Status
Not open for further replies.

Eve c:

Verified
Oct 27, 2016
UK
The person that we are suing: AyeItsEm_

Reasoning:
Both _IzzieLuna and I were informed that AyeitsEm_ had decided to copy our home on to a plot she owned. Previously, she had been bothering Izzie in attempt for her to try sell or trade our home, she said no because our house was custom built and our main home. Izzie was recently walking around Blumont the other day and found a house that looked exactly like ours, just with a few more peaks and a different colour. It belonged to Toryn. She was online so Izzie messaged her, asking why she copied it. She ignored her every time she was asked. The player that copied over our house to one of her plots assumed AyeItsEm_ had asked for our permission, and therefore didn't see if we had allowed it. That means we can confirm it was a attempted replica of our home. Overall, we are rather angered by the fact our home was freely copied on to a different plot, as we had spent about 260k on the home, and we presume AyeItsEm_ only paid a fraction of that price for a house made for someone else.

Proof: Sadly, the photos we took are too large to upload, but we can provide you with the house plot names so you can check.
Our home: Goh12 & Goh13
The Copied Home: BH14

Thank you for taking the time to read!

Izzie

Former Staff
Nov 7, 2016
" I built this house for Izzie and I'm disappointed in the similarities of this other house. It does seem to be copied and that upsets me as Izzie, spooky or myself weren't asked permission. I've had a player attempt to copy my house before and it's rather enraging. I hope this is settled and the player pays Izzie or loses their home. It's unfair to us. " -kjr11800, the builder

Eve c:

Verified
Oct 27, 2016
UK
Extra Evidence:

Today, we inspected ayeitsem_'s copied home as it was put up for sale. It became apparent that may inside aspects were undoubtedly copied from our own home. Although the inside of our house is inaccessible, I have my assumptions that our house was copied on to a creative or arch world plot, so they can access the inside.

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
Well not much you can do now. Toryn is going afk for months.... Maybe staff and cut the house out? But im on your side. Toryn should not have copied your house without permission. However im not 100% sure you can sue fo this. Irl if someone copied a real house.... Officals would do nothing..

Wonder

Jan 27, 2017
;)
This really looks different, this is really stupid reason to try sue someone, like Jo said she's going afk for awhile so. If staff does cut the out it they will also be cutting out all her belongings. Bai

H

Heather

Personally, I know for a fact that your build was not directly copied then changed and I don't see a resemblance beyond the style. You cannot copyright a style, if someone likes it they could build like it and that does not mean they are stealing. For example, you cannot build a modern styled house then claim that no one else may build something modern themed but you. I think what happened was they saw that the style was cool and different from the rather monotone styles of the city and wanted something built in a similar style. Anyone could copy straight off of something but they took the time to hire an arch to make sure that the style was interpreted instead of just copying the entire thing straight. In my time as admin I have moved several builds like this one, Eve and Izzie you are not the first nor will you be the last to like colored clay and stone bricks mixed with some triangles. I personally moved both of your builds and while I recognize the style similarity, they did not steal the house. The interiors are vastly different and the exteriors lack similarity besides the clay, brick, and triangle adornments. I think it would be best to embrace the unique individuality of a style like this and encourage others who like it to design their houses in a similar style instead of trying to keep it just to yourself. Thank you to our talented builders who have come up with such a unique and desirable style of house. The judge rules that there is not a strong enough resemblance to qualify this for plagiarism, both parties may keep their houses. However, please note that actually copying a build is not cool, you may use a similar style but please never just copy someone else's work. Thank you for your time. -Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.