Runnerboro Building Permit Guide

knight3000

Verified
Sep 6, 2017
Runnerboro just pass a bill (With majority votes) which lets residents apply for building permits. This will help the island approve builds to go on owners plots. This also helps make the island more organized and keeps it all looking nice and in an orderly fashion.

How the Process works

If people want building permits they can contact a someone from the government. and they put a notice or a sign in front of there lot/house so we know that they want to build something new. Then a member of the government. Can go and inspect it and give it an ok or tell them what they need to change. After it is ok we will put a sign on the city owned portion of the property saying that your building has been approved. This is very similar to the process that they use Irl when people are applying for permits to build houses, buildings and such.

Examples below how they will look:

Permit Application:

https://imgur.com/a/7oznw

Permit Approval

https://imgur.com/a/k8Q0K

Note: it does not need to be on wool but if you can that would be awesome, because it would make it a lot easier for everyone.

@nibble and @Izzie if you could help us out with this that would be awesome :D

If anyone has any questions just drop a comment down below and I will me more than happy to answer it :D

Thanks Everyone!

Knight

North Governor Of Runnerboro

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
I feel like if a player wants to replace a house, they shouldn't have to get permission to do so. They might not like the house and may have only bought the plot so they could transfer a new build. But I like how builds have to be approved before they can transfer it.

Reactions: Powerfull

knight3000

Verified
Sep 6, 2017
I feel like if a player wants to replace a house, they shouldn't have to get permission to do so. They might not like the house and may have only bought the plot so they could transfer a new build. But I like how builds have to be approved before they can transfer it.
I understand what you are saying and its totally fine if a player buys a house just to rebuild, as long as they can replace it with something thats approved. All they have to do is just apply for permits and the new building should be approved if it meets city standards.

Reactions: Trump15024

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
I understand what you are saying and its totally fine if a player buys a house just to rebuild, as long as they can replace it with something thats approved. All they have to do is just apply for permits and the new building should be approved if it meets city standards.
But that takes a while does it not? When I was VP I asked to check over everyone’s transfers, that’s all. U can’t do anything about people building in survival except ask them to fix their house

knight3000

Verified
Sep 6, 2017
But that takes a while does it not? When I was VP I asked to check over everyone’s transfers, that’s all. U can’t do anything about people building in survival except ask them to fix their house
I understand but this system should work well once everyone is used to it. And it should not take to long.

_MehLife

Oct 31, 2017
sorry I did make a ban appeal it was just that it my holidays and i want to play on the server

AnonymousBro

AutoBans
AutoBans
Jul 20, 2017
Somewhere in the world :O
I don't think this is a good idea either, ppl may wanna get rid of a house on their plot cause they had it for too long... people need to have their own rights to transfer a build to their plot even tho you own the island.. you've made rules on what style they have to build.. no aprovals needed thats just useless.. a friend of mine even build something nice to get transfered to runnerboro and then they said no to it.. it looked better then all those wooden houses there -_-

LeanneTheUnicorn

SnowWhiteee
SnowWhiteee
Feb 18, 2017
TeaLand
Runnerboro just pass a bill (With majority votes) which lets residents apply for building permits. This will help the island approve builds to go on owners plots. This also helps make the island more organized and keeps it all looking nice and in an orderly fashion.

How the Process works

If people want building permits they can contact a someone from the government. and they put a notice or a sign in front of there lot/house so we know that they want to build something new. Then a member of the government. Can go and inspect it and give it an ok or tell them what they need to change. After it is ok we will put a sign on the city owned portion of the property saying that your building has been approved. This is very similar to the process that they use Irl when people are applying for permits to build houses, buildings and such.

Examples below how they will look:

Permit Application:

https://imgur.com/a/7oznw

Permit Approval

https://imgur.com/a/k8Q0K

Note: it does not need to be on wool but if you can that would be awesome, because it would make it a lot easier for everyone.

@nibble and @Izzie if you could help us out with this that would be awesome :D

If anyone has any questions just drop a comment down below and I will me more than happy to answer it :D

Thanks Everyone!

Knight

North Governor Of Runnerboro

@knight3000 and @Gabriel and @eatsmith this cannot be allowed. Regions on islands are like any other region in the game. Some new players who have a runnerboro plot might not even be aware that the forums is a thing, so this is not going to happen. At least discuss it with staff before people vote for it to happen. This is not going to take place on runnerboro, end of story.

T

Trump15024

@knight3000 and @Gabriel and @eatsmith this cannot be allowed. Regions on islands are like any other region in the game. Some new players who have a runnerboro plot might not even be aware that the forums is a thing, so this is not going to happen. At least discuss it with staff before people vote for it to happen. This is not going to take place on runnerboro, end of story.
We have notified upper staff and this is just our continued efforts to work with @nibble and @Izzie when they transfer a plot to make sure it fits city standards. If you have a problem with trying to implement city standards on Runnerboro then have the staff make a conversation with eatsmith, me, @knight3000, and @sundae22. Trying to end a system on Runnerboro that will help enforce city standards is not good and it will rather hurt the island than help. That being said we will continue to look at ways to work with staff to help put city standards on Runnerboro. The system is not being forced on people and it's a option that people can do when building to help the island plots looks nice I don't see a problem with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeanneTheUnicorn

SnowWhiteee
SnowWhiteee
Feb 18, 2017
TeaLand
We have notified upper staff and this is just our continued efforts to work with @nibble and @Izzie when they transfer a plot to make sure it fits city standards. If you have a problem with trying to implement city standards on Runnerboro then have the staff make a conversation with eatsmith, me, @knight3000, and @sundae22. Trying to end a system on Runnerboro that will help enforce city standards is not good and it will rather hurt the island than help. That being said we will continue to look at ways to work with staff to help put city standards on Runnerboro.
Making plots fit city standards are not the same as every person on the island needing permission to build. People make transfer requests for a reason, and if the build is not city standards then the higher staff will deny it.

T

Trump15024

Making plots fit city standards are not the same as every person on the island needing permission to build. People make transfer requests for a reason, and if the build is not city standards then the higher staff will deny it.
As me and @knight3000 have said many times this does not force people to do this new permit system. Just like with Bunny island before builds are transferred sundae22 has to look to make sure it fits city standards. People can choose to do this permit system or not but its encouraged so we can make sure builds fit city standards. We will continue to let people have this permit option to make plots on Runnerboro better. One island should not be allowed to check plots and we cant. Runnerboro would like equal chances to make sure that builds fit city standards.

LeanneTheUnicorn

SnowWhiteee
SnowWhiteee
Feb 18, 2017
TeaLand
As me and @knight3000 have said many times this does not force people to do this new permit system. Just like with Bunny island before builds are transferred sundae22 has to look to make sure it fits city standards. People can choose to do this permit system or not but its encouraged so we can make sure builds fit city standards. We will continue to let people have this permit option to make plots on Runnerboro better. One island should not be allowed to check plots and we cant. Runnerboro would like equal chances to make sure that builds fit city standards.
You could just ask staff to so this rather then passing a new 'bill' for 50 plots