McCities Suggestions!

Which suggestion do you like?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemonss

Oct 24, 2016
Hi, I'm Lemonss!

After playing this server for months, I have seen a lot of issues come up. I have decided to come up with a thread of long suggestions that can be added to McCities! Please note, as most of these suggestions are mine, some were also suggested by other members of the community, so I do not take full credit for what I post. I will attach a poll with numbers. The number of the suggestion will be the same as on the poll, so vote for what you think is a good suggestion! If you do not agree or like a suggestion, Do not vote and tell me your opinion via a reply. Also please suggest more suggestions!

1. Add Bulk Selling/Buying
Self-explanatory, Just make it so we don't have to spend 5m selling an inventory of items or buying an inventory of items.

2. Add more rank bonuses
As you progress through McCities, ranks are a big part. But unfortunately, other then a few jobs here and there, there really is no benefit for having a higher rank. My suggestion? Add new jobs to players. Add discounts to players with different ranks on shop (So like for a millionaire stone could cost $20 to buy, but for a citizen, it could be $30), add special properties and warps those players can go to in order to earn money, etc.

3.Update Jobs
For the longest time ever, jobs have always been a way to get money. Unfortunately, with some jobs broken and others with no perks, there is no reason to get them. My suggestion? Add new perks to jobs. For example, currently, there are multiple players with CEO which has no benefits. How about you make it so only CEO's can make companies and they can benefit from shop. Or make it so chefs can go and collect wheat from a designated area and make bread and sell it to an NPC? Or make it so taxi drivers can actually do things.

4.Add Missions or side jobs
If you play GTA, you will understand where I come from. Sometimes, randomly you will get a call from GTA characters telling you about cool races, cool jobs, etc. There should be similar here on McCities. Randomly throughout the day, there are various different missions like a parkour, a boss fight, a race, something. Maybe you have to collect 10 apples from cutting trees, Maybe you need to go and kill the ender dragon. All of these are good ways to randomly incorporate players together and a nice way to get money.

5.Host server events
Something nice IRL is the ability to go to events and partake in good memories. Something cities should do is announce events open to players in which they can earn special rare admin items, cool perks, money items and so on. Some events might be a PVP event, a build comp, a scavenger hunt, a theater performance, etc! Announce them on forums and let players know a certain time and date!

6. Add some new warps.
Currently, the server is fun and good. But it is missing something. It would be nice to be able to go to ./warp slime fun and you could see an example of SF items and SF machines. Not only would this benefit new players wondering how to make machines and their uses, this would also help other players see what some SF items do and what some perks are. Clearly, not everything in SF should be there but have a basic tutorial.

7.Add more special jobs
Back in the day, there were things like priests, different ministers, principals, etc. Currently, to my knowledge, there is only Minister of S, and Principal. Something that should change is the addition of some priests. Add some new jobs.

8. Allow players to officially own cities and towns
What's good about a cities server? Being able to officially own a city. Currently, some players own islands, parts of land, and other things which they make plots and sell to players. People should be able to officially own cities and be elected Mayor and have a say in rules, building structure, etc.

9. Specify rules correctly.
You know what sucks? Unfairness and being too broad. If you are having server rules which are broad and players do not understand, then it will cause and spark controversy whenever a punishment is not understood or is taken the wrong way. Specify what breaking the rule is and examples of it. Go into detail and make sure all of the punishments players get are specified on forums or any official rule document. Also, another issue can be with the punishment itself. The rules say that you will be banned for X days if you do something, but the common case is that ban does not happen, more a warn. Punishments should follow forums.

Please suggest more ideas and more things that can be added to McCities!
-Lemonss

Coban

Developer
Jul 31, 2014
Was thinking of #9 already. When I get the time I'll recreate the server rules.

Reactions: Lemonss

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016
Was thinking of #9 already. When I get the time I'll recreate the server rules.
I think I still have a set of some old rules that i modified to be less vague/broad of course you would check them over before hand.

Reactions: Lemonss

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016
I think I still have a set of some old rules that i modified to be less vague/broad of course you would check them over before hand.
Im sure you will find a way to get in contact with me over these rules. And I will try to be available as possible for them.

Rocketblaze

Apr 16, 2016
For rule number 7. Special Jobs are usually created by players.
For rule number 9. This goes along with real life with police having to state the persons rights. Example: Put your hands up you have the RIGHT to remain silent.

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016
For rule number 7. Special Jobs are usually created by players.
For rule number 9. This goes along with real life with police having to state the persons rights. Example: Put your hands up you have the RIGHT to remain silent.
This would be a problem because not all players can type fast. And it would give the criminals the ability to run away during that time.

Andesine

Oct 26, 2016
What's good about a cities server? Being able to officially own a city. Currently, some players own islands, parts of land, and other things which they make plots and sell to players. People should be able to officially own cities and be elected Mayor and have a say in rules, building structure, etc.
But what about people, like you and me, who own islands? What would happen to them? If a Mayor was elected for them, we wouldn't own them anymore. And you couldn't just be able to elect yourself Mayor every term. Would the cities be separate from islands? Because I've worked hard on my islands, and I know you have and so has everyone else who owns islands, and I really don't want to just randomly lose it to some guy who was elected by a bunch of tourists that they gave a bunch of random crap to get votes.

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016
But what about people, like you and me, who own islands? What would happen to them? If a Mayor was elected for them, we wouldn't own them anymore. And you couldn't just be able to elect yourself Mayor every term. Would the cities be separate from islands? Because I've worked hard on my islands, and I know you have and so has everyone else who owns islands, and I really don't want to just randomly lose it to some guy who was elected by a bunch of tourists that they gave a bunch of random crap to get votes.
Cayman used to have a president, I think lemons means that, It could be that you can get a mayor for your island to help to admin create your own police force or something. But you still technically own it have a hierarchy like that.

Andesine

Oct 26, 2016
Cayman used to have a president, I think lemons means that, It could be that you can get a mayor for your island to help to admin create your own police force or something. But you still technically own it have a hierarchy like that.
Ohh that would be great. Itd be so nice to be able to like do other things instead of trying to run islands 24/7. This would be great, and there could also be like wars between some of the bigger cities, maybe.

D

Deleted member 832

Ohh that would be great. Itd be so nice to be able to like do other things instead of trying to run islands 24/7. This would be great, and there could also be like wars between some of the bigger cities, maybe.
Passports, citizenship, your own laws, fire spread/explosions enabled. That would be awesome

bennyhendrick10

Dec 30, 2014
England
So you want to make your own goverment for your own islands? If your islands are small i can see how there can be problems.

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
I don't think fire spread and explosions should be added. But president jobs would be great.

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016
I don't think fire spread and explosions should be added. But president jobs would be great.
I agree, war between islands adds a cool mix and a use for the army that was planned to be made, is that still a thing or not?.

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
I agree, war between islands adds a cool mix and a use for the army that was planned to be made, is that still a thing or not?.
No armoy isn't a thing. But this will make is possible for swat and military.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
Hi, I'm Lemonss!

After playing this server for months, I have seen a lot of issues come up. I have decided to come up with a thread of long suggestions that can be added to McCities! Please note, as most of these suggestions are mine, some were also suggested by other members of the community, so I do not take full credit for what I post. I will attach a poll with numbers. The number of the suggestion will be the same as on the poll, so vote for what you think is a good suggestion! If you do not agree or like a suggestion, Do not vote and tell me your opinion via a reply. Also please suggest more suggestions!

1. Add Bulk Selling/Buying
Self-explanatory, Just make it so we don't have to spend 5m selling an inventory of items or buying an inventory of items.

2. Add more rank bonuses
As you progress through McCities, ranks are a big part. But unfortunately, other then a few jobs here and there, there really is no benefit for having a higher rank. My suggestion? Add new jobs to players. Add discounts to players with different ranks on shop (So like for a millionaire stone could cost $20 to buy, but for a citizen, it could be $30), add special properties and warps those players can go to in order to earn money, etc.

3.Update Jobs
For the longest time ever, jobs have always been a way to get money. Unfortunately, with some jobs broken and others with no perks, there is no reason to get them. My suggestion? Add new perks to jobs. For example, currently, there are multiple players with CEO which has no benefits. How about you make it so only CEO's can make companies and they can benefit from shop. Or make it so chefs can go and collect wheat from a designated area and make bread and sell it to an NPC? Or make it so taxi drivers can actually do things.

4.Add Missions or side jobs
If you play GTA, you will understand where I come from. Sometimes, randomly you will get a call from GTA characters telling you about cool races, cool jobs, etc. There should be similar here on McCities. Randomly throughout the day, there are various different missions like a parkour, a boss fight, a race, something. Maybe you have to collect 10 apples from cutting trees, Maybe you need to go and kill the ender dragon. All of these are good ways to randomly incorporate players together and a nice way to get money.

5.Host server events
Something nice IRL is the ability to go to events and partake in good memories. Something cities should do is announce events open to players in which they can earn special rare admin items, cool perks, money items and so on. Some events might be a PVP event, a build comp, a scavenger hunt, a theater performance, etc! Announce them on forums and let players know a certain time and date!

6. Add some new warps.
Currently, the server is fun and good. But it is missing something. It would be nice to be able to go to ./warp slime fun and you could see an example of SF items and SF machines. Not only would this benefit new players wondering how to make machines and their uses, this would also help other players see what some SF items do and what some perks are. Clearly, not everything in SF should be there but have a basic tutorial.

7.Add more special jobs
Back in the day, there were things like priests, different ministers, principals, etc. Currently, to my knowledge, there is only Minister of S, and Principal. Something that should change is the addition of some priests. Add some new jobs.

9. Specify rules correctly.
You know what sucks? Unfairness and being too broad. If you are having server rules which are broad and players do not understand, then it will cause and spark controversy whenever a punishment is not understood or is taken the wrong way. Specify what breaking the rule is and examples of it. Go into detail and make sure all of the punishments players get are specified on forums or any official rule document. Also, another issue can be with the punishment itself. The rules say that you will be banned for X days if you do something, but the common case is that ban does not happen, more a warn. Punishments should follow forums.

Please suggest more ideas and more things that can be added to McCities!
-Lemonss
1. Perhaps in the future, something that isn't absolutely necessary as of now, as other work are prioritized.

2. We've already thought about creating benefits in terms of ranks regarding shop prices, but generally, just need to find a good balance of prices for how many ranks there are.

3. Test plugins is currently in work, likely will go through all the jobs once it is done.

4. Added fishing contests, but I'll see if I can add something like this soon as it sounds pretty interesting.

5. Will look into it

6. Once again, not a priority, but it will be looked into in the future.

7. same as the tests

8. I personally believe in limited supply of items like islands. If too many people owned islands, they would not be so special anymore, and players would be spread out even more, discouraging player interaction.

Reactions: Donut and Heather

xSyncx

Oct 26, 2016
This is a great idea, what about wars between cities. The mayor has to raise an army and the winning city gets money or more land to expand their city.

Status
Not open for further replies.