ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Dear players of McCities,
Courtcases have become a big part of this community, giving players the ability to fight for what is right and what they believe in, a chance to bring justice when the rules are not there to defend you against crimes, assaults or miscommunications. But older and more mature players have an advantage on this field, they know the rules better, know how to express themself better and are generally better in handeling court cases. This is why the Toxic Awareness Program is starting a new section, A Law Firm!

This is the first time that TAP is openly recruiting players, but we feel like we can help more people if the team expands. The're are no real criteria, other then the fact that you have to be a good lawyer (So better then the other candidates) and know the rules very well.
Let's get into the hiring process! :D

I myself will be leading this operation as the Consultant-Manager. I'll be leading the advanced courtcases, helping lawyers when needed, hiring new lawyers or consultants and handing out cases.

Hiring for:
Consultant, 1x
Jobs: Help players with their questions about court cases, ordening court cases in HQ and handing out court cases to the lawyers, (In collaboration with the Manager)

Lawyer, 2x
Jobs:
Defend the client in court cases, reply in and handle the courtcases. Write replies for the client if requested so.

If a courtcase is made, a book will be created, not yet signed in order to keep track of the courtcase, once the court case is over the book will be signed off by the client and saved in our storage in the HQ, Sky69. This way we can look back at previous courtcases in order to keep a fair ruling may an event on the server appear again, then we can use the past data to make sure the process goes fairly. (Yes indeed, very proffesional, sounds complicated, but it's very easy!)

The Application process:
In order to get the jobs of lawyer or Consultant, I'm giving a special test. It's fairly simple, but be sure to do it as good as possible, you can choose 2 scenario's and reply to them. One is accusing someone, the other one is defending a client.
Be sure to put some info in your application too:

-In game name
-How well you know the rules
-Activity, Discord etc, etc.

CASE 1:
you need to accuse player A of stealing from Player B. You are allowed to make up other details for this courtcase like, what plot it was on, what items were stolen, how you gained your proof, etc etc.

CASE 2:
Player A is accusing you of stealing items out of his/her apartment, however Player B fairly rented the apartment. However Player A does keep spamming the courtcase saying it's not allowed to steal their items as the chest was locked. Making up details is allowed.

We wish everyone good luck with their applications! :D Be creative, use good arguments and have fun! We are looking to help others this way, but also adding a bit roleplay.
There will be a pay ofcourse, though you will help the clients for free or very cheap, the pay comes from TAP.

Have a very, very nice day! :D

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Is the application process too complex or time consuming? I can always make it shorter, I just thought it would be fun to have this be skill based not "I like you" based

Reactions: Minty

Cursed

Cursed_x
Cursed_x
May 16, 2017
Is the application process too complex or time consuming? I can always make it shorter, I just thought it would be fun to have this be skill based not "I like you" based
i think its not time consuming,
Though i dont understand wats happened in case 2.. So I am being accused of stealing by player A and player B rented the apt?

Last edited:

SirKosmo

SirKosmo
SirKosmo
Dec 22, 2017
Texas
I like all the law firms popping up to increase RP but everyones so dependent upon solving court cases so if your law firm needs help with Contractual Law to further enforce any kind of agreement, Omni Corp can help aid you in that.

Cursed

Cursed_x
Cursed_x
May 16, 2017
I would like to apply for any available job you think would suit me,
-In game name: CursedDevil2015
-How well you know the rules: pretty well
-Activity, Discord etc, etc: I am trying to be more active on the server but i'm very active on discord, You already have my discord.

CASE 1:

you need to accuse player A of stealing from Player B. You are allowed to make up other details for this court case like, what plot it was on, what items were stolen, how you gained your proof, etc etc.
Player A stole 64 diamonds a programmable android and an oil pump from Player B on the plot bh15 from a chest they were added to. Player A was added to the chest because they were working on a project together but while Player B was offline they stole the items. I asked staff to see what they took and when, staff then sent me the screenshots which are located below,
[screenshots]

CASE 2:

Player A is accusing you of stealing items out of his/her apartment, however Player B fairly rented the apartment. However Player A does keep spamming the court case saying it's not allowed to steal their items as the chest was locked. Making up details is allowed.
I did not steal from Player A as they were inactive and the apartment was unrented then my friend Player B rented that apartment and we looked inside of the chests and took the things as we were going to use it as a cafe. So that is allowed as Player A was not active and the apartment is no longer there's so therefore we are allowed to take the items, even if the chest was locked. Therefore i am not guilty of stealing from them.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Only need to do 1 of the 2 example cases btw, but lovely anyway! I'll look at the applications from tomorrow on. So everyone gets some time to get even judgement.

Reactions: Minty

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I like all the law firms popping up to increase RP but everyones so dependent upon solving court cases so if your law firm needs help with Contractual Law to further enforce any kind of agreement, Omni Corp can help aid you in that.
that would fall under the Consultant section and is a very good idea! I will look into contracts then! Just letting you know TAP Does not yet work together with other companies, however you are welcome to apply even if part of another company

Reactions: Minty and SirKosmo

Zucc

Dec 20, 2018
Dear players of McCities,
Courtcases have become a big part of this community, giving players the ability to fight for what is right and what they believe in, a chance to bring justice when the rules are not there to defend you against crimes, assaults or miscommunications. But older and more mature players have an advantage on this field, they know the rules better, know how to express themself better and are generally better in handeling court cases. This is why the Toxic Awareness Program is starting a new section, A Law Firm!

This is the first time that TAP is openly recruiting players, but we feel like we can help more people if the team expands. The're are no real criteria, other then the fact that you have to be a good lawyer (So better then the other candidates) and know the rules very well.
Let's get into the hiring process! :D

I myself will be leading this operation as the Consultant-Manager. I'll be leading the advanced courtcases, helping lawyers when needed, hiring new lawyers or consultants and handing out cases.

Hiring for:
Consultant, 1x
Jobs:
Help players with their questions about court cases, ordening court cases in HQ and handing out court cases to the lawyers, (In collaboration with the Manager)

Lawyer, 2x
Jobs:
Defend the client in court cases, reply in and handle the courtcases. Write replies for the client if requested so.

If a courtcase is made, a book will be created, not yet signed in order to keep track of the courtcase, once the court case is over the book will be signed off by the client and saved in our storage in the HQ, Sky69. This way we can look back at previous courtcases in order to keep a fair ruling may an event on the server appear again, then we can use the past data to make sure the process goes fairly. (Yes indeed, very proffesional, sounds complicated, but it's very easy!)

The Application process:
In order to get the jobs of lawyer or Consultant, I'm giving a special test. It's fairly simple, but be sure to do it as good as possible, you can choose 2 scenario's and reply to them. One is accusing someone, the other one is defending a client.
Be sure to put some info in your application too:

-In game name
-How well you know the rules
-Activity, Discord etc, etc.

CASE 1:
you need to accuse player A of stealing from Player B. You are allowed to make up other details for this courtcase like, what plot it was on, what items were stolen, how you gained your proof, etc etc.

CASE 2:
Player A is accusing you of stealing items out of his/her apartment, however Player B fairly rented the apartment. However Player A does keep spamming the courtcase saying it's not allowed to steal their items as the chest was locked. Making up details is allowed.

We wish everyone good luck with their applications! :D Be creative, use good arguments and have fun! We are looking to help others this way, but also adding a bit roleplay.
There will be a pay ofcourse, though you will help the clients for free or very cheap, the pay comes from TAP.

Have a very, very nice day! :D
IGN: I_Am_The_Zucc
I know the rules from 1 to 10 id say a solid 6 or 7.
I am pretty active on discord.

Case 1 (I used a bit of Nicole66's case, bc I wasn't sure how to start it, but I added things that could definitely be a bit improved, and I also changed the scenario a bit):
Player A stole X amounts of emeralds and multiple other useful items from Player B from a chest they were added to. Player A was added to the chest because of a group project, yet once Player B got offline Player A stole the items. I asked the staff to see what they took and when, staff then sent me the screenshots which are located below, in addition, we also have screenshots of the chat log and so we can see when Player B got offline, and we can see Player A is indeed still online, making him the only person who could've stolen the items. Here are the screenshots:
[Screenshots]

Case 2:
We have here evidence of when Player B's rent was due:
[Screenshots]
And here is the evidence of Player A renting Player B's apartment after said rent wasn't paid:
[Screenshots]
Since the rent wasn't paid, the rented area can legally be taken over, and chests they were once there are now owned by the Player A, who is paying rent to keep that space his.

Zucc

Dec 20, 2018
So whats the plan, when do you plan to create TAP or did you already create it?
and if you created it, how are you going to say who is approved and where?

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
So whats the plan, when do you plan to create TAP or did you already create it?
and if you created it, how are you going to say who is approved and where?
I will say it here, at the end of today, I feel like more people should have the chance to apply, I will create a private conversation on forums explaining their job and a different post will be made soon so other people can make use of our lawfirm.
TAP is already a thing, but this lawfirm just falls under the Toxic Awareness Program :D

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Well, many many applications came in )_( but it doesn't matter, the thing is we are going to have a lot of fun, learn a lot and help this community!
Congratulations to @Zucc @Nicole66 and @SirKosmo for getting the jobs! :D I will still look at new applications if you ever decide you want to work for TAP! :D

I want you all to contact me on discord JazzGotBlues#2820
This way we can talk details, create a groupchat and I can give more info on the what we are exactly going to do!

A forum post explaining the company and making it possible for everyone to get our help comming soon!

Reactions: SirKosmo and Zucc

NYEHHH_

Verified
NYEHHH_
NYEHHH_
Citizen
Dec 26, 2018
In-Game Username: NYEHHH_
How well do you know the rules?: 9.9/10
Position applying for: Lawyer or Consultant (either one will work for me)
Discord: NYEHHH_#9963
IRL Age: 14
IRL Name: Jin
Why you should choose me: I'm able to multi-task easily, I can take responsibility, I have good qualities, I understand people, and I want to make sure that everyone has fair punishment and justice in court.

CASE 2:
Player A is accusing you of stealing items out of his/her apartment, however Player B fairly rented the apartment. However Player A does keep spamming the courtcase saying it's not allowed to steal their items as the chest was locked.

Player B had rented the apartment, Player A's chests may have been locked, BUT the current renter of the apartment IS ALLOWED to /unlock any chests that are locked. Player A should first ask Player B to see if they are able to get their items back. As the saying goes though, finders keepers. I would tell Player A that Player B technically DID NOT steal their items, as Player B had fairly rented the apartment, and it was their fault for letting their rent expire, as it is their responsibility to keep it rented.

Allex

Alex_the_cool_11
Alex_the_cool_11
Feb 11, 2018
Somewhere on earth
I would like to apply for Consultant or lawyer (whichever you Think suits me more). But Additionally, I would like to apply for a job where I especially get to accuse the ones accused. If I don't get the opportunity, I may work as a lawyer protecting the ones being accused, which is also a great position.

-In game name: Alex_the_cool_11

-How well you know the rules: I've read through both the rules and laws multiple times, so I know them very well.
-Activity, Discord etc, etc: I am Pretty Active in Mccities, especially forums is something that I have access to most of the times. I have Discord (you can ask for the name if you want to). The reason I'm applying for this, that's because I am interested in Civics, and I have the highest grade in Civics in school. And here in Mccities, I may have the chance to use my knowledge and techniques to work. And also, working in Court is a very important job that may help a lot of people and make Mccities more fair, which I am up t
CASE 1:
Player A stole 1 stack of Emeralds from Player B, the 4th of January 2019. The theft happened on plot sky42, which is a plot owned by Player A (do /as info region sky42), and the emeralds were stolen from a chest at the entrance of sky42. The proof we have to provide is a videoclip recorded by Player A, where Player B walks into the only building in region sky42, opens a chest in Player A's property, takes out 64 Emeralds and just teleports away. Player A /msg's player B and tells him to give back the emeralds, but player B says no. In the video you clearly saw what happened, because it showed the full screen, and the video was unedited.

CASE 2:
What happened is that the 4th of January 2019, Player A accused Player B that they took some items out of the chest in Player A's rented apartment. First of all, player B couldn't have taken out items from the chest of Player A, because it was locked, according to the screenshot. And second of all, Player A lives in the apartment skylineapt-5, which is a rented apartment in Cayman City, rented for 250 by Player A, while Player B is an added person to the apartment, which allows him to edit the interior. The landlord of skylineapt-5 is Alex_the_cool_11. AFter the Court case was made, I noticed and took a full unedited screenshot of that player A was spamming the Court case. Spamming the same message is against server rules (according to the server rules on the official website of Mccities). the consequences of spam will be first of all a Warning given by staff, and then Mute (for a certain amount of time). Additional links: https://mccities.com/threads/server-rules-8-27-2018.1863/)

oPoatoQueeno

Mar 9, 2019
Name- oPoatoQueeno
Rules- I would say I know the rules fairly well
Activity- I am present in discord more then this with school ,but I can takes weekend cases sometimes or after school times.
Case 1:
Player A stole 5 Enchanted books from Player B, the 17th of April, 2019. The theft happened on plot ap2, which is a plot owned by Player A (You cay view this please as well), and the Enchanted books were stolen from a chest at the entrance of ap2. The proof we have to provide is a recording by Player A, where Player B walks into the only building in region ap2, opens a chest on Player A's property, takes out 5 enchanted books and just teleports away. Player A messages player B and tells him to return the books ,but player B says declines that the event ever happened. In the video you cam see what had happened, because it showed the full screen, and the video was untouched