Not open for further replies.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I do agree that 17 people giving donations is sketchy because they want something out of it but in all honesty @sundae22 and I are the only ones who are actually bidding by ourselves to avoid future conflicts. I am the only individual bidding alone to make it into a semi-private modern island for the community to enjoy.
I have never asked for donations so how can people leave my team. I am the only individual in this whole thing that is bidding and that has the goal of making it a modern island for the community to enjoy.
None of your arguments make sence or give a reason to give the island to you. I have nothing to say about the choise but I see no promising future in your ideas or actions and the 2 projects from the people in groups are actually the best.

Also for everyone saying that the donater group from davina and dani is going wrong because people want somethig are as wrong as right.

People want to be in this project because then they will be seen as one of the creators of a beautifull island. When they will do something like buying a new island this way they can say that they have done this before and everyone knows that it went well.

The island owners are not idiots and they will not just give random pieces off land. Once the island is in their hands they can plan out everything piece by piece and slowly build up to their goal.

So yeah, love the ideas from davina and from grill but...

I fully support team amsterdam and hope to bring something special to the server.

Greets

T

Trump15024

None of your arguments make sence or give a reason to give the island to you. I have nothing to say about the choise but I see no promising future in your ideas or actions and the 2 projects from the people in groups are actually the best.

Also for everyone saying that the donater group from davina and dani is going wrong because people want somethig are as wrong as right.

People want to be in this project because then they will be seen as one of the creators of a beautifull island. When they will do something like buying a new island this way they can say that they have done this before and everyone knows that it went well.

The island owners are not idiots and they will not just give random pieces off land. Once the island is in their hands they can plan out everything piece by piece and slowly build up to their goal.

So yeah, love the ideas from davina and from grill but...

I fully support team amsterdam and hope to bring something special to the server.

Greets
I hope you read this. It's
I would like to lay out my in-depth plan for AJland. This will go over 4 main parts of my plan if I get the island. The 4 parts to the plan is the effect on the economy, the community, the team, the actual plan for the island in general, and about me personally and my qualifications to own AJLand.

My plan and its effect on the economy: Since my plan for AJland includes a community effort towards this project, and when the project is done it will attract many players (tourist) to the island. As I laid out in the plan in the above posts it includes things such as tourist attractions and interactive things such as parks, a zoo, a museum, a aquarium, a library, many restaurants, shops where you can buy and sell many items and shops where people can buy/rent them to sell items, a PVP arena, some regions such as nice houses that are fairly priced and not too many regions like other islands, slime fun gardens, slime fun center for visitors, gleaming infrastructure, and many activities. All these builds and tourist attractions will bring visitors to the island where they can buy and sell things, interact with other players, and have a fun time. By doing this and executing this plan the economy of McCities will be boosted through player to player interaction. Compared to other plans respectfully such as keeping the island for personal use it will have no impact on the economy at all and will not help the community. Compared to more plans such as a “group” of players paying for an island this would impact the economy in a negative way, because all the players who payed for the island will be investing in the ownership of the island which can cause future problems/conflicts, because when you help pay for a region you are helping pay a fraction of the cost to buy the region which could cause ownership problems in the future (example: “I paid 500k to help blank get the island so I own 1/8 of it and I should get a region). The plan I have laid out will boost the server economy and encourage more player to player interaction.

My plan and the community: From the beginning of bidding on AJLand I have involved the community. If I get the island all my plans will be based around involving the community and encouraging “player to player interaction”. You might keep asking why I keep saying this phrase player to player interaction. I keep saying this because the plan I have laid out for the island will bring tourists to AJLand which will encourage players to interact with each other this will help make the community of McCities even stronger by letting all kinds of players new and old to visit AJLand and have a fun time. Not only will it help the community but my plan will help the economy as I have laid out in the economy section of this post.

The Team: If I would get AJLand I would put together a team of server architects, and qualified experienced players to help make this plan possible. My main goal with this team will be communication with each other, the community, and the staff team.

My plan for the island in general: Just imagine a natural, glorious, and modern semi-private island that welcomes visitors and allows players to interact with each other, have fun, and have wonderful experiences. This plan includes many tourist attractions and interactive things such as parks, a zoo, a museum, a aquarium, a library, many restaurants, shops where you can buy and sell many items and shops where people can buy/rent them to sell items, a PVP arena, some regions such as nice houses that are fairly priced and not too many regions like other islands, slime fun gardens, slime fun center for visitors, gleaming infrastructure, and many activities. This plan will be based around making the island look natural including many beaches and tropical features. This is my vision and my plan for AJLand.

My qualifications to own AJLand: I am a qualified person to be the owner of the island. I am an active player my /ar time is almost 60 days which is a lot and shows my dedication to the server, I have the resources to achieve my plan above, and have the knowledge to put together a team to achieve the plan for the island. My jobs right now is I am a teacher and I own a company Apple and if I get this island I will put aside other things to work on the island to achieve my plan. I also have the financial resources to execute my plan for AJLand.

I am not asking for any donations only support from the community. After many days of reviewing my plan, I truly believe my plan will encourage server economic growth and encourage a strong community. If I get this island I will always have my ears open for the community and work with the staff team including @nibble to make this a great island.

My Current bid will increase to 8.5m+A200+Department-1+Sky202+mmh15+mmh22 and this is me bidding along not as a group with anyone.
my in-depth plan for the island split up in 5 categories.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I hope you read this. It's

my in-depth plan for the island split up in 5 categories.
Actually kinda the same as grill and dwarfs team. But they are actually nice and helfull to the comunnity and idk I have more hope for them?

But still amsterdam is my team and I will donate to them but I am not at my home right now

T

Trump15024

Actually kinda the same as grill and dwarfs team. But they are actually nice and helfull to the comunnity and idk I have more hope for them?

But still amsterdam is my team and I will donate to them but I am not at my home right now
I hope you actually read that post. I have laid out how my plan will help the community and the economy much more than all other plans.

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
I’d like to bid $13m for the island, but will offer more money and/or properties if needed. I thought about all the feedback and ideas from this post and would like to revise my plan quite a bit. Here is the new and improved version. It will still be relatively private, but people will be able to explore the creation and rent out rooms/bungalows. I’m happy to introduce this in-depth plan!

I will rebuild the entire island with @Shadow_stalker77. There will be several separate tropical islands, kind of like an archipelago. On the largest island, there will be a modern, luxurious resort with tons of amenities - multiple pools, a marina with rentable boats, spas, restaurants, places to hang out, rentable rooms, and lots more. Off the shore of the sprawling sandy beaches, there will be stilted bungalows to visit and rent out (think https://imgur.com/a/4gzsu). There will be tons of details, from lifeguard stands to surfboard rental shops, beach towels and umbrellas to patches of coral reef in the ocean. There’ll be a huge aquarium with tons of fake sea creatures and informational signs, and a wing of the aquarium will be located under the sea with a glass roof. There will be plenty of places to hang out with friends and enjoy the beautiful views wherever you look. The rentable rooms will be in great locations for your luxurious stay.

On a different island, there will be mountains and caves to explore. There will be more informational signs to guide you on hiking trips, cave explorations, and other fun adventures. This island will have rocky shores and cliffs and will have thrilling features, like a zip line (for roleplaying purposes), trampolines, paragliding with the /vehicle parachutes and/or SlimeFun parachutes, free boats, snorkeling with SlimeFun scuba gear, shipwrecks and more coral reefs to explore, and plenty of other fun things to do.

The third island will have a more laid-back atmosphere and will feature an extravagant spa, fancy restaurants, a sauna, hot tubs, more pools, and a tiki bar, among others. There will be modern rooms to stay at on this island, too, if you’d prefer to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the main resort island. This will likely be a smaller island so the visitors can rest and enjoy their vacation privately.

The fourth island will pretty much be a wildlife refuge. There will be pretty gardens, streams, sandy beaches and rocky cliffs, animal habitats, informational signs, tons of plants, flowers, and trees, at least one waterfall, animals, and more.

If there’s room for a fifth island, I’ll build myself a modern mansion. I won’t go into too much detail about this part, mainly because it might not happen.

You’re probably thinking, wow! All this in that small-ish region? Well, I’m pretty good at efficiently planning spaces, and the size of each island is flexible. Depending on how much room I have left, I may end up making several small islands with nothing in particular on them, they’ll just be yet another part of the build to explore and enjoy. I’m very excited for this plan and really hope that my bid is chosen as the winner. It’ll be an extremely fun place for all players to experience and take part in. This will be a one-of-a-kind creation and would be great for the server, thank you for the consideration.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I’d like to bid $13m for the island, but will offer more money and/or properties if needed. I thought about all the feedback and ideas from this post and would like to revise my plan quite a bit. Here is the new and improved version. It will still be relatively private, but people will be able to explore the creation and rent out rooms/bungalows. I’m happy to introduce this in-depth plan!

I will rebuild the entire island with @Shadow_stalker77. There will be several separate tropical islands, kind of like an archipelago. On the largest island, there will be a modern, luxurious resort with tons of amenities - multiple pools, a marina with rentable boats, spas, restaurants, places to hang out, rentable rooms, and lots more. Off the shore of the sprawling sandy beaches, there will be stilted bungalows to visit and rent out (think https://imgur.com/a/4gzsu). There will be tons of details, from lifeguard stands to surfboard rental shops, beach towels and umbrellas to patches of coral reef in the ocean. There’ll be a huge aquarium with tons of fake sea creatures and informational signs, and a wing of the aquarium will be located under the sea with a glass roof. There will be plenty of places to hang out with friends and enjoy the beautiful views wherever you look. The rentable rooms will be in great locations for your luxurious stay.

On a different island, there will be mountains and caves to explore. There will be more informational signs to guide you on hiking trips, cave explorations, and other fun adventures. This island will have rocky shores and cliffs and will have thrilling features, like a zip line (for roleplaying purposes), trampolines, paragliding with the /vehicle parachutes and/or SlimeFun parachutes, free boats, snorkeling with SlimeFun scuba gear, shipwrecks and more coral reefs to explore, and plenty of other fun things to do.

The third island will have a more laid-back atmosphere and will feature an extravagant spa, fancy restaurants, a sauna, hot tubs, more pools, and a tiki bar, among others. There will be modern rooms to stay at on this island, too, if you’d prefer to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the main resort island. This will likely be a smaller island so the visitors can rest and enjoy their vacation privately.

The fourth island will pretty much be a wildlife refuge. There will be pretty gardens, streams, sandy beaches and rocky cliffs, animal habitats, informational signs, tons of plants, flowers, and trees, at least one waterfall, animals, and more.

If there’s room for a fifth island, I’ll build myself a modern mansion. I won’t go into too much detail about this part, mainly because it might not happen.

You’re probably thinking, wow! All this in that small-ish region? Well, I’m pretty good at efficiently planning spaces, and the size of each island is flexible. Depending on how much room I have left, I may end up making several small islands with nothing in particular on them, they’ll just be yet another part of the build to explore and enjoy. I’m very excited for this plan and really hope that my bid is chosen as the winner. It’ll be an extremely fun place for all players to experience and take part in. This will be a one-of-a-kind creation and would be great for the server, thank you for the consideration.
Sorry to say but, AjLand isnt a complete island, its kind of like Gamerboy00 it ends in a hill or cliff, so cutting out the rest of the land to make into water with islands would end up having a flat cliff in one of the sides, if i remember correctly when I was examining the region.

Reactions: Trump15024

Marshmallowsmalk

Marshmallowsmalk
Marshmallowsmalk
May 19, 2017
Ireland
Literally reading all these posts and some are just so targeting at other groups, which I see as quite vicious but meh, I’m opinion sucks half the time xD
Donators are donating to groups as they see that a group’s plan is good and feel that should happen and not bc they want ownership or land. This is about giving back to the community in some way and I feel, by donating to a good cause in my mind, I am doing doing so and I am being actively involved in giving back to the community of McCities.
Everyone here has similar plans; to create a recreational space for anything, whether it be for a few friends, or the whole server.
It’s only a matter of opinion of who you believe will do their best with this island and I wish everyone luck on this auction.

Thanks for reading my rant. Now, rant over.
-Marsh

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
Sorry to say but, AjLand isnt a complete island, its kind of like Gamerboy00 it ends in a hill or cliff, so cutting out the rest of the land to make into water with islands would end up having a flat cliff in one of the sides, if i remember correctly when I was examining the region.
I don't see the hill/cliff, can you send the coords or something?

Reactions: dwarflyncher

Daysies

Aug 24, 2017
So I've been lurking this thread and, all of you guys are coming up with this plan and that. Some of you have donors, and some of you don't and to be honest it doesn't really matter how many you have or how much any of them gave. Other than how much you're offering in your bid, only things that matter in my opinion is whether the island will be nice to look at, whether there will be plots available on it, and whether it will be useful if you don't live there.

Here's the thing: if the majority of players are like me (i.e. lurkers trying to make money), then the only thing that would bring them to an island would be events or some other kind of novelty. Tourist attractions might bring a person in once, and then they're back to mining. As for shops, we have malls already and to be frank I doubt that the prices would change dramatically on your island to compel me to walk all the way there.

I see Copenhagen and Amsterdam coming up a lot in this thread and the whole time I'm just thinking whyyy :confused: The great thing about Minecraft is that you can make anything, but you choose to make basically a bunch of colorful rectangular buildings sticking out of the water with some roads between them. Seems to me, an island like that doesn't exist on mccities yet because it's generic! It looks good in real life because real life isn't blocky and buildings are made for function first of all, so colorful buildings with some extra bits will look nice. But lets face it, it's just going to be a bunch of box-shaped buildings out of different colored clay. No offense to your building abilities by the way. It's just unavoidable with the base design you've picked. Maybe with some nice roofs and interior though, I dunno :p Once again, that's a one-time attraction. And then it's just gonna fill up with cobwebs.

Besides, it's been done already:
http://www.minecraftxl.com/denmark-minecraft-map/

Sundae's aquarium sounds pretty nifty, and I've seen some of her builds so I don't doubt that she can pull it off either. And as far as I'm aware, private islands aren't too much of a biggy on this server. That's more to speed, if you're just making a nice island to look at.

Still, it's not only down to management and builds, I think. Which is why I think Grill's group is way ahead of their time with this, since it looks like no one even understands what they're doing! Let's look: an adventure below the city with underground sewer mazes. Makes me think of those adventure map Minecraft servers I used to spend hours and days exploring. Not to mention, a place where the builds constantly change with their rotating builds idea, it would literally never get old. Maybe they'll throw in some Copenhagen/Amsterdam-esque buildings in one of these days too. And we'll get to look at it for a month, feel good about it, and then replace it with Venice the next month or something.

I get that you guys are all great friends and know each other and stuff and all and that's great that you support each other in your claim. And all of you can throw around tens of millions. Great. But I dunno man, if we're talking about community and utility for the server at large, I rather like Grill's team.

Last edited:

OnePunchGrill

Verified
OnePunchGrill
OnePunchGrill
Jul 10, 2017
Ok, even though I appreciate the support, but I'd rather like it if we could keep the discussion to actual plans to the island and on how to stay committed to keeping the campaign promises. Although entertaining to read, keep some of the hard-lined opinions private, especially since this whole process has been making me sad on how tough and cold I had to be to some of the people that I like, in the hopes of ensuring that the island will end up in the right person's hand :/

To set the tone straight, I will draft up the second phase of my developmental plan for AJLand, it's a lot of work, but I think it's about time I backed up my claims with some concrete sustenance. Goodnight till then <3

-Grill

Ashnxkko

Principal
Former Staff
Verified
Jul 14, 2017
The Netherlands
So I've been lurking this thread and, all of you guys are coming up with this plan and that. Some of you have donors, and some of you don't and to be honest it doesn't really matter how many you have or how much any of them gave. Other than how much you're offering in your bid, only things that matter in my opinion is whether the island will be nice to look at, whether there will be plots available on it, and whether it will be useful if you don't live there.

Here's the thing: if the majority of players are like me (i.e. lurkers trying to make money), then the only thing that would bring them to an island would be events or some other kind of novelty. Tourist attractions might bring a person in once, and then they're back to mining. As for shops, we have malls already and to be frank I doubt that the prices would change dramatically on your island to compel me to walk all the way there.

I see Copenhagen and Amsterdam coming up a lot in this thread and the whole time I'm just thinking whyyy :confused: The great thing about Minecraft is that you can make anything, but you choose to make basically a bunch of colorful rectangular buildings sticking out of the water with some roads between them. Seems to me, an island like that doesn't exist on mccities yet because it's generic! It looks good in real life because real life isn't blocky and buildings are made for function first of all, so colorful buildings with some extra bits will look nice. But lets face it, it's just going to be a bunch of box-shaped buildings out of different colored clay. No offense to your building abilities by the way. It's just unavoidable with the base design you've picked. Maybe with some nice roofs and interior though, I dunno :p Once again, that's a one-time attraction. And then it's just gonna fill up with cobwebs.

Besides, it's been done already:
http://www.minecraftxl.com/denmark-minecraft-map/

Sundae's aquarium sounds pretty nifty, and I've seen some of her builds so I don't doubt that she can pull it off either. And as far as I'm aware, private islands aren't too much of a biggy on this server. That's more to speed, if you're just making a nice island to look at.

Still, it's not only down to management and builds, I think. Which is why I think Grill's group is way ahead of their time with this, since it looks like no one even understands what they're doing! Let's look: an adventure below the city with underground sewer mazes. Makes me think of those adventure map Minecraft servers I used to spend hours and days exploring. Not to mention, a place where the builds constantly change with their rotating builds idea, it would literally never get old. Maybe they'll throw in some Copenhagen/Amsterdam-esque buildings in one of these days too. And we'll get to look at it for a month, feel good about it, and then replace it with Venice the next month or something.

I get that you guys are all great friends and know each other and stuff and all and that's great that you support each other in your claim. And all of you can throw around tens of millions. Great. But I dunno man, if we're talking about community and utility for the server at large, I rather like Grill's team.
I agree that those builds aren’t good looking at all. Our team has more good builders and I’d love to show you some examples of what we’re making! Just message me in game and I’ll show you :) (Moaningx).

This is also one of the first images that pops up if you search for Copenhagen in minecraft. I think this looks more like what we’re planning to do.

Last edited:
T

Trump15024

To clarify:

I'm only accepting money because I'm not going to go through all the property bids to appraise them. The auction will end at 12/29 12 pm EST
Can we bid properties and money if we get an arch to value them? Such as joey since he is fair

Reactions: LavaFlake

DelicateBean

Mar 20, 2017

Omg I hope u get It I would totally live there

DelicateBean

Mar 20, 2017

If you allow houses to be regioned I would pay like 1m for a house or a plot

Reactions: Powerfull and Death

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Can we bid properties and money if we get an arch to value them? Such as joey since he is fair
I dont think that would be fair, for example joey is also bidding there is no way to determine if he gives the actual value and also when judging its opinion based or opinionated, for example Joey likes this huge mansion and there is this other mansion with equal size then he would price the one he likes more. I wouldnt think that would be fair, in the competition its gonna be a either you risk it or not. This means that if you need more money, you need to risk selling those plots for money and not getting it back if you dont win. I would have to agree with nibble since everyone has thier opinion and only one who would be able to judge then would be nibble because he dosent do roleplay and is not joining in the auction. But still pricing plots like that with anyone they will have their opinions and this is not a good idea of letting people judge it in anyway. For example there was this one plot it was around 70x19 or so and on it was a building striped of light blue glass and quartz all the way up. No creativity or design whatsoever, and an arch said it was 900k and the seller insisted to believe no matter how much explanation i do, no interior and was a literal rectangle. Sometimes even archs cant judge well and everyones a person and has their opinion on things which makes everything opinionated which can affect the bid.

Reactions: Izzie and sundae22
T

Trump15024

So it's obvious who is going to win and that's the group with 25m+
I dont think that would be fair, for example joey is also bidding there is no way to determine if he gives the actual value and also when judging its opinion based or opinionated, for example Joey likes this huge mansion and there is this other mansion with equal size then he would price the one he likes more. I wouldnt think that would be fair, in the competition its gonna be a either you risk it or not. This means that if you need more money, you need to risk selling those plots for money and not getting it back if you dont win. I would have to agree with nibble since everyone has thier opinion and only one who would be able to judge then would be nibble because he dosent do roleplay and is not joining in the auction. But still pricing plots like that with anyone they will have their opinions and this is not a good idea of letting people judge it in anyway. For example there was this one plot it was around 70x19 or so and on it was a building striped of light blue glass and quartz all the way up. No creativity or design whatsoever, and an arch said it was 900k and the seller insisted to believe no matter how much explanation i do, no interior and was a literal rectangle. Sometimes even archs cant judge well and everyones a person and has their opinion on things which makes everything opinionated which can affect the bid.
Agreed, only money should be accepted as a bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.