The universe

D

Deleted member 832

While I was bored out of my mind in class today i was thinking about the universe, and how we haven’t found proof of intelligent life. It is simply naive to think that we’re the only civilisation in a vast cosmos of potentially infinite stars and systems. But where does space end, who created space, who created them? Are we just some video game or a giant child’s play set? Are we in an experiment? Are we robots? I personally find it impossible to believe that ‘God’ created the universe, as ‘God’ didn’t just appear out of nowhere. And if god exists who made ‘god’. So my theory is that we’re all connected to the universe in a way, and we connect to it when we are sleeping, allowing dreams and such, while our body is elsewhere. Or maybe we don’t have a body?

Yeah. Don’t let me get bored. Tell me what you think!

Reactions: Tricoh

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Dont get me to emo because this is what buda says amd i am inspirated by buda in my life. (He always wants you to know and not believe and say there no rules only seeing whats happening around you)

The buda says that we are afraid of death because we think we are going to lose our memory's and are feelings but the buda said that you don't have those feelings. You are not an soul or an perso you are an human and if you die you will be eaten by insects an brought back into the system. No greater power just reality. It gives me comfort thinking this way because even if i die i will still and always influence the world as it may be.

Not from google i swear

Izzie

Former Staff
Nov 7, 2016
God is a supreme being, I take that to mean nobody created him as he is a spirit. It’s just like nobody created Jesus technically as he is a part of God.

To the video game bit, this could be possible. Such as when you go into a room and suddenly don’t remember why, it could be the player cancelling the action.

There is a quote I like,”Cogito ergo sum”, “I think therefore I am’” we learnt about it in RE. It means that because we have our own thoughts we must be real, not part of someone’s simulation or controlled by anyone. It was by Descartes.

This is just my interpretation and opinion

Reactions: Trump15024
D

Deleted member 832

God is a supreme being, I take that to mean nobody created him as he is a spirit. It’s just like nobody created Jesus technically as he is a part of God.

To the video game bit, this could be possible. Such as when you go into a room and suddenly don’t remember why, it could be the player cancelling the action.

There is a quote I like,”Cogito ergo sum”, “I think therefore I am’” we learnt about it in RE. It means that because we have our own thoughts we must be real, not part of someone’s simulation or controlled by anyone. It was by Descartes.

This is just my interpretation and opinion
I’m yet to venture into the pleasures of y9/10 RS. I think we’re doing some of the sort this year, oh I have it. I’m doing philosophy classes

Reactions: Izzie
D

Deleted member 832

If the world is a video game, am I getting points for coming close to the truth?? Lol

T

Trump15024

While I was bored out of my mind in class today i was thinking about the universe, and how we haven’t found proof of intelligent life. It is simply naive to think that we’re the only civilisation in a vast cosmos of potentially infinite stars and systems. But where does space end, who created space, who created them? Are we just some video game or a giant child’s play set? Are we in an experiment? Are we robots? I personally find it impossible to believe that ‘God’ created the universe, as ‘God’ didn’t just appear out of nowhere. And if god exists who made ‘god’. So my theory is that we’re all connected to the universe in a way, and we connect to it when we are sleeping, allowing dreams and such, while our body is elsewhere. Or maybe we don’t have a body?

I believe that God created our universe and our human brains do not have the compacity to even comprehend the conclusion of the question you are asking.

PingtothePong

Jun 28, 2017
The Milky Way
www.baconsizzling.com

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f

This is why philosophy exists. Join the atheist club and discord me if you want to discuss stuff like this.

Reactions: Marshmallowsmalk

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Also quick note; there is no doubt in my mind that intelligent life does exist in the universe, just none have gotten to a tier 3 Civilization or even a tier 2 for that matter. (For comparison, humans are tier 0.7) Also, consciousness isn't as simple as the complexity of an organism. Its very anthropocentric to think that machines can not think. Of course your calculator or computer is not on the same level as the human brain (Sequoia, Nasa's top super computer was beat by the human brain for memory and processing power), but it is plausible for a computer to be as equal if not better than the human brain in the near future.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Also quick note; there is no doubt in my mind that intelligent life does exist in the universe, just none have gotten to a tier 3 Civilization or even a tier 2 for that matter. (For comparison, humans are tier 0.7) Also, consciousness isn't as simple as the complexity of an organism. Its very anthropocentric to think that machines can not think. Of course your calculator or computer is not on the same level as the human brain (Sequoia, Nasa's top super computer was beat by the human brain for memory and processing power), but it is plausible for a computer to be as equal if not better than the human brain in the near future.
We humans are tier 0.7 but we have only found life on our planet? So how can we say how 'intelligent' we are if we don't know somebody who is smarter then us? Its just like being the smartest kid in the class going to highschool and being the most stupid kid of the highest class. And what do we think is an tier 3? Is it already set what an tier 3 civilization looks like? Or is it so much beyond our reach we can't even think of it?

Think of this:
The moment there was nothing is the moment everything was created, because even nothing can't be there without being somthing.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
We humans are tier 0.7 but we have only found life on our planet? So how can we say how 'intelligent' we are if we don't know somebody who is smarter then us? Its just like being the smartest kid in the class going to highschool and being the most stupid kid of the highest class. And what do we think is an tier 3? Is it already set what an tier 3 civilization looks like? Or is it so much beyond our reach we can't even think of it?

Think of this:
The moment there was nothing is the moment everything was created, because even nothing can't be there without being somthing.
Tier 1: Control of Solar System
Tier 2: Control of Galaxy
Tier 3: Control of Local Group

D

Deleted member 832

Tier 1: Control of Solar System
Tier 2: Control of Galaxy
Tier 3: Control of Local Group
Kek. I think the way to immortality is AI. Read a book called Arc of a Scythe by Neal Shusterman, it highlights these issues

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Kek. I think the way to immortality is AI. Read a book called Arc of a Scythe by Neal Shusterman, it highlights these issues
Well ever think about this: What if intelligent life is hibernating for a colder time? At some point, the best point for most species is to go digital and machines work best in cold conditions. They could just be waiting for the last red dwarf to go out and every black hole to evaporate.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Immortality is just letting go of the time created by humans. Maybe we are immirtal and di we get to our full state when we die? We don't know.

D

Deleted member 832

Well ever think about this: What if intelligent life is hibernating for a colder time? At some point, the best point for most species is to go digital and machines work best in cold conditions. They could just be waiting for the last red dwarf to go out and every black hole to evaporate.
Yeah. Seems pretty scumbaggy on their part. I’d love to swap a biological existence for a digital one.

D

Deleted member 832

I believe that God created our universe and our human brains do not have the compacity to even comprehend the conclusion of the question you are asking.
We will never comprehend, it’s impossible to reach the edge of the universe