LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
1) @Neilio_Xtreme

2) An exact copy of our loan group only a week after we released.

3) It's not a matter of proof more like un-ethical.

I'm suing on behalf of @Death and @Powerfull and myself due to the fact neilio literally took our group's loan packages and made a bank and put it in his services. The only thing that was changed was the name of the packages. You see, things like this are what stops people from bringing new and creative ideas onto the server. It took us weeks to make this loan group and for people to just copy paste it into their companies not only discourages people to develop new ideas but in a way takes away all matter of originality on MCcities. Now there should be a policy of originality added to rules to prevent such things from happening in the future. Such as Developing some kind of copyright similar to irl.

This is just one case where neilio has copied other's ideas.
Some other cases are:
Trump with apple
Causal with safari
Bpacer with his real estate group
and knight with his real estate group

(The people mentioned above have permission to post)

Of course, X bank does have some good services but the loaning service is an exact copy of our idea, which I and the others that allowed me to speak on their behalf don't think is fair and now is the time where we put an end to copycats. I tried being sensible with neilio but he/she insists that what he/she has done is correct.

Last edited:

Casual

devilu
devilu
Aug 25, 2017
Minecraft
Yeah I agree with lava.
Because Neilio, has copied my company, Safari's branch of Real Estate. As you guys know my company was originally supposed to be released on April 17th, but due to other companies copying my idea that needed to be delayed. And for Neilio to just make a Real Estate in seconds and not putting any effort into it it's quite un- ethical.

Reactions: laggynab and Minty
T

Trump15024

As the owner of Apple, I am requesting staff rule in favor of Lavas court case. As stated by Lava, Neilio has copied the unique ideas of many players. A major example of these copyright breaches is the stealing of MC Loan Group's idea of packages for different investments and loan levels. Due to Neilio stealing these unique ideas it could put companies at risk and could cause the elimination of these well thought out services in the economy. Apple is requesting this court case be decided in Lavas favor because Apple believes in a fair economy, the companies and or ideas he copied were partnered with Apple or Apple had an ownership role in the companies or ideas that Neilio copied.

Neilio_Xtreme

Neilio_Xtreme
Neilio_Xtreme
Oct 10, 2017
Yeah okay, let's start with what we have:

1. There are now at least two private financial groups, MLG and X Bank. We won't count Trump's attempt at using Ocean View as a loan group, at least for now. There are also a few real estate groups, of which I don't own any so idk where @JustYourCasual is coming from. Like anyone I sell plots every now and then but wouldn't call it a real estate group.

2. While a copyright system could be useful for special machine/system designs, it's actually harmful to put restrictions on creative ideas. Basically, yes, Lava was the first to announce the service of offering loans. However, if that is the only provider of a loan service, now Lava has a monopoly and has complete control over interest rates. Especially with inflation, loans could become more prevalent in our economy. This would mean consumers would be forced to adhere to whatever standards Lava decides to enforce. Not exactly healthy for a free-market capitalistic system.

3. Now, as mentioned above, loans are only one of the services X Bank offers. As MLG is a loans group and X Bank offers most of the services a standard bank offers (Savings and loans, to cover the basics) the two entities are different even though they offer one of the same services. You'll see this irl and the two different institutions coexist just fine do to one being a general financial institution and the other having a specialty, which typically reflects in the product the consumer gets.

tl;dr Monopolies shouldn't be allowed, there's no harm done here, competition benefits the consumer.

T

Trump15024

1. There are now at least two private financial groups, MLG and X Bank. We won't count Trump's attempt at using Ocean View as a loan group, at least for now. There are also a few real estate groups, of which I don't own any so idk where @JustYourCasual is coming from. Like anyone I sell plots every now and then but wouldn't call it a real estate group.

2. While a copyright system could be useful for special machine/system designs, it's actually harmful to put restrictions on creative ideas. Basically, yes, Lava was the first to announce the service of offering loans. However, if that is the only provider of a loan service, now Lava has a monopoly and has complete control over interest rates. Especially with inflation, loans could become more prevalent in our economy. This would mean consumers would be forced to adhere to whatever standards Lava decides to enforce. Not exactly healthy for a free-market capitalistic system.

3. Now, as mentioned above, loans are only one of the services X Bank offers. As MLG is a loans group and X Bank offers most of the services a standard bank offers (Savings and loans, to cover the basics) the two entities are different even though they offer one of the same services. You'll see this irl and the two different institutions coexist just fine do to one being a general financial institution and the other having a specialty, which typically reflects in the product the consumer gets.

tl;dr Monopolies shouldn't be allowed, there's no harm done here, competition benefits the consumer.
To form a monopoly Lava would have to be using every resource he has to control the loaning market. For example, Lava has not once requested to be the rightful owner of loans on the server, however, he is asking other companies to not use unique ideas/systems of loaning that he came up with. So in no way has Lava or his company tried to limit competition if anything it would be your bank limiting competition by copying the exact same system Lava came up with see you are using the idea he came up with and consumers on McCities have 1 banking choice when there are 2 loaning companies because you copied his unique system now since you created your bank instead of using your bank as a new bank/form of competition in the market you just copied another idea which adds 0 competition in the economy

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano

It benefits the customers up until the idea gets dragged down and cannot be restored. Some examples to clarify what i mean:

1) Overpriced Plots being sold (lasted for about 7months and is still going)
2) Mass amounts of companies being created which then separates customers. What i mean by that is now we can say that there are well over 30 companies on the server. The only people buying from these companies are the company owner friends most of the time.

This server isn't a dictatorship. If something is wrong staff can easily correct it. Such as "monopolies", an example of a monopoly being stopped is, for example, the nether star issue if you are familiar with it. Tiger was the only person in that field and when limits were crossed staff handled it. Keep in mind powerfull is a moderator and his job is to report whatever harms this server. If what standards WE as a group set harms the economy, then powerfull would have to report it himself. So thats my response to the monopoly justification you provided for stealing ideas. Still i dont see a valid justification as to why you couldn't just think of this yourself instead of just copying. By the response you made it makes it pretty clear that you understand and admit that you quite literally copy pasted my idea into your bank.

T

Trump15024

The main thing is not that a service was copied but a unique system developed to distribute that service was copied

Neilio_Xtreme

Neilio_Xtreme
Neilio_Xtreme
Oct 10, 2017
To form a monopoly Lava would have to be using every resource he has to control the loaning market. For example, Lava has not once requested to be the rightful owner of loans on the server, however, he is asking other companies to not use unique ideas/systems of loaning that he came up with. So in no way has Lava or his company tried to limit competition if anything it would be your bank limiting competition by copying the exact same system Lava came up with see you are using the idea he came up with and consumers on McCities have 1 banking choice when there are 2 loaning companies because you copied his unique system now since you created your bank instead of using your bank as a new bank/form of competition in the market you just copied another idea which adds 0 competition in the economy
Wait, you're saying he hasn't tried to eliminate competition, on a post that is requesting that a competitor cease its competitive service. You also repeat what has already been laid out, which hasn't changed anything.

T

Trump15024

Wait, you're saying he hasn't tried to eliminate competition, on a post that is requesting that a competitor cease its competitive service. You also repeat what has already been laid out, which hasn't changed anything.
He is requesting you cease the use of the system he developed to distribute the service not the actual service

Neilio_Xtreme

Neilio_Xtreme
Neilio_Xtreme
Oct 10, 2017
It benefits the customers up until the idea gets dragged down and cannot be restored. Some examples to clarify what i mean:

1) Overpriced Plots being sold (lasted for about 7months and is still going)
2) Mass amounts of companies being created which then separates customers. What i mean by that is now we can say that there are well over 30 companies on the server. The only people buying from these companies are the company owner friends most of the time.

This server isn't a dictatorship. If something is wrong staff can easily correct it. Such as "monopolies", an example of a monopoly being stopped is, for example, the nether star issue if you are familiar with it. Tiger was the only person in that field and when limits were crossed staff handled it. Keep in mind powerfull is a moderator and his job is to report whatever harms this server. If what standards WE as a group set harms the economy, then powerfull would have to report it himself. So thats my response to the monopoly justification you provided for stealing ideas. Still i dont see a valid justification as to why you couldn't just think of this yourself instead of just copying. By the response you made it makes it pretty clear that you understand and admit that you quite literally copy pasted my idea into your bank.
1. Real estate is a different issue but if you're intent on relating to this subject, we could go by principles. Are you saying whoever was the first person to implement the idea of buying a plot and then selling it for a higher price should be the only one who does this?
2. Well everyone should be allowed the freedom to try to open whatever business they wish. Over time if their business model isn't solid or someone else has better prices/strategies/is lucky/etc. they'll pursue other ventures. That's kinda how businesses get weeded out and how people select what businesses they choose to patronize.
Powerfull is an upstanding dude but your justification is off, because what constitutes "harm" is extremely subjective in the case of an economy where businesses compete to make as much money as possible. He enforces the rules and helps players but who's to say one person's harm isn't another person's monetary gain? Pulling the mod card doesn't automatically win :p

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
1. Real estate is a different issue but if you're intent on relating to this subject, we could go by principles. Are you saying whoever was the first person to implement the idea of buying a plot and then selling it for a higher price should be the only one who does this?
2. Well everyone should be allowed the freedom to try to open whatever business they wish. Over time if their business model isn't solid or someone else has better prices/strategies/is lucky/etc. they'll pursue other ventures. That's kinda how businesses get weeded out and how people select what businesses they choose to patronize.
Powerfull is an upstanding dude but your justification is off, because what constitutes "harm" is extremely subjective in the case of an economy where businesses compete to make as much money as possible. He enforces the rules and helps players but who's to say one person's harm isn't another person's monetary gain? Pulling the mod card doesn't automatically win :p
1. The mod card isn't even mine to pull, how you understand it may be different of how i meant it.
2. You're putting my words in literal format, what I said was an example of how allowing people to copy other's ideas leads to the death of that business as we've all seen.
3. What you're saying relates to irl business, not in-game ones, don't mix the two up. They may seem similar but they're very different.
4. My justification is spot on, you should try to fix yours where you left it as "its ok to steal peoples idea's as long as they benefit the customers".
Well everyone should be allowed the freedom to try to open whatever business they wish
5. No one is limiting your freedom. In fact, it's actually the other way around. I don't recall stealing as a freedom act.
6. Pulling the re-wording card is an old one, better luck next time :p

Neilio_Xtreme

Neilio_Xtreme
Neilio_Xtreme
Oct 10, 2017
Ah okay the issue is that we see ideas differently. I'm not of the opinion that you can own an idea. You are and want to make it your property and treat it as such. And then make money off of it without someone else getting in the way. At least that last part is the way it seems, otherwise why make the post in the first place?

T

Trump15024

Ah okay the issue is that we see ideas differently. I'm not of the opinion that you can own an idea. You are and want to make it your property and treat it as such. And then make money off of it without someone else getting in the way. At least that last part is the way it seems, otherwise why make the post in the first place?
You are accusing lava of a monopoly. A monopoly is limiting a service. Lava is not limiting the service of loaning just to him he is trying to limit you from copying a unique system to distribute the service. The service of loaning is not owned by anyone however the unique systems is and that is why he is suing.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
You are accusing lava of a monopoly. A monopoly is limiting a service. Lava is not limiting the service of loaning just to him he is trying to limit you from copying a unique system to distribute the service. The service of loaning is not owned by anyone however the unique systems is and that is why he is suing.
Couldn't have said it better. Once again @Neilio_Xtreme manipulating my words to make them sound like im the goblin and you as Batman isn't fooling anyone. What I said makes sense, the only problem here is that you think what im doing is stupid simply because you don't understand what having a creative and unique idea is. You're more of a "why think when i can just copy" type of person i suppose.

Neilio_Xtreme

Neilio_Xtreme
Neilio_Xtreme
Oct 10, 2017
Couldn't have said it better. Once again @Neilio_Xtreme manipulating my words to make them sound like im the goblin and you as Batman isn't fooling anyone. What I said makes sense, the only problem here is that you think what im doing is stupid simply because you don't understand what having a creative and unique idea is. You're more of a "why think when i can just copy" type of person i suppose.
Yeah I'm not gonna do this with you, as it's devolving pretty quickly. Once ad hominem starts being used we need to get back to the point.

Is there a purpose of suing me? If so, what are your demands? It might give better insight to the situation.

If there are none, maybe you should make a suggestion as to some sort of idea copyright system. Maybe one where people apply for a certain idea like MLG and then staff can delegate over issues when they arise and determine who did what first and if two ideas are similar enough to considered copying and what the appropriate actions should be.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
Yeah I'm not gonna do this with you, as it's devolving pretty quickly. Once ad hominem starts being used we need to get back to the point.

Is there a purpose of suing me? If so, what are your demands? It might give better insight to the situation.

If there are none, maybe you should make a suggestion as to some sort of idea copyright system. Maybe one where people apply for a certain idea like MLG and then staff can delegate over issues when they arise and determine who did what first and if two ideas are similar enough to considered copying and what the appropriate actions should be.
There is a purpose for suing you as stated above. My demands are simply to remove the loan system from your bank. I like your other services and personally was thinking of using some myself such as the investments. Its new and original and I like it. Finally, your suggestion sounds like a great plan. That way it will also decrease the numbers of companies enough to have the business stable for quite some time at least.

Reactions: laggynab

Neilio_Xtreme

Neilio_Xtreme
Neilio_Xtreme
Oct 10, 2017
There is a purpose for suing you as stated above. My demands are simply to remove the loan system from your bank. I like your other services and personally was thinking of using some myself such as the investments. Its new and original and I like it. Finally, your suggestion sounds like a great plan. That way it will also decrease the numbers of companies enough to have the business stable for quite some time at least.
Unfortunately me offering the service of loans doesn't break any rules and after discussing it further I don't see it as a problem, so X Bank will continue to offer it. I would see it as setting a worse precedent to back down and remove it, so it's here to stay.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
Unfortunately me offering the service of loans doesn't break any rules and after discussing it further I don't see it as a problem, so X Bank will continue to offer it. I would see it as setting a worse precedent to back down and remove it, so it's here to stay.
In case you didn't know, court cases aren't for things that are against the rules it's for un-ethical acts such as the one you're committing. For people that violate rules that would be the report a player section. :)

Neilio_Xtreme

Neilio_Xtreme
Neilio_Xtreme
Oct 10, 2017
In case you didn't know, court cases aren't for things that are against the rules it's for un-ethical acts such as the one you're committing. For people that violate rules that would be the report a player section. :)
Exactly why the second part of that first sentence exists. Just an insurance statement is all. Now if you're done trying to slander me, you can make a thread in the suggestions section :)

Status
Not open for further replies.