Public/Private System idea

T

Trump15024

On Aug 27, 2017, I made this suggestion: http://www.mccities.com/threads/expanding-mccities.5058/. Though the suggestion was not implemented due to the problems in the suggestion @Coban really had a good idea. Some other people liked this idea and in the past, I have made short suggestions about implementing this but it was not well put together. Here is what @Cobans idea was:

"I thought of implementing like a public & private kind of system, where millionaires can buy assets from subways to docks and markets and have them build it themselves, sell it etc.. Just the way it is with apartments and islands, but on a larger scale."

I think this idea is a great idea and should be implemented. Below is my suggestion on how to do this.

1) People who work hard for their money will be able to buy assets like Coban said such as docks, markets, subways, train tracks, beaches, markets, etc. Players will be able to buy these with their money with a plan that will decide if it will be private or public. The public option would be great for the server as it would these projects that would be used for the public which is a great idea. This is meaning that people who have money and resources to buy these things create them and use it for the public and servers benefits.
2) The players who buy the beaches, docks etc will use their money to build the builds they could hire a server arch so the plot will fit city standards. Many people who are good at planning could make some great things with this suggestion.
3) This suggestion will add many new roleplays, opportunities, and fun for the server and players.

I really hope this suggestion is implemented.

Reactions: Death

Death

Mar 18, 2017
On Aug 27, 2017, I made this suggestion: http://www.mccities.com/threads/expanding-mccities.5058/. Though the suggestion was not implemented due to the problems in the suggestion @Coban really had a good idea. Some other people liked this idea and in the past, I have made short suggestions about implementing this but it was not well put together. Here is what @Cobans idea was:

"I thought of implementing like a public & private kind of system, where millionaires can buy assets from subways to docks and markets and have them build it themselves, sell it etc.. Just the way it is with apartments and islands, but on a larger scale."

I think this idea is a great idea and should be implemented. Below is my suggestion on how to do this.

1) People who work hard for their money will be able to buy assets like Coban said such as docks, markets, subways, train tracks, beaches, markets, etc. Players will be able to buy these with their money with a plan that will decide if it will be private or public. The public option would be great for the server as it would these projects that would be used for the public which is a great idea. This is meaning that people who have money and resources to buy these things create them and use it for the public and servers benefits.
2) The players who buy the beaches, docks etc will use their money to build the builds they could hire a server arch so the plot will fit city standards. Many people who are good at planning could make some great things with this suggestion.
3) This suggestion will add many new roleplays, opportunities, and fun for the server and players.

I really hope this suggestion is implemented.
Well it is a good idea, since in real life private firms own things like resorts, malls etc...

The server dosent have much players contextually speaking as even the city is mostly empty. While it is a good idea, it seems more of a loophole to an island if it were to be made privatefor themselves. I think that it would be better to region facilities that would be owned by players and could be managed by them for example, a fishing area owned by a private company and is recognized by server staff as its a public facility. They could add another command to show a list of warps specifically for facilities. Using another command that should be added to tutorial. In these facilities there could be an entity such as Stinky Nc Gee like if its a fishing area. Anything fished can be sold to the entity placed. To make it fair to the firm owners, players get the full amount sold for example if a fish sold for 100, the player would get 105 if he fished in that area, and the firm owner would get only 50% of the cash or like 25% of it, to prevent an unlit money sort of thing. The player gets $105 and the owner gets 25% of it but the owner dosent get the "fish" and instead gets money. This would help increase both the player and the firm owner as they both get something out of it. The firm owner needs to earn less since if it were too high, then it can lead to a monopoly of him earning for example the Fisher sells a fish to the guy like a Pygmy Whale for 1k, then if the owner got 1k too it would be unfair since he did nothing. It should be fun at the same time give the firm owner some small cash like 25% of it. So if more players used the facility then the firm owner could earn more. Its a good idea but I would like to suggest to limit it to only public facilities that are owned by players or in other words the facility should be used for public and not personal or private use.

Reactions: Trump15024

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Only public. Private assets would be useless.

Think a variation to this idea would work great. As this idea can also make sure rich people spend more money and the money can go back into the system etc.

But I think staff and some well known players need to work this out a bit better. It wouldnt work this way. Not yet.

I am still thinkinggg

Reactions: Trump15024
T

Trump15024

I really hope this suggestion is implemented. This wouldn't require too much of the staff teams time because the players would be handling the construction and formation of the builds etc. Players who have the money to do it can really make some neat and very nice builds etc for the server that is owned by that player but used for the public use. Example players could buy beaches subways docks malls etc and players could enjoy it in a public setting. I think the public system is better like mentioned above and this suggestion can go way beyond what has been suggested such as malls etc. I think its a really good idea. Now if we would add a private system the players would have to pay more because its not being used for the public but that can be worked out.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
It sounds like a decent idea as we are trying to find more things for richer players to spend money on. @nibble ?
I suppose we are, although this could end up being another one of those things where people buy it to build beach house, etc for themselves.

Reactions: Powerfull
T

Trump15024

I suppose we are, although this could end up being another one of those things where people buy it to build beach house, etc for themselves.
I have a suggestion for that going back to the AjLand auction you said that if they are not doing what they promised then the property could be taken away. So my suggestion for that is if someone buys a beach or whatever and says it's for public use and they build a beach house for themselves and it's not being used for the public the minister of plots can give them a warning they have 14 days etc like the current system with city standards.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
I have a suggestion for that going back to the AjLand auction you said that if they are not doing what they promised then the property could be taken away. So my suggestion for that is if someone buys a beach or whatever and says it's for public use and they build a beach house for themselves and it's not being used for the public the minister of plots can give them a warning they have 14 days etc like the current system with city standards.
I don't see much incentive in buying something like this though, what would you buy a beach for that is required to be used for public use?

T

Trump15024

I don't see much incentive in buying something like this though, what would you buy a beach for that is required to be used for public use?
Well possibly a beach is something you could buy out of the list but I think if you were to be able to buy a beach, for example, you could have an arch to help you build it and have things like places to fish, natural areas players can explore, pools, possibly fishing shacks or condos (for looks or to rent), also more things to do and many other things I mean it is unlimited of what players and archs can create when they put their heads together what they can create.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Ugh, Nibble is right, but I think if you make like a regular supply of these things. (You start of with 10 and then 1 every 2 weeks or so idk)
You make everyone just bid for it 24 hours long. People know it will come regulary. You sell a person (and his alts) Only 1 of these. The people buying these regions/area's can't resell it without staff permissions.

You can choose like, Beaches, Small tropic Islands, (like smallll, Mansion sized) a fair, just 1 street. (they can build houses like restaurants on the side of the road but they just own the 1 road would be a funny concept :D )

Lake etc etc. All sorts of real life places you want to go to. (even a soccer field with everything on it)
Make stuff for everyone and sell it at random. People know when a Rich Treat will come but don't know what it is.

Something like this should work idk.

Gl :D

T

Trump15024

Ugh, Nibble is right, but I think if you make like a regular supply of these things. (You start of with 10 and then 1 every 2 weeks or so idk)
You make everyone just bid for it 24 hours long. People know it will come regulary. You sell a person (and his alts) Only 1 of these. The people buying these regions/area's can't resell it without staff permissions.

You can choose like, Beaches, Small tropic Islands, (like smallll, Mansion sized) a fair, just 1 street. (they can build houses like restaurants on the side of the road but they just own the 1 road would be a funny concept :D )

Lake etc etc. All sorts of real life places you want to go to. (even a soccer field with everything on it)
Make stuff for everyone and sell it at random. People know when a Rich Treat will come but don't know what it is.

I don't think we should add islands into this. This should just be public builds players can use that is build my players who have money to buy and own these public settings

Death

Mar 18, 2017

Lets not get side tracked, islands even mansion sized is another sore excuse of the community to get a island. Jazz I know you want an island but this is out of the way. Put priorities before wants. 10 is way too much facilities just sold at the same time. Its not also fair to limit a player to 1 facility since in real life a big firm can handle lots of multiple sub firms which also go well. I don't think it should be limited and not should be something money based. I would suggest having a minister for facilities if it were implemented as that minister would take charge of the facilities regioned, owned, complaints, things that require high staff perms to put an entity sell/buy shop. Entity sell or buy shop means right clicking a entity and a GUI will pop out and you can buy/sell. Problem is, most of the higher staff already administer a branch. I don't think everything suggested was a good idea such as a beach unless there's someway like an entrance ticket as it's not gonna really give the player a way to earn money. Being realistic a firm should earn money out of the bussiness it makes so if getting rents of buildings and properties/beach huts, it's no difference than just making a simple apt. I think it needs to be more essential like a restaurant, that sells for example (Western Food) or (Eastern Food) or (Fast Food) or (Bakery), something like that where players can tp to, just to make it look presentable a GUI will be used as its featured by server staff. The food as skull blocks would be shown and a presentable area, the earnings would go to the player, it could either work as an Unlimited supply but the player earns 25% or less of what a player buys it for but the customer pays for 100% of the price. For example a stack of Sandwitches cost 40 a piece so 40x64 is 2,560. So the player will pay 2560 to the entity or whatever is used to represent sell/buy. 25% or less maybe 10% just so the firms can't make too much money out of the bussiness from having an unlimited supply. If its 10% then the firm owner earns $256 a stack bought. If its 25% he earns $640 whichever sounds fair to make an efficient and non money monopoly making machine

Reactions: ItzJazzMade
T

Trump15024

I think the idea is being taken out of context. My idea was to simply make a system where players who have money and the resources to do this buy like something from the list such as market, mall, beach, docks etc and make it where the public and players can use it. I mean I guess players could make money from this but I don't want to focus to really be about keeping everything including money to your self I think it should be mostly for the public benefit

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Lets not get side tracked, islands even mansion sized is another sore excuse of the community to get a island. Jazz I know you want an island but this is out of the way. Put priorities before wants. 10 is way too much facilities just sold at the same time. Its not also fair to limit a player to 1 facility since in real life a big firm can handle lots of multiple sub firms which also go well. I don't think it should be limited and not should be something money based. I would suggest having a minister for facilities if it were implemented as that minister would take charge of the facilities regioned, owned, complaints, things that require high staff perms to put an entity sell/buy shop. Entity sell or buy shop means right clicking a entity and a GUI will pop out and you can buy/sell. Problem is, most of the higher staff already administer a branch. I don't think everything suggested was a good idea such as a beach unless there's someway like an entrance ticket as it's not gonna really give the player a way to earn money. Being realistic a firm should earn money out of the bussiness it makes so if getting rents of buildings and properties/beach huts, it's no difference than just making a simple apt. I think it needs to be more essential like a restaurant, that sells for example (Western Food) or (Eastern Food) or (Fast Food) or (Bakery), something like that where players can tp to, just to make it look presentable a GUI will be used as its featured by server staff. The food as skull blocks would be shown and a presentable area, the earnings would go to the player, it could either work as an Unlimited supply but the player earns 25% or less of what a player buys it for but the customer pays for 100% of the price. For example a stack of Sandwitches cost 40 a piece so 40x64 is 2,560. So the player will pay 2560 to the entity or whatever is used to represent sell/buy. 25% or less maybe 10% just so the firms can't make too much money out of the bussiness from having an unlimited supply. If its 10% then the firm owner earns $256 a stack bought. If its 25% he earns $640 whichever sounds fair to make an efficient and non money monopoly making machine
I was not going to buy a island that small lolz I am going and dreaming a living BIG :D Idk I just mentioned a bunch of stuff :/ didn't read the rest cuz.. PARAGRAPHS :D

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I think the idea is being taken out of context. My idea was to simply make a system where players who have money and the resources to do this buy like something from the list such as market, mall, beach, docks etc and make it where the public and players can use it. I mean I guess players could make money from this but I don't want to focus to really be about keeping everything including money to your self I think it should be mostly for the public benefit
I know what you mean and I'm saying it should earn money Realistically because its a firm or public facility. The public facility needs to earn money from it to support it, it shouldn't bring a players spendings down if he has to pay for all the expenses and earn nothing out of it. Its not a private thing so it should help the plot owner and also give benefits to player. I'm aiming on more of the benefit to both the player and plot owner. For example Gomall, its a public facility and it earns money through the mall stalls it had.