Not open for further replies.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
Do you have any examples of those new and creative ideas?
Yes, for example loaning with interest. Ofcourse the the only one i can think of atm. I also came up with a better name for the idea, licensing. You have to have a license to be able to do etc. The one listed above is the only example i have atm, since new and creative ideas arent easily attained nowadays.

T

Trump15024

I have 1 example

For example, my first example is Lavas loaning company you know how they had packages like gold silver etc the copyright could be: Copyright owned by Mc Loan Group the copyright is the use of compounds on the periodic table to classify individuals into categories based on how much money you can be loaned and how much your interest rate would be. That is an example of a unique idea since they used elements on he periodic table to classify loans

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I have 1 example

For example, my first example is Lavas loaning company you know how they had packages like gold silver etc the copyright could be: Copyright owned by Mc Loan Group the copyright is the use of compounds on the periodic table to classify individuals into categories based on how much money you can be loaned and how much your interest rate would be. That is an example of a unique idea since they used elements on he periodic table to classify loans
As I stated you can make a courtcase if someone copies something like this exactly and put it under a new name. So the stress of making it copyrighted? I mean nobody was copying the specific loan system.
(Also very hypocrtie considering you opend your own bank 2 days after with someone elses name.. smh)

Yes, for example loaning with interest. Ofcourse the the only one i can think of atm. I also came up with a better name for the idea, licensing. You have to have a license to be able to do etc. The one listed above is the only example i have atm, since new and creative ideas arent easily attained nowadays.
As sundae stated. If it's too complex to add it in real life, why would it be in a 'childrens' game? You can make a courtcase for these sort of things. Yours failed. Better luck next time.

So last post as staff showed their opinion.

(Oh yeah, unicorns are super duper nice thats why I want them added. I am sorry I give many ideas and not all meet your 'standards' but the fact that you can't come up with one example except ... unicorns... I mean face it this bird didn't fly but I am not attacking YOU)
Thanks for your time ;)

T

Trump15024

As I stated you can make a courtcase if someone copies something like this exactly and put it under a new name. So the stress of making it copyrighted? I mean nobody was copying the specific loan system.
(Also very hypocrtie considering you opend your own bank 2 days after with someone elses name.. smh)

As sundae stated. If it's too complex to add it in real life, why would it be in a 'childrens' game? You can make a courtcase for these sort of things. Yours failed. Better luck next time.

(Oh yeah, unicorns are super duper nice thats why I want them added. I am sorry I give many ideas and not all meet your 'standards' but the fact that you can't come up with one example except ... unicorns... I mean face it this bird didn't fly but I am not attacking YOU)
Thanks for your time ;)
Your not getting the point. I or anyone can open a bank but it’s how the service that is not owned by anyone is distributed. Loans is not owned by anyone. However, if someone comes up with a unique way of providing the service then that should be protected. Yes you can always make a court case but there is no protections for unique ideas. The purpose of this suggestion is to have a process so there won’t have to be court cases

Neilio_Xtreme

Neilio_Xtreme
Neilio_Xtreme
Oct 10, 2017
Your not getting the point. I or anyone can open a bank but it’s how the service that is not owned by anyone is distributed. Loans is not owned by anyone. However, if someone comes up with a unique way of providing the service then that should be protected. Yes you can always make a court case but there is no protections for unique ideas. The purpose of this suggestion is to have a process so there won’t have to be court cases
Gotta agree with gabe on this one, since the idea has specific detail and doesn't try to encompass an entire industry/market. It also explicitly states what it's protecting (Loans that have packages named after elements on the periodic table.) Make sure to give the next post a good read. (It's long so it require approval lol, but it details a specific plan for handling this sort of thing.)

Reactions: Trump15024

Neilio_Xtreme

Neilio_Xtreme
Neilio_Xtreme
Oct 10, 2017
MCCities Claims and Patents:

Claims and Patents are used to protect new, unique ideas or designs. The purpose of this is to promote the use/contribution of unique ideas while appropriately rewarding those who come up with them.

Claims - Primarily used to protect intellectual rights or in other words ideas. These ideas are not typically physical or tangible themselves, however they may or may not affect physical things on the server. These ideas must by wholly unique, as in you are the first to bring this to light. Proof (if applicable) helps but is not required. If someone believes they have come up with an idea originally or can prove that they have been using the idea in the past, a court case with appropriate proof may be brought forth.
Examples include newspapers that use /library to distribute or classifying loan packages by elements on the periodic table.

Patent - Primarily used to protect physical contraptions, machines, and designs. These ideas can be produced physically, typically using a particular configuration of blocks/objects in order to achieve an explicit result. A successful patent should describe how the blocks are laid out, how they interact, and what the goal of the system/design is. In other words, Machine A is created by placing X,Y, and Z in this specific way. X does this to Y, while Z is used to collect the product. Machine A is designed to produce ______. Like Claims, the design should be completely unique and involve a few degrees of integration/creativity in order to claim uniqueness. For example, redstone clocks have been around a long time and are relatively simple. This may not be claimed, however they may be a key part of your design. Typically unique designs involve combining 2 or more systems (like redstone & slimefun items) that normally wouldn't be used together but now can be through use of a specific placement or the introduction of additional factors, like water or an infused hopper.

A Claim or Patent would not come for free. It should incur a cost to apply for, whether or not it's approved. This would mimic how it's done irl. Something like 20k or 25k would be high enough to keep everyone from submitting claims willy-nilly while still establishing legitimacy for successful patents. Upon approval, the Claim or Patent owner could receive a written book or something approving their claim, possibly with an appropriate number on it as a way to show authority in a situation where they're asking someone to stop using an idea/design. A section of the forums could house all of the approved applications, assigning a number (0001, then 0002, etc.) to the successful ones.

Licenses could be handed out by claim owners in the form of written books. A standard format should be established for these, something like "I, _____, as the owner of patent/claim _____ allow (player) to use this patent/claim until this date ____." Times and price could be negotiated between players, however a patent owner could choose to give a license with an unlimited duration or give one for free. Only original licenses would be valid.
Violations of Claims or Patents could be handled by court cases (maybe their own section of cases, as the American justice system has its own claims court) that could be overseen by a group of objective players (to avoid putting more work on staff's plate) chosen by staff or even voted on by the server. However nice voting seems though every time it seems like there's issues with fraud, so maybe staff choose a Copyright Council every two months or so. Penalties for violating a patent or claim could come with a flat fee, say 10k or something, along with a scaling fee based on how profitable the claim is. This could be determined by how much the idea/designs makes in income per week, multiplied by the amount of weeks the patent has been approved for. This makes it a bigger offence in violating claims that have been around for longer and should be more widely-known. If an idea/design doesn't have income of sorts (say it's a signature design feature in a building or is the name of something) then the flat fee will be sufficient. As always settling out of court is an option.

What do y'all think of that?

T

Trump15024

Claims and Patents are used to protect new, unique ideas or designs. The purpose of this is to promote the use/contribution of unique ideas while appropriately rewarding those who come up with them.

Claims - Primarily used to protect intellectual rights or in other words ideas. These ideas are not typically physical or tangible themselves, however they may or may not affect physical things on the server. These ideas must by wholly unique, as in you are the first to bring this to light. Proof (if applicable) helps but is not required. If someone believes they have come up with an idea originally or can prove that they have been using the idea in the past, a court case with appropriate proof may be brought forth.
Examples include newspapers that use /library to distribute or classifying loan packages by elements on the periodic table.

Patent - Primarily used to protect physical contraptions, machines, and designs. These ideas can be produced physically, typically using a particular configuration of blocks/objects in order to achieve an explicit result. A successful patent should describe how the blocks are laid out, how they interact, and what the goal of the system/design is. In other words, Machine A is created by placing X,Y, and Z in this specific way. X does this to Y, while Z is used to collect the product. Machine A is designed to produce ______. Like Claims, the design should be completely unique and involve a few degrees of integration/creativity in order to claim uniqueness. For example, redstone clocks have been around a long time and are relatively simple. This may not be claimed, however they may be a key part of your design. Typically unique designs involve combining 2 or more systems (like redstone & slimefun items) that normally wouldn't be used together but now can be through use of a specific placement or the introduction of additional factors, like water or an infused hopper.

A Claim or Patent would not come for free. It should incur a cost to apply for, whether or not it's approved. This would mimic how it's done irl. Something like 20k or 25k would be high enough to keep everyone from submitting claims willy-nilly while still establishing legitimacy for successful patents. Upon approval, the Claim or Patent owner could receive a written book or something approving their claim, possibly with an appropriate number on it as a way to show authority in a situation where they're asking someone to stop using an idea/design. A section of the forums could house all of the approved applications, assigning a number (0001, then 0002, etc.) to the successful ones.

Licenses could be handed out by claim owners in the form of written books. A standard format should be established for these, something like "I, _____, as the owner of patent/claim _____ allow (player) to use this patent/claim until this date ____." Times and price could be negotiated between players, however a patent owner could choose to give a license with an unlimited duration or give one for free. Only original licenses would be valid.
Violations of Claims or Patents could be handled by court cases (maybe their own section of cases, as the American justice system has its own claims court) that could be overseen by a group of objective players (to avoid putting more work on staff's plate) chosen by staff or even voted on by the server. However nice voting seems though every time it seems like there's issues with fraud, so maybe staff choose a Copyright Council every two months or so. Penalties for violating a patent or claim could come with a flat fee, say 10k or something, along with a scaling fee based on how profitable the claim is. This could be determined by how much the idea/designs makes in income per week, multiplied by the amount of weeks the patent has been approved for. This makes it a bigger offence in violating claims that have been around for longer and should be more widely-known. If an idea/design doesn't have income of sorts (say it's a signature design feature in a building or is the name of something) then the flat fee will be sufficient. As always settling out of court is an option.

I think this is a great idea. @nibble

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano

I like it.

Thanks for your time ;)
Luckily it's a game and isn't too complex to use, court cases take more time it would be much better if such a rule/concept was applied rather than having to court case everything.

I want to ask a favor of you, you do realize all you ever said on this thread is either about hypocrisy, throwing shade about a lost case and not even contributing to the growth of this suggestion. You're simply posting negative replies with no end to them and no improvements, thankfully I've been in this situation before with people that did what you're doing right now. So I'm going to be the grown up here and try to ignore your pointless replies. Simply due to the fact that you're not trying to contribute to this idea and just here to create more drama like you always do. Anyhow, I'm done with this and would like to say that my time replying to you was a waste unforatantley.
Thanks for nothing I guess.

@nibble
@Neilio_Xtreme 's idea is great, if you approve on it I would love to add on a couple small details.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
Its nice to see that at least a couple of people understand what the point of this suggestion is.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Jeez lol don’t know if I wanna read all this, but the main idea me cp and lava had first was like loaning and having something as collateral, and then we decided to make some small profit from the system to have a interest rate.

As most players usually loan for like what 100k and pay them back the same thing.

I don’t mind other companies having their own loaning bussiness, just as long as it dosent use concepts we use such as player ranks/ interest rate per package and collateral as value to hold on.

Dosent really need to be a rule, just be a morally good person and respect others for making something creative.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I have 1 example

Lol we weren’t using compounds in the periodic table on purpose, The names are commonly used in banks etc... like memberships etc.... but we were just using it as it would fit in

Death

Mar 18, 2017

I think it’s a good idea except I don’t think all patents should be submitted to public or atleast give them a hint of how things go, such as the machines, some players like you and I made fairly complex machines, we don’t want other people knowing how they work cause it’s pretty easy to change a few parts, for example infused hopper instead of hoppers, or regular furnaces instead of efurnaces, etc etc...

And since staff also do roleplay, I think maybe only Admins and Owners can have access to some of the patents, such as machines.

I think things that can’t be claimed at all are stuff like shulkerbox as a delivery ish system as like its common people use shulkers boxes.

I had this semi complex mailing idea to mail items, but due to node head gltich it will take an eternity before something like it can be fixed.

Also for the patents do we need to show staff the machine or like that we made it merely explaining it even if it hasn’t been placed down is fine?

Or do we need to show them how it actually works etc etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.