Sadly leaving

ThatOneGuy4205

Jul 11, 2017
Never gonna tell, UK
Hey everyone

I'm Josh, currently 19 years old and studying a university-level course in Computer Science, something that until August I didn't think I was going to do again after failing a similar course at a different university last year

I first joined the server in July of 2017 without properly researching what the server was about, what goes on within the server etc, I was just going in blind to try and find a good city-based server as I had been searching for the right one for weeks. I joined, had literally no idea what to do or any idea about the mechanics and logistics of the server, and spent most of my first day on the server spamming the chat with a ton of questions as many new players might do when joining for the first time.

It wasn't long, maybe a month or so, before I started to play more and make some real progress on the server, making my way up through the ranks, getting a ton of money and eventually developing skills in buying/selling properties which slightly helped me to make more money and make more progress especially if I built properties myself which I have done a few times.

I remember when my first property finally got transferred, I was very pleased that something I'd put more than a shred of effort into had been recognised and had something done about it. Since then I've only had a few more properties transferred but I've put more and more effort into each one, even building a house specifically for Leanne for the server which is how I got the plot to build my first mansion on which I still live in.

So much has happened on this server since I joined, good and bad, such as when several of us nearly got banned for arguing with a supposedly Christian player about the rights and wrongs of, to put it in a different way, the love between two men. Admittedly there have been times where I just hurled insults and abuse at players just because I was (and still am) bad at pvp or I was arguing with them about pointless matters that really didn't have any merit being on the server, and while I don't want to name any of the players (mostly because almost all of them left ages ago) I want to sincerely apologise for what I said even if it is months late and doesn't really mean anything. I've witnessed certain staff members (none of the current staff though) straight up ignore players either in game or on the forums and degrade the reputation of other players simply because they were in a higher position and supposedly thought they had the authority to do what they wanted without anyone finding out about it, which is just downright despicable. Again I'm not naming any names but you know who you are.

But then there's been so, so many good things happen on the server. I've watched many players I've been friends with climb the ranks to become staff themselves, or teachers, or architects, or junior/senior officers as well as Chief. I've seen players have good fortune come onto them in ways such as getting free properties, money and so on. Countless times I've witnessed players help each other out in so many ways and be extremely grateful for it in the chat which is just amazing, and it's that community element of the server that I love most of all and that I'll miss the most. I've seen some good updates to the server (forgot quite a lot of them too xD) that have improved the server as a whole and the reason that it's still played on by players.

As a general note I'd like to thank the following players ;

@sundae22
@LeanneTheUnicorn
@Powerfull
@Individuall
@ItzJazzMade
@JustYourCasual
@laggynab
@MehLife
@knight3000
@CreeperCJG
@Death
@DelicateBean
@Trump15024
@Turkey
@Laurel
@Tricoh
@Izzie
@Minty

Thank you to you all for doing whatever you did that I've seen to make my experience on this server the best that it could possibly be, I'm so grateful. Now I can 100% focus on my course and my music project and put a ton of effort into both to make sure they're the best they can possibly be

I'll be online for a couple of days while I shift all the stuff I own as well along with my houses and properties. I might still be active here on the forums for a while though so all is well for now

I'll be back soon

Peace

laggynab

laggynab
laggynab
Oct 25, 2016
maldives
I hope that you come back after 3 years! :D We will try to wait for you :D Be safe ok :)? Do not let drugs or drinks lead you astray in life D: If something bad happens, and you start getting addicted, you might never come back :( We are waiting :( so you better come back safe :(