Phones

T

Trump15024

I have a suggestion to add phones and phone numbers. I think it would be really cool if @nibble created phones basically it would be like the smart watch but with more features. There would be a system where people/business etc will be able to purchase a phone number to call etc. But this would not replace /msg because it will be up to the players to buy the phones. I think this is really cool and could add new roleplay to the server. There could even be a key pad or something and you could call 911 which the police would get your location if you need them :D.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I think legit5 or so zombee suggested this before and the watches were made. Idk not much players actually use the watch, it’s not like a big hit or anything so having phones won’t really do much same features unless you can think of some solely for a phones purpose besides the commands that we have and the smart watches features.

T

Trump15024

I think legit5 or so zombee suggested this before and the watches were made. Idk not much players actually use the watch, it’s not like a big hit or anything so having phones won’t really do much same features unless you can think of some solely for a phones purpose besides the commands that we have and the smart watches features.
I think players will overwhelming use a phone for better role play and the fact that it would bring a whole new device and feature for the server.

T

Trump15024

Why wouldn't you use /msg anyways? trrr
The server is based around modern real life city roleplay. When you want to talk to someone in real life I don't do /msg whoever this would add some very cool real life features to the game

Reactions: Minty and Kahili

Kahili

Dec 22, 2017
The Pokémon World
The server is based around modern real life city roleplay. When you want to talk to someone in real life I don't do /msg whoever this would add some very cool real life features to the game
true, but I don't think players (especially new players) would pay for a phone when they can use /msg instead. Maybe add some other features to make it more attractive.

Reactions: Minty

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Well tbh if the phone dosent play a major feature in the game such as something like a gps tracker or something that is a essential tool that the phone has, its not really worth buying. Like taking off /msg is impossible as players can’t communicate without it to one another. And it’s such a burden to right click open your phone right click the button to send a msg and type it. Like seriously if it dosent bring an advantage over the regular commands and functions of the game its not really worth paying for. Like the smart watch, I would say it’s not at all helpful even the police caller, in a real fight you wouldn’t have time to open you ur watch and call for police, by the time the cop gets there, the player is likely dead. It would take like 10 seconds at the most 30 seconds for those short fights where a regular pvper kills an armed/unarmed player. And it’s literally impossible to not fight back when your being attacked and waiting for the cop to save you cause it will take longer than expected. The phone even if it was made wouldn’t be that useful and it can already be seen from the smart watches. Do more than 70% of the regular player have one? Possibly. Do more than 50% of the regular players online even use it regularly? No. Like I can name 1-2 people who probably actually use it but that’s it, it’s not that helpful to majority of the regular players.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I thought about like /help phone, so if someone needs help they can use the phone to find out about jobs, apartments, as and plot commands etc. Thoughts?
That’s actually useful, if I were tbh when you join McCities no one actually wants to read one paragraph per stone tile. I’d prefer visual over all those words for additional help. If phone were like this, then it won’t be used for commercial purposes as selling. It seems more useful in this essence tho, like /phone could show stats such as plot count xyz location of the mid point. For the xyz plot locator, if the plot dosent have the sign for the plot, maybe it will use the /as setup point as its xyz. Closest warps etc... stuff like possible jobs and also shows list of police arch and staff. And it can explain like how to join doctor, Sr doc, bio, realtor, police, arch and staff. It will show the requirements and shows what you have completed to join it. Maybe it can also assist for something like Best valued apts. like some machine can count the region size If there is and count the price tag. So it could possibly calculate for the biggest and most affordable apts on the market. Idk if it’s possible for the region to be counted automatically tho. Maybe a directory and guide to the list of warps and explains the functions of going to each one. Some basic stuff that players easily forget and is open to any player. For me I think the phone should be more of a open directory command instead of a in game item which needs to be purchased. Looking at the pros and cons of it, for me it would seem more useful for the community to have if not all majority of the commands in your phone. Like it can show the /actions and the /ar time and your rank. Just for easy access it can be easily remembered and can show you most of your stats and stuff that can help in game such as a best valued apartment etc...

All in all for me I think it can contribute by placing all the commands and basic things thta players use in game in explanation and easy access to find the players stats and other functions relating to the player personally such as a best valued plot finder and plot xyz locator and closest warp to it. And suggest other functions that could or is doable.

SirKosmo

SirKosmo
SirKosmo
Dec 22, 2017
Texas
Why not use the phone to replace /mail which is one of the most annoying commands. Plus as a city rp why do we want commands? If we could intigrate commands into items itd give more of a rp to everything. A phone could use /find for realtors, /mail for everyone (rp texts or emails), access the bank or view balances to replace /bal /bank, and so on. I think the less / commands we use, the more items can take their place, would add value to the economy and usefulness to rp

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Why not use the phone to replace /mail which is one of the most annoying commands. Plus as a city rp why do we want commands? If we could intigrate commands into items itd give more of a rp to everything. A phone could use /find for realtors, /mail for everyone (rp texts or emails), access the bank or view balances to replace /bal /bank, and so on. I think the less / commands we use, the more items can take their place, would add value to the economy and usefulness to rp
Thing is newbies need to use the simple commands so selling phones is just gonna make it harder for newbies to access the commands needed like /bal.

SirKosmo

SirKosmo
SirKosmo
Dec 22, 2017
Texas
So phones should be cheap to distribute so everyone can have them aswell as be given upon completion of the tutorial. Of course make them have like 1000 uses to force more sales but if you use / commands 1000 tikes youll have enough for another phone

Reactions: Kahili and Minty

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
So phones should be cheap to distribute so everyone can have them aswell as be given upon completion of the tutorial. Of course make them have like 1000 uses to force more sales but if you use / commands 1000 tikes youll have enough for another phone
Would be much harder for newbies to understand. 90% of newbies will leave before they even get a phone cause they have no idea what to do, which would hurt the player count even more

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Honestly I’ve played on servers more complicated than McCities and half the time you don’t understand the tutorials and yes there are phones there which give me a damn headache cause it’s impossible to understand. Also removing commands will hurt McCities in general, players are already used to it so what you think putting phones in will be like ok for everyone. Nope, people are just gonna be more confused and the cities will likely lose more players old and new not understanding all these new and confusing concepts when we already have the simple version of commands. I get this is a city rp server but not everything can be done in a minecraft world so limited to its capacities.