Slimefun Cargo Input Nodes non-functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
If this helps any, this has been my experience with input node failure. Maybe some of this information can helpful for debugging.
  • I've noticed that input nodes tend to fail when they are attached to a Slimefun machine which hasn't been used in awhile. For example, I had a couple of stacks of Carbon Presses which hadn't been used in a couple of days. The next time I tried to use them, I found that all 6 input nodes were broken. I also discovered the same problem with input nodes attached to some automatic crafting chambers which hadn't been used for awhile--all input nodes had failed. On the other hand, I've rarely experienced the input nodes breaking on machines/systems which run almost non-stop, like on my auto dust sifter systems which are almost always running. So, in my experience, most of the input node failures occur when they haven't been used regularly.
  • I've also noticed that the input nodes tend to fail in groups in the same area. For example, my base has many floors. I've noticed in the past that all my input nodes had failed in the same 5x5 area, extending vertically through all the floors. So, any input nodes in those same coordinates on each floor were broken.

All in all, I've probably had to replace at least 50 input nodes over the past month or so. I've only ever had 1 machine break on me, which was an Electric Ore Grinder. I've never experienced any issues with the output nodes. Hopefully the problem can be solved soon. I have to agree with @wolfcry1000 that this issue is a real de-motivator to play on the server. I've gotten into the habit of constantly checking my input nodes because they fail so routinely and for no reason, which can be a huge inconvenience when you have large Slimefun systems. It also takes time and resources to have to be crafting so many new input nodes.

wolfcry1000

Aug 21, 2017
Generally, I can corroborate @runrebelsrun observation that input nodes fail for devices that are temporarily dormant. I have a furnace in constant operation and the input node on that hasn't failed.

My single machine break was also an Electric Ore Grinder. Not enough data points to assure whether this is a pattern or a coincidence, but something you may want to look into.

@nibble and @TheDiamondTiger let us know if we can be of any help.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
If this helps any, this has been my experience with input node failure. Maybe some of this information can helpful for debugging.
  • I've noticed that input nodes tend to fail when they are attached to a Slimefun machine which hasn't been used in awhile. For example, I had a couple of stacks of Carbon Presses which hadn't been used in a couple of days. The next time I tried to use them, I found that all 6 input nodes were broken. I also discovered the same problem with input nodes attached to some automatic crafting chambers which hadn't been used for awhile--all input nodes had failed. On the other hand, I've rarely experienced the input nodes breaking on machines/systems which run almost non-stop, like on my auto dust sifter systems which are almost always running. So, in my experience, most of the input node failures occur when they haven't been used regularly.
  • I've also noticed that the input nodes tend to fail in groups in the same area. For example, my base has many floors. I've noticed in the past that all my input nodes had failed in the same 5x5 area, extending vertically through all the floors. So, any input nodes in those same coordinates on each floor were broken.
All in all, I've probably had to replace at least 50 input nodes over the past month or so. I've only ever had 1 machine break on me, which was an Electric Ore Grinder. I've never experienced any issues with the output nodes. Hopefully the problem can be solved soon. I have to agree with @wolfcry1000 that this issue is a real de-motivator to play on the server. I've gotten into the habit of constantly checking my input nodes because they fail so routinely and for no reason, which can be a huge inconvenience when you have large Slimefun systems. It also takes time and resources to have to be crafting so many new input nodes.
I can collaborate with that, all the input nodes on my dust farm - electric motor maker broke when it was in disrepair for some time. I don't have much experience with multi leveling machines (I usually build them at my friends base). This is the main reason I've been taking a big break from slimefun (that and a lack of resources). I haven't done much experimenting with this and I hope you both continue with this work. I'll turn try to experiment more with them in the near future when I have built up my stockpiles again.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Hey @nibble and @TheDiamondTiger, any progress with this issue? I took a break for a while and am coming back hoping this is resolved so I can restart the automated factories I worked so hard to manufacture.
Hey btw bumping omd threats is not allowed :/

Fun to see a older post but tiger has kinda quitted the server and slimefun machines still break over time. But now you can make a bugg report and get the items returned. Slimefun is really complex so it breaking is not really fixable. :(

Welcome back to the server and maybe read the rules as Automated farms are not allowed so maybe check it with staff too!!

wolfcry1000

Aug 21, 2017
Hey btw bumping omd threats is not allowed :/

Fun to see a older post but tiger has kinda quitted the server and slimefun machines still break over time. But now you can make a bugg report and get the items returned. Slimefun is really complex so it breaking is not really fixable. :(

Welcome back to the server and maybe read the rules as Automated farms are not allowed so maybe check it with staff too!!
Hey, I'm not understanding what you are saying.

Did you mean bumping old threads is not allowed? You mean I'm not allowed to reply to a prior thread that hasn't been answered? if so, why?

Good to know that a bug report will get the items returned. I'll figure out how to do that.

I'm not sure why the code isn't fixable. All code is fixable...just needs the talent to figure it out.

My poor communication...I'm not making an automated farm in the sense of something that uses a lot of resources while I'm away. I'm just referring to the basic slimefun functionality of electric-powered mechanisms and cargo management...so slimefun working the way it was designed to work. Is this not allowed? If it isn't allowed, why are these abilities included in slimefun in the first place?

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Hey, I'm not understanding what you are saying.

Did you mean bumping old threads is not allowed? You mean I'm not allowed to reply to a prior thread that hasn't been answered? if so, why?

Good to know that a bug report will get the items returned. I'll figure out how to do that.

I'm not sure why the code isn't fixable. All code is fixable...just needs the talent to figure it out.

My poor communication...I'm not making an automated farm in the sense of something that uses a lot of resources while I'm away. I'm just referring to the basic slimefun functionality of electric-powered mechanisms and cargo management...so slimefun working the way it was designed to work. Is this not allowed? If it isn't allowed, why are these abilities included in slimefun in the first place?
yes, please don't bump old threads. old threads are ones that haven't been replied to in 1+ months

Status
Not open for further replies.