Selling AJLand & Cormansion (Island)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trump15024

My bid for AJLand: I am raising my bid to 8m+A200+Department-1+Sky202+mmh15+mmh22 and this is me bidding along not as a group with anyone.

What I plan to do with the island: Just imagine a natural, glorious, and modern semi-private island that welcomes visitors and allows players to interact with each other, have fun, and have wonderful experiences. This plan includes many tourist attractions and interactive things such as parks, a zoo, a museum, a aquarium, a library, many restaurants, shops where you can buy and sell many items and shops where people can buy/rent them to sell items, a PVP arena, some regions such as nice houses that are fairly priced and not too many regions like other islands, slime fun gardens, slime fun center for visitors, gleaming infrastructure, and many activities. This plan will be based around making the island look natural including many beaches and tropical features. This is my vision and my plan for AJLand. I would hire only trusted people mostly server architects to help make this happen and to make it look nice and would involve the community as much as possible to make this an island for the server, not a private island just for me.

I am a qualified person to be the owner of the island. I am an active player my /ar time is almost 60 days which is a lot and shows my dedication to the server, I have the resources to achieve my plan above, and have the knowledge to put together a team to achieve the plan for the island. My jobs right now is I am a teacher and I own a company Apple and if I get this island I will put aside other things to work on the island to achieve my plan.

I might not be in a group with 30m with donations coming from 20 people (which this will cause ownership arguments) but I do know that if I get this island that this plan above will make AJ land a great island that the whole server can enjoy. It will be like an island never seen before.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
My bid for AJLand: I am raising my bid to 8m+A200+Department-1+Sky202+mmh15+mmh22 and this is me bidding along not as a group with anyone.

What I plan to do with the island: Just imagine a natural, glorious, and modern semi-private island that welcomes visitors and allows players to interact with each other, have fun, and have wonderful experiences. This plan includes many tourist attractions and interactive things such as parks, a zoo, a museum, a aquarium, a library, many restaurants, shops where you can buy and sell many items and shops where people can buy/rent them to sell items, a PVP arena, some regions such as nice houses that are fairly priced and not too many regions like other islands, slime fun gardens, slime fun center for visitors, gleaming infrastructure, and many activities. This plan will be based around making the island look natural including many beaches and tropical features. This is my vision and my plan for AJLand. I would hire only trusted people mostly server architects to help make this happen and to make it look nice and would involve the community as much as possible to make this an island for the server, not a private island just for me.

I am a qualified person to be the owner of the island. I am an active player my /ar time is almost 60 days which is a lot and shows my dedication to the server, I have the resources to achieve my plan above, and have the knowledge to put together a team to achieve the plan for the island. My jobs right now is I am a teacher and I own a company Apple and if I get this island I will put aside other things to work on the island to achieve my plan.

I might not be in a group with 30m with donations coming from 20 people (which this will cause ownership arguments) but I do know that if I get this island that this plan above will make AJ land a great island that the whole server can enjoy. It will be like an island never seen before.
We dont have ownership problems, people donated over 7mil to us in 1 day cause they believed in us, the people of mccities, the players believed in our goals not as an individual but as a team and they did it without asking for ownership or land.

T

Trump15024

We dont have ownership problems, people donated over 7mil to us in 1 day cause they believed in us, the people of mccities, the players believed in our goals not as an individual but as a team and they did it without asking for ownership or land.
My bid stays with the promise that if I get this island that it will be given back to the community so the whole server new and old players can enjoy it.

Ashnxkko

Principal
Former Staff
Verified
Jul 14, 2017
The Netherlands

We do not have any ownership arguments. No one of these people asked for land or ownership. I’m very thankful for those people, they believe in us and we will make sure it will be as good as they think it will be. If we don’t get the island all the money will be returned to the people that donated.

T

Trump15024

I was not referring to your group.
We do not have any ownership arguments. No one of these people asked for land or ownership. I’m very thankful for those people, they believe in us and we will make sure it will be as good as they think it will be. If we don’t get the island all the money will be returned to the people that donated.

Runnerboro is doing fine you will see soon the major updates to the island. I was not referring to Runnerboro just most public islands in general @Death_Inferno360 all the plots in Runnerboro were regioned almost 2 years ago from past presidents and managers.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
I Death_Inferno360, am supporting the Group of Davina, Daniela and Izzie. I know many of you would first look at us like the "ordinary". Many of you may think we want this island to ourselves, However, this is not the futuristic goal we want to achieve as a team. I would like to say that this is for both us and the public. It was never something self-centered to us nor was it solely for the people. I want to say that in the past, I have gone on a journey, which has tested my limits, losing island bids one after another. Even though I some of my battles, what kept me to keep going were those people who stood by my side during the hardest of times. they were there, they supported me, and most importantly, they had faith in me, and believed in me. I was never the "richest" one nor would my name be on that list with. My group isn't the richest among our fellow competitors bidding among us. Despite this, people continue to find their ways in following our ideas, and coming to us. They give us their utter and most support. Our plan for the island is to make the island in a Similar theme to two of the most renowned touristic cities, Copenhagen and Amsterdam. The beauty of these cities are uncomparable. I admit the fact that a few of our supporters has lost faith in us, this kept me, and my entire team down for a while. We thought there was nothing else that could have been changed to improve. However, if I learned anything in my time helping out my friends in need, Two things are vital. Competing in big auctions is that there is some sort of support that will always be by your backs. Because of this matter, It is important to keep one piece of information with any of you, no matter if you are owning an island or not.

No one should ever give up, as there is no barrier or obstacle that can stop a person from achieving a goal that's in their mind, and in their heart. In multiple occasions I wanted to give up already since I saw everyone throwing out their money but, what remained strong in me was the people who supported us. I would like to thank the following for your donation and support for our group:
ItzJazzMade
Cp42
Sara
Waffles
GinevraWeasley/WhaleThen
Pancakes/Chips
ItzDerpness
BootsieBear
EnderPort
Marshmallowsmalk
ThatOneGuy
AtomicSushi
Mehlife/6D
NinjaGaming23
TotallyEverybody/Sebastiaan
And the many I have not mentioned in this list, I want to thank you for all the support you have given me. Even though many have given up on us, You guys remained faithful in my group and placed faith in me. I cant let anyone down, so many people have brought us this far because they believe in us, they believe we are more than the average, they know we aren't like any other bidder who is bidding here. This is why they supported us and I am ever grateful for all the support you have given me. You all have kept my spirit burning to keep fighting for the island and dreams we believe in as a team.
Are you part of the ownership now?

OnePunchGrill

Verified
OnePunchGrill
OnePunchGrill
Jul 10, 2017
I love that a lot of people are getting involved in the discussions :) hope to hear more thoughts and feedback.
I also wanted to raise some important questions cuz I’m actually curious; at the end of the day, my call of duty as an Arch. is to cooperate for the better good of the server - and yes, duty precedes my personal wishes. So, if it came to it, I would relinquish my bid if it brought more good and joy to the server than I could.

At the same time, this also puts me in a position where I can be more frank and critical of each idea since we’ve already seem to have established that all the current running bids are good ideas by good people - like hello, it’s between me, Izzie, or sundae? It’s a win for me in the end regardless xP

Now with that out of the way, our collective bid stands at $11.5million, thereby claiming top bid because I don’t see an obvious reason for me to opt out, quite the opposite if anything.

Davina’s plan seems pretty similar to ours, and besides I’d like to think we’re friends anyway, but the fact that she has 16+ other people who donated to her worries me. As an Arch. I know first hand how difficult regioning can be, and AJLand is not the biggest island to begin with. That means whatever she’s promising now, it will be automatically be divided up into 16 - Minimum. This seems very suspect and sketchy to me cuz these are just people that have openly donated for her, and let’s face it, they all want something in return for it afterwards. The only difference is that I’m not ashamed to admit that because I’d do the same anyway hehe xD - which is precisely why we don’t disclose our donor information because we value their decision and trust. So long story short, close to 20 people waiting to chop up the island into pieces is just another Communist tragedy throughout history irl - promise of something good for everyone, poor implementation of policy, and slow eventual decline due to disputes. And if anything, I’d love to see a recreation of Amsterdam :D but I’m a bit lukewarm on Copenhagen.. There are so many picturesque port cities in southern Europe like Venice or Saint Tropez that should come before Copengagen.
I mean, as if it's God's cruel joke, the first link below is the picture of Copenhagen, and the second is the city of Norilsk in Soviet Union - a symbol for failure of Communism, like it seems straight out of one of those "Expectation vs. Reality" memes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/...ark---Copenhagen---Cruise---Nyhavn-xlarge.jpg

https://cdn.fstoppers.com/styles/full/s3/media/2014/07/gelio-norilsk-siberia-8.jpg

And the ugly truth is that’s an extremely difficult job that even I don’t think can pull off, which is why I'm so thankful to have such an overwhelming amount of support for us so far! <3333 I can't even describe how grateful I am to have your trust and approval.
And this is even more concerning when considering the fact that the very same people who donated for Davina have DM’ed me with their interest to switch sides, but were too afraid to do so in public because people like to judge and jump to conclusions :/ I wish I could help everyone, but am only able to make counter-offers only to the first few due to the same constraints, only difference is that we are not as naive to even pretend that dividing up AJLand into 20 pieces is the best thing we could do to the poor island, I'm almost willing to let the island be private to Sundae at that point :( it's nothing short of communism-related ideas waiting to turn sour as soon as the promises are unkept and friendships get ruined.

On our side, it was our plan in the beginning to region about 15 plots too, but after some calculations and on-field survey, we found this to be nearly impossible as doing this would’ve taken up the entire island, with no room for anything else. How is that ending up any different than islands like Foxmere or Runaboro? I’m all for letting my friends pursue their wants, but not when I think it’ll compromise the future of the island. Ever since I started playing on McCities it was my wish to have communal space where people could come by, look at cool builds presented there, and just hang out - it was the whole reason why I became Arch. in the first place, so this is a very emotional subject matter for me. I love everyone who bid, but I just can’t let anymore haphazard island regioning catastrophe happen on this server on my watch.

So TL;DR, it is my empirical assessment from tangible physical evidence (ex.: track record of bunny island vs. foxmere) that while I like Davina’s idea of building Amsterdam more than Sundae’s, Sundae would have a better management of the actual island itself - not gonna lie, bunny island is pretty clean as far as islands go :eek: , but due to this disparity between wants, and lack of actual solid & tangible plans go achieve those wants, my bid still stands. Just.. whatever happens please build Amsterdam D: not Copenhagen.
Hope i didn't offend anyone hehe xD, happy holidays <3

-Grill

T

Trump15024

I love that a lot of people are getting involved in the discussions :) hope to hear more thoughts and feedback.
I also wanted to raise some important questions cuz I’m actually curious; at the end of the day, my call of duty as an Arch. is to cooperate for the better good of the server - and yes, duty precedes my personal wishes. So, if it came to it, I would relinquish my bid if it brought more good and joy to the server than I could.

At the same time, this also puts me in a position where I can be more frank and critical of each idea since we’ve already seem to have established that all the current running bids are good ideas by good people - like hello, it’s between me, Izzie, or sundae? It’s a win for me in the end regardless xP

Now with that out of the way, our collective bid stands at $11.5million, thereby claiming top bid because I don’t see an obvious reason for me to opt out, quite the opposite if anything.

Davina’s plan seems pretty similar to ours, and besides I’d like to think we’re friends anyway, but the fact that she has 16+ other people who donated to her worries me. As an Arch. I know first hand how difficult regioning can be, and AJLand is not the biggest island to begin with. That means whatever she’s promising now, it will be automatically be divided up into 16 - Minimum. This seems very suspect and sketchy to me cuz these are just people that have openly donated for her, and let’s face it, they all want something in return for it afterwards. The only difference is that I’m not ashamed to admit that because I’d do the same anyway hehe xD - which is precisely why we don’t disclose our donor information because we value their decision and trust. So long story short, close to 20 people waiting to chop up the island into pieces is just another Communist tragedy throughout history irl - promise of something good for everyone, poor implementation of policy, and slow eventual decline due to disputes. And if anything, I’d love to see a recreation of Amsterdam :D but I’m a bit lukewarm on Copenhagen.. There are so many picturesque port cities in southern Europe like Venice or Saint Tropez that should come before Copengagen.
I mean, as if it's God's cruel joke, the first link below is the picture of Copenhagen, and the second is the city of Norilsk in Soviet Union - a symbol for failure of Communism, like it seems straight out of one of those "Expectation vs. Reality" memes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/...ark---Copenhagen---Cruise---Nyhavn-xlarge.jpg

https://cdn.fstoppers.com/styles/full/s3/media/2014/07/gelio-norilsk-siberia-8.jpg

And the ugly truth is that’s an extremely difficult job that even I don’t think can pull off, which is why I'm so thankful to have such an overwhelming amount of support for us so far! <3333 I can't even describe how grateful I am to have your trust and approval.
And this is even more concerning when considering the fact that the very same people who donated for Davina have DM’ed me with their interest to switch sides, but were too afraid to do so in public because people like to judge and jump to conclusions :/ I wish I could help everyone, but am only able to make counter-offers only to the first few due to the same constraints, only difference is that we are not as naive to even pretend that dividing up AJLand into 20 pieces is the best thing we could do to the poor island, I'm almost willing to let the island be private at that point :( it's nothing short of communism-related ideas waiting to turn sour as soon as the promises are unkept and friendships get ruined.

On our side, it was our plan in the beginning to region about 15 plots too, but after some calculations and on-field survey, we found this to be nearly impossible as doing this would’ve taken up the entire island, with no room for anything else. How is that ending up any different than islands like Foxmere or Runaboro? I’m all for letting my friends pursue their wants, but not when I think it’ll compromise the future of the island. Ever since I started playing on McCities it was my wish to have communal space where people could come by, look at cool builds presented there, and just hang out - it was the whole reason why I became Arch. in the first place, so this is a very emotional subject matter for me. I love everyone who bid, but I just can’t let anymore haphazard island regioning catastrophe happen on this server on my watch.

So TL;DR, it is my empirical assessment from tangible physical evidence (ex.: track record of bunny island vs. foxmere) that while I like Davina’s idea of building Amsterdam more than Sundae’s, Sundae would have a better management of the actual island itself - not gonna lie, bunny island is pretty clean as far as islands go :eek: , but due to this disparity between wants, and lack of actual solid & tangible plans go achieve those wants, my bid still stands. Just.. whatever happens please build Amsterdam D: not Copenhagen.

-Grill
I do agree that 17 people giving donations is sketchy because they want something out of it but in all honesty @sundae22 and I are the only ones who are actually bidding by ourselves to avoid future conflicts. I am the only individual bidding alone to make it into a semi-private modern island for the community to enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashnxkko

Principal
Former Staff
Verified
Jul 14, 2017
The Netherlands

And this is even more concerning when considering the fact that the very same people who donated for Davina have DM’ed me with their interest to switch sides, but were too afraid to do so in public because people like to judge and jump to conclusions :/ I wish I could help everyone, but am only able to make counter-offers only to the first few due to the same constraints, only difference is that we are not as naive to even pretend that dividing up AJLand into 20 pieces is the best thing we could do to the poor island, I'm almost willing to let the island be private to Sundae at that point :( it's nothing short of communism-related ideas waiting to turn sour as soon as the promises are unkept and friendships get ruined.

-Grill
I do agree that 17 people giving donations is sketchy because they want something out of it but in all honesty @sundae22 and I are the only ones who are actually bidding by ourselves to avoid future conflicts. I am the only individual bidding alone to make it into a semi-private modern island for the community to enjoy.
It may seem sketchy but the donators did not ask for anything. The island won't be divided in 16 pieces either. You can think what you want but the people actually like our idea and we have a lot of fun in our discord group. Foxmere is a very old island and we will make Ajland look nothing like it. We will make the whole island ourselves and make sure the exterior of houses won't be regioned. This way Ajland can stay beautiful forever.

And about people wanting to leave our team being scared? It's the same for you guys, people messaged us sayign the exact same thing about you guys.

Last edited:

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive

-Grill
AjLand is probably the second or third largest island (with notable amounts of unregioned land)

OnePunchGrill

Verified
OnePunchGrill
OnePunchGrill
Jul 10, 2017
It may seem sketchy but the donators did not ask for anything. The island won't be divided in 16 pieces either. You can think what you want but the people actually like our idea and we have a lot of fun in our discord group. Foxmere is a very old island and we will make Ajland look nothing like it. We will make the whole island ourselves and make sure the exterior of houses won't be regioned. This way Ajland can stay beautiful forever.
Dani you're from the Netherlands D: please build Amsterdam for me if you end up winning <3 I personally love your idea so good luck! And i'll have you get you back for what you got me for Christmas, if we end up winning :)

T

Trump15024

And about people wanting to leave our team being scared? It's the same for you guys, people messaged us sayign the exact same thing about you guys.
I have never asked for donations so how can people leave my team. I am the only individual in this whole thing that is bidding and that has the goal of making it a modern island for the community to enjoy.

Ashnxkko

Principal
Former Staff
Verified
Jul 14, 2017
The Netherlands
Dani you're from the Netherlands D: please build Amsterdam for me if you end up winning <3 I personally love your idea so good luck! And i'll have you get you back for what you got me for Christmas, if we end up winning :)
Thank you, I will try my best to make it look like Amsterdam but there is also people who would love to see Copenhagen. I'll try my best to make it look as good as possible if we win it. And awhh you really don't have to give anything back for it. :)

Reactions: OnePunchGrill
T

Trump15024

I would like to lay out my in-depth plan for AJland. This will go over 5 main parts of my plan if I get the island. The 5 parts to the plan is the effect on the economy, the community, the team, the actual plan for the island in general, and about me personally and my qualifications to own AJLand.

My plan and its effect on the economy: Since my plan for AJland includes a community effort towards this project, and when the project is done it will attract many players (tourist) to the island. As I laid out in the plan in the above posts it includes things such as tourist attractions and interactive things such as parks, a zoo, a museum, a aquarium, a library, many restaurants, shops where you can buy and sell many items and shops where people can buy/rent them to sell items, a PVP arena, some regions such as nice houses that are fairly priced and not too many regions like other islands, slime fun gardens, slime fun center for visitors, gleaming infrastructure, and many activities. All these builds and tourist attractions will bring visitors to the island where they can buy and sell things, interact with other players, and have a fun time. By doing this and executing this plan the economy of McCities will be boosted through player to player interaction. Compared to other plans respectfully such as keeping the island for personal use it will have no impact on the economy at all and will not help the community. Compared to more plans such as a “group” of players paying for an island this would impact the economy in a negative way, because all the players who payed for the island will be investing in the ownership of the island which can cause future problems/conflicts, because when you help pay for a region you are helping pay a fraction of the cost to buy the region which could cause ownership problems in the future (example: “I paid 500k to help blank get the island so I own 1/8 of it and I should get a region). The plan I have laid out will boost the server economy and encourage more player to player interaction.

My plan and the community: From the beginning of bidding on AJLand I have involved the community. If I get the island all my plans will be based around involving the community and encouraging “player to player interaction”. You might keep asking why I keep saying this phrase player to player interaction. I keep saying this because the plan I have laid out for the island will bring tourists to AJLand which will encourage players to interact with each other this will help make the community of McCities even stronger by letting all kinds of players new and old to visit AJLand and have a fun time. Not only will it help the community but my plan will help the economy as I have laid out in the economy section of this post.

The Team: If I would get AJLand I would put together a team of server architects, and qualified experienced players to help make this plan possible. My main goal with this team will be communication with each other, the community, and the staff team.

My plan for the island in general: Just imagine a natural, glorious, and modern semi-private island that welcomes visitors and allows players to interact with each other, have fun, and have wonderful experiences. This plan includes many tourist attractions and interactive things such as parks, a zoo, a museum, a aquarium, a library, many restaurants, shops where you can buy and sell many items and shops where people can buy/rent them to sell items, a PVP arena, some regions such as nice houses that are fairly priced and not too many regions like other islands, slime fun gardens, slime fun center for visitors, gleaming infrastructure, and many activities. This plan will be based around making the island look natural including many beaches and tropical features. This is my vision and my plan for AJLand.

My qualifications to own AJLand: I am a qualified person to be the owner of the island. I am an active player my /ar time is almost 60 days which is a lot and shows my dedication to the server, I have the resources to achieve my plan above, and have the knowledge to put together a team to achieve the plan for the island. My jobs right now is I am a teacher and I own a company Apple and if I get this island I will put aside other things to work on the island to achieve my plan. I also have the financial resources to execute my plan for AJLand.

I am not asking for any donations only support from the community. After many days of reviewing my plan, I truly believe my plan will encourage server economic growth and encourage a strong community. If I get this island I will always have my ears open for the community and work with the staff team including @nibble to make this a great island.

My Current bid will increase to 8.5m+A200+Department-1+Sky202+mmh15+mmh22 and this is me bidding along not as a group with anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.