or something.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Police currently doesn't have much of a merit, and it's one of those things we want to bring back.

Here's the process for those who don't understand:

Police executes a command > Police is teleported 100 ~ 150 blocks away from the player > Player gets a warning that says "You hear the police siren" (or something like that) > The chase begins from there

The whole reason for the idea was that it can be hard and boring on police to chase after someone with the current conditions. Also, it's boring for roleplay if police take like 30 minutes to get to where you are.
Would be great! Thing is, couldn't this be abused in some way to get into player's houses? Also, the player the police tp to should get a message like 'the police are chasing you, run!'

Reactions: Powerfull

Marshmallowsmalk

Marshmallowsmalk
Marshmallowsmalk
May 19, 2017
Ireland
One point with this, if it takes 30 minutes, you can't even arrest the person xD
Otherwise this'd be really useful bc players can easily tp away to places, but there should be a short cooldown so you can't just spam it xD

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
I love the idea but i think that the police might abuse it by for example tp'ing in range of Nibble, then nibble runs away then the officer does it again 5 min later. If there is a limit of how many times they can use it on a specific player then yes this idea is great!

fvhn

Former Staff
Nov 26, 2016
I don't see how this will make everything easier.. When you get the message that a cop is going after you, the criminal will simply /as tp to his other regions. Nice cooldown on the command makes that you cannot go there. Surprising criminals is the best way to catch them, getting a message that they're after you will make it easier for them to escape and harder for the cops. If you're smart cop you can get everywhere within 5 minutes.

fvhn

Former Staff
Nov 26, 2016
You can disable /as tp for the criminals when they're getting chased, but if you do that you always forget one of the other ways to teleport away. If it takes the cop ages to catch the criminal or the cop has to afk, the criminal can't go on with his life. Criminals can also simply leave the server when they get that message. If you punish them when they leave, makes that when they really have to go away they're stuck on here. I don't know if its just me, but I hate games if you cannot leave whenever you want.
The problem is that, for newer cops, they may not know coords for places well, NewCity and Cayman. That and some places are pretty difficult to get to, such as islands and all.
Getting to islands isnt that hard either, just know how ;)

Reactions: Powerfull

Death

Mar 18, 2017
You can disable /as tp for the criminals when they're getting chased, but if you do that you always forget one of the other ways to teleport away. If it takes the cop ages to catch the criminal or the cop has to afk, the criminal can't go on with his life. Criminals can also simply leave the server when they get that message. If you punish them when they leave, makes that when they really have to go away they're stuck on here. I don't know if its just me, but I hate games if you cannot leave whenever you want.

Getting to islands isnt that hard either, just know how ;)
Fvhn is right on this id have to agree. I would have a teleport location near every island, once I was talking with my friend over on my island and fvhn comes swooping in, fvhn has like 3 boats in the sea so she knows the locations and has like memorized the city or something, but tbh this just makes it easier for the criminals.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
I don't see how this will make everything easier.. When you get the message that a cop is going after you, the criminal will simply /as tp to his other regions. Nice cooldown on the command makes that you cannot go there. Surprising criminals is the best way to catch them, getting a message that they're after you will make it easier for them to escape and harder for the cops. If you're smart cop you can get everywhere within 5 minutes.
I made a cop swim to outside the cayman ring, past jbrod. Took him awhile.

Reactions: Marshmallowsmalk