A censor suggestions

ThatOneGuy4205

Jul 11, 2017
Never gonna tell, UK
Whatever is deemed swearing by the server will be censored and to be honest there's quite a few swears here in England that aren't censored but that I won't name for obvious reasons, just because you use a particular word or phrase everyday doesn't mean it's suitable for the server

Reactions: Minty

lucyluhoo

Former Staff
lucyluhoo
lucyluhoo
Jan 1, 2017
yingr hingr dingr
Going on from what OneGuy said, this is a family friendly server, meaning it should be family appropriate. It doesn't really matter what YOU think is okay with word usage, it's what the owners think. Sometimes the word sensory can be a little silly, but it's just there to protect the chat. Abide by the rules even though you don't agree with them, and remember, would your grandmother tolerate you saying those things in front of her? owo

sgt_mason9

Jun 3, 2018
Going on from what OneGuy said, this is a family friendly server, meaning it should be family appropriate. It doesn't really matter what YOU think is okay with word usage, it's what the owners think. Sometimes the word sensory can be a little silly, but it's just there to protect the chat. Abide by the rules even though you don't agree with them, and remember, would your grandmother tolerate you saying those things in front of her? owo
I dont mean it in a bad way its just something i say when im mad and im just tired of getting told to stop bypassing

Reactions: Minty and lucyluhoo

ThatOneGuy4205

Jul 11, 2017
Never gonna tell, UK
Like I said, just because you've become used to saying a particular word or phrase when you're mad or angry or whatever doesn't mean that it's suitable for everyone else on the server, the rules are and will always be the rules

Reactions: Minty

Minty

Verified
Mintyness
Mintyness
Citizen
Dec 22, 2017
dreamstate
still, it doesnt really have a friendly meaning so i guess they have to censor it

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I mean he sort of has a point, why not censor wtf, doesnt mean we all got used go saying ‘what the f***’ means its less insulting, I mean I sort of got used to saying it tbf. But I get why staff also censored ffs because it has a bad meaning. Like how other words like ‘gay’ are censored, if people (general community) deems or uses it in a bad aspect to insult other, even if people are merely describing their gender it can be used as an insult which is why staff censors it. But again a conflict of arguement will always go with the censored stuff.

Reactions: Ena

ThatOneGuy4205

Jul 11, 2017
Never gonna tell, UK
I mean he sort of has a point, why not censor wtf, doesnt mean we all got used go saying ‘what the f***’ means its less insulting, I mean I sort of got used to saying it tbf. But I get why staff also censored ffs because it has a bad meaning. Like how other words like ‘gay’ are censored, if people (general community) deems or uses it in a bad aspect to insult other, even if people are merely describing their gender it can be used as an insult which is why staff censors it. But again a conflict of arguement will always go with the censored stuff.
Acronyms that are associated with swears are still going to be censored for the simple fact they have swears in them. There's a ton of British swears that I use IRL on a daily basis that aren't censored by the server yet they're still considered swears so I don't use them censored or not, no point adjusting the rules to fit one person's needs if eventually everyone else picks up on it and continuously uses them

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
It's censored due to the nature of the server as it mainly contains a younger audience. Only other option I see (that's not uncensoring it) is to replace the word with another that does not contain any swear words.

Last edited:

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
It's censored due to the nature of the server as it mainly contains a younger audience. Only other option I see (that's not uncensoring it) is to replace the word with another that does not contain any swear words.
yes so every time someone swears it changes it to a random adjective pls Kiri xD

CreeperCJG

CreeperCJG
CreeperCJG
Jan 19, 2018
The Police Station
I like the idea of replacing it to another word!

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
Our current chat filter is both good and bad. Sure, it catches spam and swearing, but I'm rather tired of having "Yes, exactly" and
Haha, true. But rules are there to help the server. I know this may sound ludicrous, but it honestly ticks me off that we have very little voice for the server. It's all in the hands of the owners. And yes, without a doubt, the owners are competent. But competent does not mean perfect, and some silly rules are made. It should be in our power to have a rule that just isn't working changed. I understand what you mean by it being about the perception of what the owner thinks is okay; however, I'm the person who is affected by the rules, not the owner. So shouldn't the rules, within reasonable limits, be tempered to the needs of the players, not the ideals of the staff?

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
One other little thing. With all due respect, our chat filter is either underperforming or massively overperforming. First off, I know that no filter is perfect. You either have an extreme level of censorship or a lower level. There isn't really a middle ground. But let's be honest, our chat filter under censors various words and is not particularly good at stopping spam. And yet, when I try to say, "Yes, exactly", it censors it. The same thing goes for the caps filter. If I attempt to use an with an acronym in global chat (CDC, TIC, PAHC, KRISS, and so on), it completely removes all caps from the sentence, including the acronym itself and any words like, "I". "TIC" is a mod. "tic" is a habitual muscle spasm. The caps limit should be increased slightly. More people would be able to spam caps, but because people who want to spam can already do so, I feel the tradeoff would be positive.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade