What is considered an "Auto Farm"?

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
I know that "Auto Farms" are banned, so I just want to understand exactly what is considered an "Auto farm" and what is not. For example, what if I build an area where I will grow sugar cane. If I put some pistons behind the sugar cane and press a button to push the pistons forward, breaking the sugar cane, is this allowed? It is technically "semi-automatic" because I don't have to break it all by hand, but it's not like it will activate or collect when I'm AFK or not logged in. Would this be allowed? Or, what if I place some dispensers (manually activated by a switch or button), which will dispense water, pushing all the items out of the ground? I would still have to collect it and replant it by hand, so it's not really "automatic". Is this allowed?

Also, in Slime Fun, there are machines like Auto Breeders, Crop Growth Accelerators, Animal Growth Accelerators, etc. I assume these are allowed since they are part of Slime Fun? Are there any rules for these types of machines that I should be aware of?

Anyways, I'm just trying to understand the rules so I don't build something that is not allowed. Appreciate any input--thanks!

fvhn

Former Staff
Nov 26, 2016
what if I build an area where I will grow sugar cane. If I put some pistons behind the sugar cane and press a button to push the pistons forward, breaking the sugar cane, is this allowed? It is technically "semi-automatic" because I don't have to break it all by hand, but it's not like it will activate or collect when I'm AFK or not logged in.
That's not allowed.

Or, what if I place some dispensers (manually activated by a switch or button), which will dispense water, pushing all the items out of the ground? I would still have to collect it and replant it by hand, so it's not really "automatic". Is this allowed?
Yeah I think that's fine, most of the work you do yourself. It's not like just clicking on a button/move every 15 minutes.

Also, in Slime Fun, there are machines like Auto Breeders, Crop Growth Accelerators, Animal Growth Accelerators, etc. I assume these are allowed since they are part of Slime Fun? Are there any rules for these types of machines that I should be aware of?
If they weren't allowed they would be disabled. Auto breeders are just not usefull, in the city mobs don't spawn. In the wild they despawn, so making a huge farm won't work.

Reactions: Powerfull