Gun/Movement Tips

Tsuchikage

Nov 7, 2017
(Even though I'm new, I still have a very good knowledge of Vehicles, Crackshot and Crackshot+, as well as SurvivalMechanics)

Gun Mechanics:

1: Movement

If you have not already noticed, every gun has a certain weight. Each gun will mitigate your movement speed to certain extents. Some less, others more. This is good to note, since knowing your weapon's speed mitigation can be beneficial in knowing which weapon to use in certain situations, e.g. pistol for short range, rifle for mid-range, and sniper for, of course, long range.
(Feature of CrackShot+)

2: Bullet Velocity & Gravity

Most weapons will have a bullet speed and a certain gravity which will affect when and where the projectile will fall. Most notably with the pistol, bullet speed and gravity are more pronounced than the rifle. Like a bow, it is best to time your shots as well as calculate their landing spot carefully when fighting.
(Feature of both CS and CS+)

3: Bullet Spread & Accuracy

Due to the guns being linked to CrackShot+, most guns (if not all) will have a certain module where sneaking will better increase your accuracy and lessen bullet spread (may not be the case for the shotgun). This is important so you can gauge whether or not, if at a safe distance, it is suitable to shift.
(Feature of both CS and CS+)

Special Movement Mechanics:

1: Crawling

Most common is crawling. This can be done via hitting shift twice in quick succession. This way, you can reposition your hitbox, making you harder to hit (in range combat). You can also crawl under spaces. However, you cannot crawl under spaces lesser than a block's width/height.

2: Sliding

Derived from crawling, the mechanics are virtually the same, however, instead of crawling forward, you slide forward quickly. This can be done via sprinting for a good amount of time (may display a message in your item name displayer letting you know you may slide) and hitting shift twice. Useful for quick getaways or swapping cover.

3: Wallclimbing

Wall climbing is as literal as it sounds. For a brief period of time, you can quickly shift when up against a wall (must be face-first) to wall climb. To wall climb greater distances, you can hit shift multiple times. Be wary of your remaining charges, however (see Charges below), as well as fall damage.

4: Roofhang/Ceilinghang

Roof/cieling hanging is pretty much sticking to a flat surface above you for a brief period of time. To roofhang, jump up while facing the cieling, and right click the surface above you. You should then be sticking to the cieling. Hold the button you use to walk forward to drift forward slowly. However, you can only roofhang for a very brief period of time. Watch your charge count (see Charges below).

5: Charges

Charges are specific to only wall climbing and roof hanging, yet work differently for one another. For wall climbing, charges act as short bursts. Once you run out, you fall to the ground, and must wait for them to recharge. For roof hanging, they act as a timer for how long you can hang. Similar to wall climbing, you will fall when charges run out.

Hope this helped!

legoprodigy

Apr 30, 2017
Not so much a suggestion.... and also, I don't believe sneaking would make the gauss more accurate. Its basically an assault rifle that fires shotgun shells very fast. It deals lots of damage, and because you cannot see the bullets spreading like crazy, accuracy isn't so much a problem as distance is. However, I myself am a rifle user. Everything else is good though! :D

Tsuchikage

Nov 7, 2017
Not so much a suggestion.... and also, I don't believe sneaking would make the gauss more accurate. Its basically an assault rifle that fires shotgun shells very fast. It deals lots of damage, and because you cannot see the bullets spreading like crazy, accuracy isn't so much a problem as distance is. However, I myself am a rifle user. Everything else is good though! :D
I swear I said that in there but now I checked I didn't... o_O Looks like I should be more careful next time thanks lol