do something yall

Izzie

Former Staff
Nov 7, 2016
Okay so Im lowkey fed up of the amount of houses on /as info reselling. Theres not a lot there, and usually theyre all bad quality and over priced. Its unfair that certain players should be allowed to have so many mansion, skyscrapers and houses and refuse to sell them. How are new players meant to stick around when they cant even buy a decent house? One player has like more than 50 plots on an account and an alt, refuses to sell them even though they are unused. Its dumb. People that have been playing for a while still have only 1-2 plots. Either more plots should be sold or something should be done about plot hogs. dont have a go at me in the comments just bc u know im right

mmitchh

Teacher
mmitchh
mmitchh
May 7, 2017
I don't necessarily think its a good idea to blame people on this, because they love there plots and don't want to sell them isn't an issue, there is a max at 20. I would say that making new plots would be a better idea, making more would let the server grow more. Again i don't think its a good idea to blame people with a lot of plots.

Minty

Verified
Mintyness
Mintyness
Citizen
Dec 22, 2017
dreamstate
i agree some plots are ridiculously overpriced, but some might keep their plots for a reason i guess

Reactions: jazz450

Shadow_stalker77

Jul 14, 2017
Property taxes wouldn’t really help, either. Property taxes would vary greatly depending on the size/value of the plot. So, someone would have to evaluate all of the plots on the server. Then, the percent would have to be worked out. Irl the US tax rate is between 0.27% and 2.4%, which is a ridiculously small fee. Even a 5% tax wouldn’t make a difference on whether or not someone wants to buy a plot. Example: someone with a $200,000 house paying a 5% tax would pay $10,000 every tax period, so probably each month. This can be earned in no more than 20 minutes at the mine. The only players a tax would hurt are new players who don’t understand the idea of a property tax. They would probably get upset and leave the server, which would hurt the player base. Then, the real estate market would go stagnant until their house goes up for sale 2 months later. And I haven’t even talked about implementation. It could be up to the cops to enforce, but it would be a huge amount of effort for a few days a month. Staff is too busy, but I guess another job could be created to help. At that point, taxes would be a huge waste of time for everyone involved.

T

Trump15024

We could just tax everyone bank and balance every month and the more you have the more you get taxed so you are less likely to buy and hoard plots because you have to worry about losing money to taxes

Reactions: Minty

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Honestly, people do have regions they not need. But with the new rule alt usage is forbidden and only 30 max regions.

The problem is the low supply.
Many houses get unregioned so people can have private islands or redo them.

Many players get a house and leave the server after the summer. 60 days later the house gets up for sale again. So 2 months of a quit market. This just happens.

Want to fix the market indirectly? Make new players stay more often and longer.

Want to fix it directly? Create more houses. Nice ones, empty ones, anything will do. Make them priced sharp. So 250k for a plot worth 270k. Have some trustable realtors sell the regions to newer players to prevent hoarders and tadaa. New houses on the market.

We could just tax everyone bank and balance every month and the more you have the more you get taxed so you are less likely to buy and hoard plots because you have to worry about losing money to taxes
Taxes won't do a thing. If everyone gets taxed you just make money worth a bit more on its own.

Taxes is a system by the goverment to split money more evenly over the people, and to pay for the services of the goverment like roads, schools etc.

Taxes are not used to decrease the amount of money in the economy. Using a percentage a plot will be one of the 2 things:

1. Useless. 10k a plot a month for rich people. Nope. Also complex. What if you can't pay it anymore or you are temporarily inactive.

2. Unfair. 100k a plot will also punish the poor. And a lit more then the rich.
Like dear Shadow described.

My points of view :)

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Property taxes wouldn’t really help, either. Property taxes would vary greatly depending on the size/value of the plot. So, someone would have to evaluate all of the plots on the server. Then, the percent would have to be worked out. Irl the US tax rate is between 0.27% and 2.4%, which is a ridiculously small fee. Even a 5% tax wouldn’t make a difference on whether or not someone wants to buy a plot. Example: someone with a $200,000 house paying a 5% tax would pay $10,000 every tax period, so probably each month. This can be earned in no more than 20 minutes at the mine. The only players a tax would hurt are new players who don’t understand the idea of a property tax. They would probably get upset and leave the server, which would hurt the player base. Then, the real estate market would go stagnant until their house goes up for sale 2 months later. And I haven’t even talked about implementation. It could be up to the cops to enforce, but it would be a huge amount of effort for a few days a month. Staff is too busy, but I guess another job could be created to help. At that point, taxes would be a huge waste of time for everyone involved.
You said it yourself 'size&value' . When a player buys a plot for x amount isn't that the plot's value? Yes paying 5% of a 200k plot's value isn't much, but when you have multiple plots (ex. 50) it stacks up. And many plots are worth over 200k, so that would mean even more taxes when players have multiple mansions. Thinking about it, something like this would also fix the issue of older players hoarding plots. If they have multiple mansions and can't afford to pay the taxes (since they are inactive), then they wouldn't deserve the plot. Taxes don't have to be collected every day, it could be a monthly or even weekly occurrence, which should give newer players plenty of time to get 5-25k to pay off taxes from their plots.

I guess the only plots that would exempt from taxes are islands.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Taxes won't do a thing. If everyone gets taxed you just make money worth a bit more on its own.
Although the money doesn't go to a governing body, it does raise the value of money yes, but it would also discourage players from owning tons and tons of plots.

Taxes is a system by the goverment to split money more evenly over the people, and to pay for the services of the goverment like roads, schools etc.
Yes, but in this case it would control how players own plots

Taxes are not used to decrease the amount of money in the economy. Using a percentage a plot will be one of the 2 things:

1. Useless. 10k a plot a month for rich people. Nope. Also complex. What if you can't pay it anymore or you are temporarily inactive.
Could be a % of plot value which would probably be from 3-50k. Now multiply that by the number of plots a player has and its a larger amount to be paid.

2. Unfair. 100k a plot will also punish the poor. And a lit more then the rich.
Like dear Shadow described.

In what way? If you take a % of a plots value (how much its sold for), rich would always pay more. Its not like newer players are buying mansions, they are buying plots from 50-300k, which would mean they would have the lowest taxes??

@ItzJazzMade

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Uh i guess this is kinda directed on me but ok
I personally don't have much of a problem with Death himself having these plots (good for him to make enough money to do that), but I don't think that it should be possible (or at least later on). If many players commit themselves like he did, we would see a group of players controlling a majority of the plots.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I personally don't have much of a problem with Death himself having these plots (good for him to make enough money to do that), but I don't think that it should be possible (or at least later on). If many players commit themselves like he did, we would see a group of players controlling a majority of the plots.
Actually that isn't profitable. Death bought his regions for very low worth and keeps them to see their worth increase.
At this peek point in the house market (price wise) the house prices will mire likely decrease. Also not many people get as rich.

Reactions: Minty and Death

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Actually that isn't profitable. Death bought his regions for very low worth and keeps them to see their worth increase.
At this peek point in the house market (price wise) the house prices will mire likely decrease. Also not many people get as rich.
some yes, but I would say a good portions are still over 500k