Mccities - The end of an Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennyhendrick1

Aug 24, 2018
hey dude, you brought a new level of toxicity to cities, but if you've seen it in the past 1 1/2-2 years you're nothing. i am genuinely confused on why leanne made it on your list and not some other player like lems or josh though.

as for you lauren lmaoooo just telling you that you didn't join in 2016 dude but ive been meaning to tell you im gonna shoot myself if you dont smile DONT FORGET TO *a word that staff with use as a reason to take down my post* SMILE
Lemon did make the list if you can read.. and as i said i can't remember every single player; only relevant people made MY list (Emphasis on the MY).

And as for the server dying you are all getting defensive about me stating an obvious truth. This has been an on-going issue for McCities since the dawn of time:

Server is Alive and Active - Server dies down - Period of dead server - NEW INTERESTING FEATURES - Server is revived - Server is Alive and Active - Server dies down... and so on and so on.
If you all want the server to come back so much its pointless complaining about it on the forums. Ive done my part, whether people thought it was productive or destructive thats another topic, but the only thing i can say is voices are heard on the server if you all band together like this. Post a forum post on new suggestions, new plugins, new builds; something to bring back interest into the server!

Reactions: laggynab and Minty

Bennyhendrick1

Aug 24, 2018
You've never been around when it was alive. Both me and Benny were around when the server was in its golden age. Ask any veteran player whose been around since 2015 or earlier. The community is only a fraction of what it used to be.
The one and only Ninjabunny!

It was good catching up with you earlier this morning Benny, I’m happy someone is still around that I can talk to about the past. My memory of you is quite vivid other than the part that you griefed and killed me, but you’re still someone from the past and that means a lot. I hope one day you come back and the server starts to thrive once again, until then best of luck.
-willow
Yeah i can remember quite a lot about my history on McCities (Exploits, destruction and too many bans). But, If we live in the past we can never reach the future. My time on Mccities is gone, however, i thought a proper send off was necessary and that an apology to Kiri was much needed.

and with that... the end.

Good luck Mccities and to all the players.
Signing out,
-Ben.

ThatOneGuy4205

Jul 11, 2017
Never gonna tell, UK
LOL the server isnt dying. We dont just dedicate our lives to playing cities. We have friends and other people we would like to talk to. I for one have sports and other school things i have to deal with before playing. I try to make time for cities but sometimes I cant. Whenever i am on tho, the community is as alive and welcoming as ever. You just need to become friends with the people on the server to understand that cities isnt dying. As much as you may think the server is dead, its not. Try to be nice to people and you will understand what i mean.
Good point. You've got sports and school things to deal with, I've got university stuff to deal with, not everyone can get online all the time just for the sake of keeping the server going

Death

Mar 18, 2017
That was not the general point benny as trying to make. I don’t exactly know him except he got banned for exploit along with alan saipo and another person I forgot I think. But he does point out a very good point, just because hes not been here for the past year or months does’ not mean he did not witness it, just by the player base and how familiar the things are its easy to tell little has improved in his perspective. In my opinion I have to agree with him to a certain extent that its slowly decaying but its not dead. Now most of you are saying about being on different times and how people have lives yes. But the world is pretty diverse, I know some players who come from Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, Middle East, Egypt, Netherlands, London, United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Switzerland and many more. Honestly the server would be active on every point of the day because we can range from Australia to Asia to Europe to Africa to North and South America. One way or another this server had a lot more players. You need to accept that its really been off. We use to be more culturally diverse but now I feel like that things have been slowing down lately. I understand people have lives to live but, really even if everyone is working on Australia, everyone in the United States are busy playing at like 9-10pm. And thats just an example, meaning even if one point this area is busy another the world would be awake to play. In my opinion we also lost quite a huge number of Netherlands player. And I usually monitor how much players came in, back when Heather was Admin I remember we had a 90k ish playerbase, but look right now its almost been a year I dont remember really and we still haven’t reached a 100k player base. Just check /baltop to see how many players joined, I guess thats ‘sorta’ accurate. The server is really slowing down and there are new players now adays, but really these new players easily lose interest after eventually getting a house on the server, and the older players on the server are eventually gonna quit if there isn’t much to continue with. I don’t think peoples mindsets should revolve around plots or anything but should be more diverse. For example bank robbing would be more of a priority over reputation in my point. That way you bring back more action for criminals and police. People aren’t always interested in all these long term goals because this is all a game so this server needs more improvements on not just regular updates but major updates that can be attractive. I also find this very unequal based on events time. For example for us Australians or Asians we barely get to experience the new events just because we live on a different time zones when there are less people. Were eventually getting bored of the server as well. We understand that there is less staff now but I hope you take in to consideration on selecting players who come from the eastern side of the world so that we too may be able to eventually join events.

Anyways, I forgot how long I was writing but Benny has a point the server is going downhill as a whole, its reflected in the lack on interest of players to play or to continue playing on here. I hope everything gets better soon I guess.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Were not saying it's dead. We say it's dying. Player base goes down, and we lose many familiar faces. I think we got 10 new Hardcore community members where last xmas we had about 35 more. Also last summer we hit 70 players at max. The summer before that 120! As the summer passed it only became less and less with staff ignoring the cries from the community. Notice how toxic old players get. Maybe its because they know the stuff that’s going on behind the scenes and just seeing their favorite server and their passion die.

The dutch community shrunk down so much. As many people left and no new player stayed. Now we only have 6 players online at times where we could have 20 at eas.
Acceptence is the first step.
Let improvements be the next one

T

Trump15024

Were not saying it's dead. We say it's dying. Player base goes down, and we lose many familiar faces. I think we got 10 new Hardcore community members where last xmas we had about 35 more. Also last summer we hit 70 players at max. The summer before that 120! As the summer passed it only became less and less with staff ignoring the cries from the community. Notice how toxic old players get. Maybe its because they know the **** going on behind the scenes and just seeing their favorite server and their passion die.

The dutch community shrunk down so much. As many people left and no new player stayed. Now we only have 6 players online at times where we could have 20 at eas.
Acceptence is the first step.
Let improvements be the next one
Not sure where the 6 players come in at average players on at the time is around 21-25

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
You are right this moring it was 1, aka me. I was talking about the Dutch Community. When I play at 6pm my time there only 6-8 people online. Instead of the 20 that were online when I first started.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Fixing lagg before high season starts ;)
Keeping the server updated (you finally started yes I know)
Making for stuff for the rich
Lower the high demand for rare plots for more satisfaction.
Add another roleplay job (those are the most fun)

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
LOL the server isnt dying. We dont just dedicate our lives to playing cities. We have friends and other people we would like to talk to. I for one have sports and other school things i have to deal with before playing. I try to make time for cities but sometimes I cant. Whenever i am on tho, the community is as alive and welcoming as ever. You just need to become friends with the people on the server to understand that cities isnt dying. As much as you may think the server is dead, its not. Try to be nice to people and you will understand what i mean.
Remind me, when was the last time the server hit 100+ players? And I'd say the average player age went from 16-15 back in 2015 to around 11-13 now, which means there's going to be a bunch braindead kids scamming each other. If you look on whats been going on in the forums lately it only backs my argument.

Last edited:

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
Lemon did make the list if you can read.. and as i said i can't remember every single player; only relevant people made MY list (Emphasis on the MY).

And as for the server dying you are all getting defensive about me stating an obvious truth. This has been an on-going issue for McCities since the dawn of time:

Server is Alive and Active - Server dies down - Period of dead server - NEW INTERESTING FEATURES - Server is revived - Server is Alive and Active - Server dies down... and so on and so on.
If you all want the server to come back so much its pointless complaining about it on the forums. Ive done my part, whether people thought it was productive or destructive thats another topic, but the only thing i can say is voices are heard on the server if you all band together like this. Post a forum post on new suggestions, new plugins, new builds; something to bring back interest into the server!

Pretty much this, a server will reach low and high ends. Inevitably, we're at a lower end right now, but that can bounce back up at any given time. No server will grow endlessly. That being said, saying "I miss this or that" is pointless for the growth of the server. What's gone is gone and changes will always come.

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
That's quite obviously not the case, although it is low compared to how many there used to be.
I'm talking about updates that make the server fresh and fun again, not updates that don't affect gameplay at all, like the gender and age updates. Or updates that are so glitchy you can't even use like the stock update. Updates that get players to come back, like the cars update that was happening 'soon' literally a year ago. I know that 1 year was an exaggeration but I've only found two updates in the first nine months of the year.
Around 100 updates+ added in 2017
You clearly don't know the difference between a patch and an update. I just checked and about 75 of them are patches. The others mostly consist of small commands.

Attachments

wisemanjp

Verified
wisemanjp
wisemanjp
Jan 13, 2018
the ink inside a ballpoint pen
I'm talking about updates that make the server fresh and fun again, not updates that don't affect gameplay at all, like the gender and age updates. Or updates that are so glitchy you can't even use like the stock update. Updates that get players to come back, like the cars update that was happening 'soon' literally a year ago. I know that 1 year was an exaggeration but I've only found two updates in the first nine months of the year.

You clearly don't know the difference between a patch and an update. I just checked and about 75 of them are patches. The others mostly consist of small commands.
Patches are still good ;<

Status
Not open for further replies.