Unfair Unbanning?

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
So I'm no fan of @ShowerCUrtain , but I noticed he recently tried to make a ban appeal because he exploited a transfer. Sundae said he would not be unbanned because "you won't be unbanned after a month merely because you know it was the wrong thing to do." This is really interesting to me because @Sebastiaan072 's ban appeal was recently accepted for the second time, both times being for abusing transfers/creative to get money/items duplicated. The reason for him being unbanned is because he's getting a third chance after his appeal said " I want to return to cities. I still regret my actions in the server" and "All I can say now is sorry." This is nothing against Seb, but I just think it's unfair that one person gets unbanned for saying sorry but the other doesn't? Idk... what do yall think? To me, it says a lot about the server.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
Sebastian was banned for 80 days before being unbanned, whereas ShowerCurtain has only served a 40-day sentence. Does that clear things up?
No, as both of Seb's were supposed to permanent. I guess permanent doesn't mean anything anymore as you can just get unbanned if you wait long enough.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
Honestly if you've got a lot of bad things to say about the server why are you still here. You only look at the negatives of everything and I'm sure we'd all prefer if you could keep it to yourself.
Thanks
I bring up the stuff that's unfair, or what I think the staff should improve. Sorry that you don't care because you kiss ass and don't have to deal with it.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
Tbh permanent is just for a long period of time. Otherwise at a certain point the whole playerbase is banned....
I mean you gotta break some bad rules to be perma banned. I'm definitely not the star player but I've never been perm banned. I feel like if a person is rich or has played a while they kinda get a free pass with some of the ban stuff. It's understandable to see why it happens, but definitely not acceptable.

lostinthewqrld

sebgotbanned
sebgotbanned
Oct 12, 2017
The Netherlands
as you can just get unbanned if you wait long enough.
No, there's a difference between waiting long, not thinking about the server in this proces at all and want to be unbanned because you really miss it. Kinda unfair that you're saying this right? Because what you say in other words is that i didnt think about what i did? You're wrong. You bring a lot of negativity on the forums tbh. Please change that. Thats one of the reasons people leave and we obviously dont want that. I agree with @pengyy

pengyy

Verified
Pengy2552
Pengy2552
Millionaire
May 20, 2018
my messenger pigeon
I don't see how its so difficult to not comment negative things on others posts.
:3
Maybe its just me but I can resist to not press that post reply button.

Reactions: mabes

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
No, there's a difference between waiting long, not thinking about the server in this proces at all and want to be unbanned because you really miss it. Kinda unfair that you're saying this right? Because what you say in other words is that i didnt think about what i did? You're wrong. You bring a lot of negativity on the forums tbh. Please change that. Thats one of the reasons people leave and we obviously dont want that. I agree with @pengyy
I mean how do you know Showercurtain doesn't love the server like you do? I'm not attacking you, as I said in my post, I'm just pointing something out. Also, people leave the server because it has gone downhill and there are many things wrong with it. No one on this server has left because I said something "negative" on a post. You can perceive it as negative all you want, but in reality, it's not. I never attack people, call them names, or do anything of the sort unprovoked.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
The server runs on kiss-assery, staff are promoted on such and players get special perms as such. Thats just how this server works. How do you think Leanne and Joey got to their positions? Sucking up to Coban. How do you think Izzie and Aury got jr-admin? Being friends with kiri. It was obvious none of them were suited for the position. Why do you think most of the good staff left? They couldn't make it anywhere without kissing ass. Even Heather had to get in good with Coban and Stan to get to her position (although a lot less than the recent staff). Why do you think some players get extra perms? I even had gotten w/e when although extremely useful and well placed; I had gotten it because of Turkey. How do you think Trump got go-mall? How do you think runnerboro keeps getting expanded? How do you think bunny got an extra island and fixed regions? Why do you think Ghibli City was deleted after Heather quit staff and reinstated when she called it out? If you don't understand how this server works, you are so utterly completely clueless.

Gabbygytes

Aspectual
Aspectual
Sep 26, 2017
your Heart
aspectual.pw
The server runs on kiss-assery, staff are promoted on such and players get special perms as such. Thats just how this server works. How do you think Leanne and Joey got to their positions? Sucking up to Coban. How do you think Izzie and Aury got jr-admin? Being friends with kiri. It was obvious none of them were suited for the position. Why do you think most of the good staff left? They couldn't make it anywhere without kissing ass. Even Heather had to get in good with Coban and Stan to get to her position (although a lot less than the recent staff). Why do you think some players get extra perms? I even had gotten w/e when although extremely useful and well placed; I had gotten it because of Turkey. How do you think Trump got go-mall? How do you think runnerboro keeps getting expanded? How do you think bunny got an extra island and fixed regions? Why do you think Ghibli City was deleted after Heather quit staff and reinstated when she called it out? If you don't understand how this server works, you are so utterly completely clueless.
#FAVOURITISM

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Ok so ill just give an honest opinion on the question. So for me I don’t think the ban time should reflect how much time you feel like you reflected on. Trevor does point out a cetain point but I don’t hate either side. I understand that both are permanent bans, but I don’t think time always reflects change. Even in 7 days of being banned, I honestly think thats already long enough for someone to “reflect”. So basically the point of banning people is too stop player who do stuff that shouldn’t be done. People don’t exactly need to reflect on these ideologies or anything they may have done. Nor do we need to go into a silent retreat for several days for cheating on a server. I mean cheating in class is probably like a few hours of detention but thats really it. I find it mostly unfair how you guys are saying Trevor could be wrong when no one here can dictate how someone is right. Anyways my point is this is that I think that you don’t exavtly need a long span of time to reflect on a game? i mean seriously. And no one really uses that 80 days or 40 days to reflect. Maybe the first few days after being banned you feel sad and what not.

I remember I had an error not allowing me to properly play on the server which escalated to a few weeks and maybe a month i think. The first few days was hard, but eventually you forget about it. You don’t exactly take the time to reflect on it.

While I am in no position to dictate how the bans on the server works, but in my opinion if he didn’t appeal after 40 days of not being on here, it means he remembers the server. And if he does remember it, it shows he wants to come back. And if I didn’t comment here an arguement wouldn’t be viewed open ended. Maybe if you actually listened to each others thoughts besides bashing each other, it would have probably been more useful in answering the questions.

Gabbygytes

Aspectual
Aspectual
Sep 26, 2017
your Heart
aspectual.pw
Ok so ill just give an honest opinion on the question. So for me I don’t think the ban time should reflect how much time you feel like you reflected on. Trevor does point out a cetain point but I don’t hate either side. I understand that both are permanent bans, but I don’t think time always reflects change. Even in 7 days of being banned, I honestly think thats already long enough for someone to “reflect”. So basically the point of banning people is too stop player who do stuff that shouldn’t be done. People don’t exactly need to reflect on these ideologies or anything they may have done. Nor do we need to go into a silent retreat for several days for cheating on a server. I mean cheating in class is probably like a few hours of detention but thats really it. I find it mostly unfair how you guys are saying Trevor could be wrong when no one here can dictate how someone is right. Anyways my point is this is that I think that you don’t exavtly need a long span of time to reflect on a game? i mean seriously. And no one really uses that 80 days or 40 days to reflect. Maybe the first few days after being banned you feel sad and what not.

I remember I had an error not allowing me to properly play on the server which escalated to a few weeks and maybe a month i think. The first few days was hard, but eventually you forget about it. You don’t exactly take the time to reflect on it.

While I am in no position to dictate how the bans on the server works, but in my opinion if he didn’t appeal after 40 days of not being on here, it means he remembers the server. And if he does remember it, it shows he wants to come back. And if I didn’t comment here an arguement wouldn’t be viewed open ended. Maybe if you actually listened to each others thoughts besides bashing each other, it would have probably been more useful in answering the questions.
~Owner of Paradise Island

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Well kissing ass is a key aspect of life. You need in this game for more then just staff.
When an enemy of mehlife you aint getting cop either. Or buying an island from say death if he reallly likes someone else.

I am nice to the people if I need something from you. But if I dont like you and I may need you I will just do it myself.

Its just that punishments should rather be taken in game (eco wipe. Items taken. No acces to transfers and certain perms) then a perm ban for 2 or 3 months.
Better for toxicity and better for the economy (money destroyed, new buyer on the market. Houses can be sold by staff to erase even more money)