do something yall

Death

Mar 18, 2017
If you do /baltop, it shows the total money. It's around 388mil. But /eco take would get rid of the money, so there'd be 43mil less in the economy, so 345mil. A year ago, there was a lot less than 100mil in the economy, so I'm not entirely sure about how that money was brought in. I assume from the "everyone online gets $500" reward, the payslips, selling things at /warp shop..

Idea 7: Remove the "everyone online gets $500" reward.
Pros - on average, I get $3,000 per day from this, x let's say 30 players online on average = $90,000 brought into the economy, every day. I just found out where 32mil came from throughout the past year...
Cons - Newer players would have to earn a little bit more to rank up. Perhaps remove the reward from Citizens+, like suggested before?

Idea 8: Remove or lower the amount people get from payslips.
Pros - We get $5 per person online, + money from jobs, every 10 minutes. $250 per payslip x 120 minutes = $30,000 brought in daily, which is another 11mil in a year.
Cons - Newer players would have to earn a little bit more to rank up. Perhaps remove the payslip from Citizens+.

Idea 9: Increase buy prices and decrease sell prices at /warp shop! Change the prices so they're actually ridiculous, and then players will have to find player-owned shops to do business with instead of relying on an endless supply of money.
Pros - This is super good for the shop owners, business will increase and money will start flowing around. Also, money *won't* be brought into the economy from a server shop and will instead remain in the economy.
Cons - a little worse for the players that want to sell their items, like miners, lumberjacks, and farmers. Maybe only change the prices of the things not related to jobs, like flowers, redstone supplies, food, dyes, wool, mob drops, etc.
I think idea 7-8 are non negotiable ones. It depends what time your online, how long your online etc. A player barely makes money from that daily even in the long run those barely contribute to someones bal. Mostly I actually think those are helpful for my daily expenses, from /warp and small purchases at shops, everyday things I buy like wood or colored glass/terracota or some really useless stuff. I think that the earnings are very little from it.

Besides dead hours of the day can have like 3-10 people sometimes even less. Peak are mostly the ones who get a major contribution off this.

I also find it quite harsh to say things like ‘redstone’ ‘flowers’ and mob drops or things and even dyes are considerd to be useless. Just tbh with you its already quite expensive, im a regular customer for redstone as I engineerr redstone sf and redstone and other aspects, so i regularly buy some redstone supplies off there if im lazy to make my own as the prices arent too bad, its pretty high ish but for the effort making it and getting the supplies ready its fine for me. Mob drops Already have been severely dropped. Why drop it even more? I mean im just saying not even mob farms can compete with the prices. And yet again not even all players have access to a mob farm or a good one atleast that can make a lot of mob drops. I honestly think that is one of the things that can bring competition on the server as its one of the aspects not available to everyone. I think dye prices are honestly really high even like sea lanters glowstones prismarines and other blocks there are quite expensive already. I use some of them for decoration purposes so I think prices for buying items in shop are already good enough. Tho the only thing mentioned there thats sell able is food flowers and mob drops. Flowers are kinda hard to get unless you wanna actually use bonemeals and just murder your finger go ahead. But I think its fairly hard to get stuff like that. The prices that should actually be lowered are stuff like mining, if you can decrease a median average miners earnings by like 20k thats already a lot im just saying.

Reactions: Minty

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Just saying its kinda pointless to try to fix the inflation when everyone can still have unlimited cash. I mean I honestly dont find anything wrong with jobs as thats how money was brought in the server in the earlier days. /warp shop wasnt really a thing when it started out. For me /warp shop was modtly the reason of high inflation. To name a few abusable methods I may or may have not used in the past which other players used to gain an abundance of cash. The Pumpkin and Melon tactic. The Sugar Cane tactic. The nether wart tactic. The rest of the crops were pretty inferior but they still sold for a ton. The bow tactic. The spider eye strings and ender pearl tactic. Those sold for quite a ton in the past.

Those are to name a few.

Mining is honestly quite pety compared to all those methods, but with the amount of people mining day in day out, it eventually piles up and becomes a lot anyways. I honestly think warp shop isnt the problem, small money gain going in the economy is not bad but the amount of injections of cash going inside outweighs the leakeges by over a 100% or more. The problem kind of was
Plots for example a house was worth 30 thousand in the past, but due to increased earnings of players, money becomes more worth-less and to compete with the prices of plots. Its forced to increase as well. The purchasing power did not at all change, the value of the money did. People from the upper class still have enough money to purchase the best of the bests. Besides this, the only people who are in a greater loss is those who had an abundance of wealth before where they’re money depreciated overtime due to it being worth-less now. If an average ok player back then is a 100k player that 100k may have been worth a 1 mil player now. And those with 1mil back then may hev been worth 10mil back then. Now here is where the economy gap comes in. So the prices were even till the insane methods were discovered and eventually brought in numerous amounts of cash flooding in, leading to the problem in the first place.

Hence /warp shop is the main problem for the existence of the problems. /warp shop was certainly a good idea tho I find it impossible to reverse the effects. Diamonds use to be worth a lot before as diamond armor a full set and max enchants meant your part of the lower portion of the upper class pvpers. Mythics were very rare back then. So its value did not only depreciate houses but even pvp to a certain extent. Now diamond armor is in a certain decline making it look like it was a standard newbie citizens gear. Times really have changed but you can’t reverse the effects. As it has already leeched in the players mindset a standard house is 100k.

Therefore this leads me to my conclusion, the actions done in the past were our mistakes as a whole in the community. We allowed it to happen and let it go on. Im pretty sure a lot of us saw this as a huge opportunity to make money for sure, but we went on and let it happen. All staff was able to go up to was to nerf it. Besides the fact staff also are apart of this community and play the game, meaning several of them may or may have not used some of these methods to earn cash. Its not their fault theyre humans too its temptation just getting the best of us. To address the problem and to fix it completely is quite almost impossible through any simple method. I mean by this is, to actually almost fully erase it is to wipe everyone and restart the server basically. That obviously only brings us to square one which is also no point as mccities will lose its supporters and more than not will lose the players who have already invested a lot of time onto this game. That obviously is not the solution in most cases, what I think would be a viable solution is that to nerf the tactic that is making the most. Its pretty obvious one or more tactic needs to dominate, but based on supply and demand things should also be shifting as it goes. I think that with the amount of miners or people mining, this should lead to a decrease of supply for resources in warp shop therefore firther lowering the prices. With this it may be able to balance out prices in some aspects such as: mob drops, farm goods and ore supply. I think that it should mainly revolve around those, meaning people will be more concious on when to sell they’re ores. And will not always be able to make one thing in an easy dominate over the other.

But of course jobs like architectural usually always dominate as there is a very high demand for it which makes them have a large supply of customers.

I think what makes a person truly successful is if they can find something that no one has access too or only little have.
Agree

Agree that it doesn't really matter as most of these ideas will not really change anything and def not for the better.
(Except stuff for the rich)

Also that changing /warp shop so player owned shops get more attention could work. But jobs are too overpowerd for that too work.

I suggest nerfing jobs for citizen+ so there is not an unlimited amount of money created. But forreal.. does it really matter?

I'm just tossing out ideas, none of these are even happening unless approved and implemented by the owner. So don't worry :p
Well we as a community appreciate you sharing your visions and ideas as a staff member.
(Tho some ideas could really hurt the economy miss ;) )
Thank goodness. They're great ideas, but, to be honest, I'm scared. I feel like the server is in a predicament, and the last thing I want is for us to lose the rest of our players.
Honestly the biggest problem our community has is lose of intrests by old players and new players.
So maybe after the host switch and lagg redusing staff can focus on creating original maybe plugin supported events, games, new warps and maybe even a whole new plugin that adds a new way of making money on the server.

New players should feel more welcome and from the beginning have a reason to keep playinf except mining for 8 hours a day and working on that farm.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
If you do /baltop, it shows the total money. It's around 388mil. But /eco take would get rid of the money, so there'd be 43mil less in the economy, so 345mil. A year ago, there was a lot less than 100mil in the economy, so I'm not entirely sure about how that money was brought in. I assume from the "everyone online gets $500" reward, the payslips, selling things at /warp shop..

Idea 7: Remove the "everyone online gets $500" reward.
Pros - on average, I get $3,000 per day from this, x let's say 30 players online on average = $90,000 brought into the economy, every day. I just found out where 32mil came from throughout the past year...
Cons - Newer players would have to earn a little bit more to rank up. Perhaps remove the reward from Citizens+, like suggested before?

Idea 8: Remove or lower the amount people get from payslips.
Pros - We get $5 per person online, + money from jobs, every 10 minutes. $250 per payslip x 120 minutes = $30,000 brought in daily, which is another 11mil in a year.
Cons - Newer players would have to earn a little bit more to rank up. Perhaps remove the payslip from Citizens+.

Idea 9: Increase buy prices and decrease sell prices at /warp shop! Change the prices so they're actually ridiculous, and then players will have to find player-owned shops to do business with instead of relying on an endless supply of money.
Pros - This is super good for the shop owners, business will increase and money will start flowing around. Also, money *won't* be brought into the economy from a server shop and will instead remain in the economy.
Cons - a little worse for the players that want to sell their items, like miners, lumberjacks, and farmers. Maybe only change the prices of the things not related to jobs, like flowers, redstone supplies, food, dyes, wool, mob drops, etc.
Tl;Dr - There are a lot of random ways players get money for free by doing nothing, and it is bringing a ton of money into the economy unnecessarily. A solution would be to limit these benefits to a certain rank. Also /warp shop might need to be nerfed, to promote player owner businesses.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
I personally don't believe an eco wipe will do much. It will temporarily 'help' a problem, but it is still running away from said problem. The server, like any other factions server will always reach a point where there is just to much money. And Jazz is right, this server is mainly taking away from older players and newer players atm. Why? Because it's harder for newer players to get off their feet, and older player's are looking at the server, and seeing the lack of change and updates - it's almost the same to how it was just a year ago, just with more people complaining about the economy. Whether its through taxes or some other system, it is imperative that there is something that takes money out of the economy.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I honestly think jobs should retain as for me selling to shop is what comprises of most of someones earnings.
If a miner earns at an average of 180k per hour, with the miner job earning at a rate of 100 bucks per every 10 second therefore that comprises of 36k of the 180k meaning it eats up about 20% of the earnings. I think thats fairly good just saying 36k for mining in an hour is ok ish. I dont think the jobs has a problem its more of the prices at shop

T

Trump15024

So if there is 388m or whatever in /baltop that means there is around 140m in just the top bank balances and lots of people have banks so the 388m figure seems to be off to me so there is ATLEAST 528 m but probaly way more as /baltop only shows the total amount of balances

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
So if there is 388m or whatever in /baltop that means there is around 140m in just the top bank balances and lots of people have banks so the 388m figure seems to be off to me so there is ATLEAST 528 m but probaly way more as /baltop only shows the total amount of balances
I don't think that bank balance display updates correctly … ?

T

Trump15024

Ok here is my conservative estimate on how much money is in the economy.

All the balances combined of over 90k players is 388m.

JUST the top 20 bank balances out of around 90k banks is: $137,169,818.

There is over 3.6k region in Mccities if each of them were worth only 150k and some of these are islands mansions etc it would be worth around 540m

Remember the bank balance estimate is just the top 20. This estimate does not include stocks, rare items, items, sf items etc so in my estimate is there is over 1 billion dollars in a quick estimate and it’s way over 1 billion with banks and items so the mccities economy has reached a 1 billion dollar value.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Ok here is my conservative estimate on how much money is in the economy.

All the balances combined of over 90k players is 388m.

JUST the top 20 bank balances out of around 90k banks is: $137,169,818.

There is over 3.6k region in Mccities if each of them were worth only 150k and some of these are islands mansions etc it would be worth around 540m

Remember the bank balance estimate is just the top 20. This estimate does not include stocks, rare items, items, sf items etc so in my estimate is there is over 1 billion dollars in a quick estimate and it’s way over 1 billion with banks and items so the mccities economy has reached a 1 billion dollar value.
Not completely surprised almost every day mccities pulls out 1-2mil at the very least per day, and its been running for years so there is no doubt there is over 1bil

T

Trump15024

Not completely surprised almost every day mccities pulls out 1-2mil at the very least per day, and its been running for years so there is no doubt there is over 1bil
Do you or anyone else have an estimate on how much money is brought into the economy each day

T

Trump15024

Sundae kind of did, but if anyone wants to know, I can make an extensive estimate and go as far as to estimate the amount of money earned from jobs as well
If you could private message me that estimate it will really help with a project I might start up

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
If you could private message me that estimate it will really help with a project I might start up
Or just share it in public.

Also death said buyingpower hasn't changed. Just a /warp shop for rich people with expensive stuff for fun would be nice and actually mean something for the economy.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Alright guys, I'm going to make a thread for it later when it is fully complete, but as of now, this is what I have found. I am only posting this 'uncompleted' version because I am going away for a few days and I wanted to share this. Please note, that these are all ESTIMATES, so if you want, take it or leave it. From the time of posting this comment, I've written about 1.5k words.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CW0vwkorIWKeyS5NLXCkYVeaK55SPWEUtxloR7DwrGc/edit