runnerboro improvements

nohomie

Verified
kirspy
kirspy
Citizen
Jul 9, 2017
I would have commented directly in the election thread but its probably a good idea to have started a new one anyways. i feel like i need to preface this and say i'm certainly not trying to cause drama, but I do have a building there on a main street and i'm curious if someone from the government(trump, lava, etc) could elaborate on what some of the on going projects to improve runnerboro are? i have seen some transfers of new private buildings but I dont see whats been being done to improve the quality of the island for the residents there overall. wasnt there a boardwalk or something being built? are there any plans for a shopping mall or some kind of community recreation center or nature park? has there ever been discussion of creating a public warp to the island, we should certainly at least build an airport?

this is to be constructive criticism but from a residents perspective it does seem like often ideas are floated but things do not seem to be developing there, but perhaps this has simply to do with lack of communication from the government. if i may suggest, perhaps there needs to be a community liaison between the government and the islands population to keep the public updated on government projects and to bring community concerns up to the government in an appropriate manner as opposed to some the bickering on the forums that has taken place? if one of the current government members does not have time to do this I would be happy to assume the role or suggest we elect someone to the position of doing so. this role should really be someone who doesn't have control in the decisions of the government however as to keep an unbiased and uninfluenced flow of information of one side over the other. if i recall correctly I believe that talk of senators being elected in the next election for different regions of the island? I believe a community liaison could be implemented sooner under the current government but if not done now it should certainly be considered when that next election comes around.

all and all I see runnerboro as one of the nicest islands currently over all and it is certainly not in shambles like some of the others which I will not name, but more could certainly be getting done if the government and the public worked more openly together. otherwise, what really is the point of the role play in having a government when the only people participating and knowing what is going on are the few elected officials who were lucky enough to win the monopoly of those positions? we all can certainly see how a non-transparent government can hurt economies and communities in real life, why should we make these same mistakes in game?

thank you for reading,

Kirspy

CEO of MOM COM
Mother Communications Company

Head of Research and Development
MC Ventures Touring Company

nohomie

Verified
kirspy
kirspy
Citizen
Jul 9, 2017
Also, I probably should have put this in general discussions.... could an admin be so kind to move it for me? :)

T

Trump15024

I would have commented directly in the election thread but its probably a good idea to have started a new one anyways. i feel like i need to preface this and say i'm certainly not trying to cause drama, but I do have a building there on a main street and i'm curious if someone from the government(trump, lava, etc) could elaborate on what some of the on going projects to improve runnerboro are? i have seen some transfers of new private buildings but I dont see whats been being done to improve the quality of the island for the residents there overall. wasnt there a boardwalk or something being built? are there any plans for a shopping mall or some kind of community recreation center or nature park? has there ever been discussion of creating a public warp to the island, we should certainly at least build an airport?

this is to be constructive criticism but from a residents perspective it does seem like often ideas are floated but things do not seem to be developing there, but perhaps this has simply to do with lack of communication from the government. if i may suggest, perhaps there needs to be a community liaison between the government and the islands population to keep the public updated on government projects and to bring community concerns up to the government in an appropriate manner as opposed to some the bickering on the forums that has taken place? if one of the current government members does not have time to do this I would be happy to assume the role or suggest we elect someone to the position of doing so. this role should really be someone who doesn't have control in the decisions of the government however as to keep an unbiased and uninfluenced flow of information of one side over the other. if i recall correctly I believe that talk of senators being elected in the next election for different regions of the island? I believe a community liaison could be implemented sooner under the current government but if not done now it should certainly be considered when that next election comes around.

all and all I see runnerboro as one of the nicest islands currently over all and it is certainly not in shambles like some of the others which I will not name, but more could certainly be getting done if the government and the public worked more openly together. otherwise, what really is the point of the role play in having a government when the only people participating and knowing what is going on are the few elected officials who were lucky enough to win the monopoly of those positions? we all can certainly see how a non-transparent government can hurt economies and communities in real life, why should we make these same mistakes in game?

thank you for reading,

Kirspy

CEO of MOM COM

Hey, I am not really sure where your plot is on Runnerboro so I will have to check in game. But yeah we do have some updates and idk if you noticed them or if your plot is near it but we just recently added a new amusement park, a new beach, we have a new gated neighborhood which we should start selling the plots this week, we are now welcoming new companies to Runnerboro, boat plots are going to be regioned soon, more skyscrapers, and more updates we are going to keep private for now. So where your plot is from where you describe is the city of Runnerboro meaning that the city is surrounded by houses and the way its set up the government does not own much land in that area as that's more for private builds. However, the government does updates and projects on land there is usually not near skyscrapers as an ocean or lake is not going to look good in the middle of tall buildings. Most updates you will see on the outskirts of the island so if you want a build that can directly see the amusement park or beach you could ask players to buy a build near that area. Thanks for the post and if you need any more info you can message one of us on forums, discord, or in game. We also have a public Discord and I appreciate you recognizing that Runnerboro is a nice island and some are in very worse conditions. Also in the past we have made updates on forums but many people were saying it was spammy so we had to stop doing that but I agree we should start back giving frequent updates. Thank you for the suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:

Death

Mar 18, 2017

thank you for reading,

Kirspy

CEO of MOM COM

There are currently only a few public islands atm, some are eithere being slowly unregioned to be redone or turned into a private island but some examples i would name would be bob island undeadland. The current public islands that are run by players atm is star-city, runnerboro and bunny. Some other smaller ones would be like kremesville, besides this some are also owned by the owner of mccities kiri, such as centeral-city. Im sorry if some of the other island may have been in shambles but not all islands are managed by players as some are mccities owned and majority of us have no control over it some to name is austrum and amber island, jbroad island is soon to be unregioned in the near future i believe but the bigger islands like austrum arent so bad in terms of the plots there and location but has little to no management and projects that are done on it. As you stated, runnerboro had a slight unregioning in the past few months to make way for new plots and projects. I am in no part of the government but I think that some new features are likely to be in placed in the near future whenever that might be. If you have any questions regarding islands, you can consult me. And ill happily address your questions.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

jazz450

jazz450
jazz450
Nov 25, 2016
houston, texas
I agree with this. I think the plots on runnerboro should be more evenly spaced out, so that the roads aren’t wack. also: the roads; they are wack. (currently getting a transfer) my plot is fay4, and I’ve noticed that some of the plot houses don’t have walls, roofs, or are poorly built in general. also, the mock-whitehouse owned by trump? wth? that flag is so flat xd

Reactions: ItzJazzMade
T

Trump15024

I agree with this. I think the plots on runnerboro should be more evenly spaced out, so that the roads aren’t wack. also: the roads; they are wack. (currently getting a transfer) my plot is fay4, and I’ve noticed that some of the plot houses don’t have walls, roofs, or are poorly built in general. also, the mock-whitehouse owned by trump? wth? that flag is so flat xd
We don't have control of privately owned plots. If you see a plot that does not fit city standards contact staff.