Money Suggestion

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
So I was just thinking to myself, how cool would it be if money was a physical item. Then i realized that, its quite possible with no major plugin at all.
You know how when you die you drop a golden nugget that is money. When you walk on it you claim it. I was thinking that we could like make it where any golden nugget can be deposited with an amount of money that is put by you.

For example, I hold a nugget in my hand and do, /deposit 3000 and then the normal golden nugget would turn into currency. It can be stored etc, and also to claim the money in the nugget all you have to do is like right click with the nugget in your hand. I think this is a great idea and could open up some new business ideas, expand the capabilities of our economy and a very cool item to play with and do treasure hunts with etc etc. The sky is limit for this item. Its simple, effective and a cool feature.

Let me know what you guys think

Obsidian

Obsidiangalaxy
Obsidiangalaxy
Oct 22, 2017
Why not just have /withdraw which gives u sheets of paper which u can hold/use to trade with

Reactions: mmitchh

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
So I was just thinking to myself, how cool would it be if money was a physical item. Then i realized that, its quite possible with no major plugin at all.
You know how when you die you drop a golden nugget that is money. When you walk on it you claim it. I was thinking that we could like make it where any golden nugget can be deposited with an amount of money that is put by you.

For example, I hold a nugget in my hand and do, /deposit 3000 and then the normal golden nugget would turn into currency. It can be stored etc, and also to claim the money in the nugget all you have to do is like right click with the nugget in your hand. I think this is a great idea and could open up some new business ideas, expand the capabilities of our economy and a very cool item to play with and do treasure hunts with etc etc. The sky is limit for this item. Its simple, effective and a cool feature.

It could be very easily duped.

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
i understand that if you could make a dupe machine, then yes it could be easily duped, but dupe machines are quite hard to build and even harder on multiplayer servers as a lot of servers have plugins to stop them. Also dupe machines are against the rules so its unlikely that many players would do it and most likely only newbies would. And they most likely would end up not playing the server after one day anyway

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
Give @RemoteFX a 1000$ banknote and an hour with whatever items he wants. Just to see how fast masters are at duplicating items like that. Someone with a dupe glitch could break the economy within hours

Reactions: Powerfull

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
Well, Maybe if we limited the price u could have on a note? say just 100 ? seeing as its more for roleplay reasons we dont need massive amounts of money on the notes.

Reactions: Gabbygytes

mmitchh

Teacher
mmitchh
mmitchh
May 7, 2017
Give @RemoteFX a 1000$ banknote and an hour with whatever items he wants. Just to see how fast masters are at duplicating items like that. Someone with a dupe glitch could break the economy within hours
You have a point, if something can be duped and there is a system already in place which works, why change it for something that can be duped is there really any point

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
You have a point, if something can be duped and there is a system already in place which works, why change it for something that can be duped is there really any point
Umm... Firstly because, change is a wonderful thing and its great to try out new things. Secondly, some people love to roleplay and having even just 10 - 100 dollar notes would expand their opportunities so much more.

True

Verified
kahlifornia
kahlifornia
Millionaire
Apr 3, 2018
Canada
I support this, but different laws should come into regarding money and stricter anti-dupe measures.

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016
I mean, yeah I could. But why do it now?
Mc Cities fun kinda left a while ago.

If you want a tip to make $$ look at every way you can earn money and think of a possible way to manipulate it to benefit you.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016

This already happend on another cities server. HumanCreeper/Andesine used to play on one where money was a physical item and I owned more than the owner who could pay infinite to himself and did because he didnt play the game and used to develop.