My Story: Why I Play On McCities!! (Inspired by Eunmin)

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
Hello! I hope you having a great day. So I was reading Eunmin's post about why she became a staff member, It was very inspiring. As i was reading, i realized i had some similar reasons too. So thats's why i will be sharing my story. Thank you all for being so supportive, and Thank you Eunmin for inspiring me.

When i was about 4, i started gymnastics. I was pretty good and my coaches told my parents there was defiantly something special about me. I quickly moved up the levels, nothing seemed to hard. Until the last level before team. That's when i struggled. All i ever wanted to do from that day on was compete, that was my dream. And I wan't giving up.

One day my mom asked me what i wanted to be in front of all of our relatives, and i said "i am going to be a gymnast" my mom laughed, she said "i'm sure it will change in a couple years". A couple years later she asked me the same question and still said the same thing.

2 years ago i made the team. I Had the worst night, I was falling, crying, and failing. After practice, my mom told me "Thats the best you have ever done! (sarcasm) I told you that you should waste you life on gymnastics." Having this awful day didn't make me sad, or regret anything. It made me want to work harder. I wanted to prove her wrong, and i knew that i could.

Two weeks later I break my arm on beam. I cry not because of the pain, but because of i know i have to quit... i can't come back from this injury. My mom will say she was right. And thats what she did. I needed a new goal... I needed a new happiness. And that when i found McCities.

I had always played on McCities, just not often. And with all of the kindness from all the players (Huge thank you to BatmanDK for all the help in the past) I felt like people finally supported me, they cared. There are so many amazing people. All the staff don't seem annoyed when i ask questions. I just feel appreciated. There are many of you who make me smile every day (Yes, you). So i just wanted to say thank you. Please press like if you want me to share my story of starting on McCities!!

Donut

Jan 14, 2017
your nearby Krispy Kreme
This is very touching, I am glad that McCities makes you happy!! I am so sorry about your mum and how she never really believed in your dreams. It is sad that you had to quit as it wasn't even your choice. I wish you luck for the future! I think it will be a good one :D

Last edited:

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Hello! I hope you having a great day. So I was reading Eunmin's post about why she became a staff member, It was very inspiring. As i was reading, i realized i had some similar reasons too. So thats's why i will be sharing my story. Thank you all for being so supportive, and Thank you Eunmin for inspiring me.

When i was about 4, i started gymnastics. I was pretty good and my coaches told my parents there was defiantly something special about me. I quickly moved up the levels, nothing seemed to hard. Until the last level before team. That's when i struggled. All i ever wanted to do from that day on was compete, that was my dream. And I wan't giving up.

One day my mom asked me what i wanted to be in front of all of our relatives, and i said "i am going to be a gymnast" my mom laughed, she said "i'm sure it will change in a couple years". A couple years later she asked me the same question and still said the same thing.

2 years ago i made the team. I Had the worst night, I was falling, crying, and failing. After practice, my mom told me "Thats the best you have ever done! (sarcasm) I told you that you should waste you life on gymnastics." Having this awful day didn't make me sad, or regret anything. It made me want to work harder. I wanted to prove her wrong, and i knew that i could.

Two weeks later I break my arm on beam. I cry not because of the pain, but because of i know i have to quit... i can't come back from this injury. My mom will say she was right. And thats what she did. I needed a new goal... I needed a new happiness. And that when i found McCities.

I had always played on McCities, just not often. And with all of the kindness from all the players (Huge thank you to BatmanDK for all the help in the past) I felt like people finally supported me, they cared. There are so many amazing people. All the staff don't seem annoyed when i ask questions. I just feel appreciated. There are many of you who make me smile every day (Yes, you). So i just wanted to say thank you. Please press like if you want me to share my story of starting on McCities!!
I'm so sorry you had to quit, with your coaches and your arm! I hope that everything is alright now, and I wish you the best of luck in the future following your dream, whatever it may be!

lucyluhoo

Former Staff
lucyluhoo
lucyluhoo
Jan 1, 2017
yingr hingr dingr
I know how you feel, the same thing happened to me with diving but I stuck with it. Listen, I'm a past-gymnast and let me tell you, it hurts like hell to injure yourself but know that it happens to everybody and when it heals, try again. If not, find another passion of yours, if not, McCities will be here for you with open arms.:)

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
I know how you feel, the same thing happened to me with diving but I stuck with it. Listen, I'm a past-gymnast and let me tell you, it hurts like hell to injure yourself but know that it happens to everybody and when it heals, try again. If not, find another passion of yours, if not, McCities will be here for you with open arms.:)
awww, tysm for the support!

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
I agree, whenever you need anything just ask! This is my favorite server for the same reason- everyone is so kind and welcoming!

Reactions: laggynab and Laurel

laggynab

laggynab
laggynab
Oct 25, 2016
maldives
Frosty madame, This is a very nice story about ur life. Thnk goodness u found hapiness in this server :D Single player is hell... I played single player for like ...6 years... I couldn't use the internet to play online since I had bad internet. U are very lucky u found McCities this quickly.
U would have fallen into depression or at least boredom. U seem really happy now :D Look at u getting all worked up with ur husband! :D

T

Trump15024

Frosty madame, This is a very nice story about ur life. Thnk goodness u found hapiness in this server :D Single player is hell... I played single player for like ...6 years... I couldn't use the internet to play online since I had bad internet. U are very lucky u found McCities this quickly.
U would have fallen into depression or at least boredom. U seem really happy now :D Look at u getting all worked up with ur husband! :D
Worked up with your husband? :cautious:

Reactions: laggynab

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016

I find it sad that your mother was like that.. before mine passed, she was supportive of my activities (awhile ago). However I do agree. McCities has pulled me out of some crazy stuff, one being suicide....

D

Deleted member 832

I find it sad that your mother was like that.. before mine passed, she was supportive of my activities (awhile ago). However I do agree. McCities has pulled me out of some crazy stuff, one being suicide....
Awww.. I struggled with depression for a short period. Mccities helped me. I'm just so glad that there are people there for me, even if I don't know a single thing about them. This server highlights the good of humanity

laggynab

laggynab
laggynab
Oct 25, 2016
maldives
Awww.. I struggled with depression for a short period. Mccities helped me. I'm just so glad that there are people there for me, even if I don't know a single thing about them. This server highlights the good of humanity
Oh cool!I don't know anyone in McCities either :D Atleast other English women and men are here.. I feel like a traveler here :D

Reactions: Laurel

laggynab

laggynab
laggynab
Oct 25, 2016
maldives
This server really does highlight the good in humanity :D Mistakes like this http://mccities.com/threads/help-some-one-released-an-enderdragon-to-warp-wild.2021/ only make ppls stonger. That Accident made great admin lord hm_shi and great admin lord Ciel who they are now. They accepted the responsibility that comes with great power. They stood up to their mistakes and made things right.

Reactions: Laurel

PingtothePong

Jun 28, 2017
The Milky Way
www.baconsizzling.com
I (dur) have been playing Minecraft for 3 years. The first year was all Singleplayer (cracked MC dang it), and I quickly got bored. One Christmas, I found out my brother had an actual Mojang account and was gifting it to me. I began to play multiplayer, and along came MCCities. Right now, I am a little bit less emotionally stable with stuff going on at home, yada yada. No, no, I'm not depressed. Just a little less happy than I should be. A fun activity called Geocaching, along with MCCities is helping. It's a small community, so no one has time to be an A-Hole.

Reactions: laggynab